Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:22 pm

Metroid wrote:Cannot see the Ducks slipping up here, they may have a letdown at some point this season but it shouldn't be at Wazzu. :-?

Just stay healthy...just stay healthy, just stay healthy, just stay healthy.

If they don't cover, I'll be SHOCKED, let's put it that way :-b

Over the years, Cougs have had a great record of "covering" at home, but they can't even touch Oregon the last few years and that won't change this year. 36.5 is a lot, but it's like that for a reason :,-( :~(
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:50 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Metroid wrote:Cannot see the Ducks slipping up here, they may have a letdown at some point this season but it shouldn't be at Wazzu. :-?

Over the years, Cougs have had a great record of "covering" at home, but they can't even touch Oregon the last few years and that won't change this year. 36.5 is a lot, but it's like that for a reason :,-( :~(

Yeah, when you're scoring a point a minute, the spread is going to be huge. :-/
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:02 pm

Metroid wrote:Just stay healthy...just stay healthy, just stay healthy, just stay healthy.

Dammit. :-[
Metroid

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Metroid wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

Yeah, when you're scoring a point a minute, the spread is going to be huge. :-/

Guess I'll stick to my theory of covering at home, LOL! A couple of ragged ends of possessions for the Cougs or this would have been only a 10- or 13-point loss 8-o

Yes we suck, and yes we had no real chance, but sucking less is a proposition I'll accept for now :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:26 pm

Before you can be a great team, you have to be a good team. Before you can be a good team, you have to not be a bad team. Before you can not be a bad team, you have to not be a sucky team. I'd say Wazzu is not a sucky team today...still pretty bad though. :-/ :-B

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Cougs get a conference win this year, against a team they aren't supposed to beat....which I guess is everybody. :-? :-b
Metroid

Postby Nfl Fan » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:16 am

Cougs played tough today. Much tougher than expected. What is it with the Ducks that they gotta get punched in the face every week? They have trailed in the first half in 4 out of 6 of their wins. Injuries, etc. A win is a win, but this one was kinda hurt.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby The Lung » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:32 am

I wonder if this guy will be on the Ducks recruiting radar now. :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:33 pm

The Lung wrote:I wonder if this guy will be on the Ducks recruiting radar now. :-b

Haha, I'm sure he is. I heard about his six TD performance the week earlier...that's crazy, he's got a seasons worth of TD's (14) in two games. 8-o :-b
Metroid

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:14 am

No. 1 without even playing! Grats to the Ducks! May they play the Broncos or Horny Frogs in the BCS title game and keep the Big-12/10/SEC outta the picture ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby Metroid » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:50 am

Whoa, whoa, whoa....pump your breaks and slow down man. Don't jinx us. :-o :-b

Seriously though, there is a hell of a lot of football left to be played and Oregon still has some tough games left on the schedule. I'm not looking past any games. The Ducks first have to get through the Bruins at home Thursday. Then at USC, even in a down year it's still SC in the coliseum. Then back home for UW, the Huskies showed some flashes last night...sort of. Then at Cal, again, it's always tough to win in Cali...in fact, I can't remember the last time Oregon beat Cal at home...a little research show's it's been 9 years. Back home for Arizona, the Wildcats are very capable. And finally at Oregon State. The Civil War is never very civil, prior to our last trip to Corvallis in 2008, Oregon hadn't come home with a victory since 1996.

Every week the pressure will continue to build and build, that is what is going to be Oregon's biggest foe. Can they put all the NC talk, and rankings, and blah, blah, blah in the back seat and just play and win one game at a time? I dunno, I really hope so, but it's gonna be tough.

Also there's no way and undefeated Oklahoma or Auburn or LSU or Michigan St or even Mizzou doesn't leap frog TCU and Boise before the year is out. The Broncos and the Horny frogs weaker schedules will begin to bite them as the season progresses. In fact, I'd be surprised to see either in over a 1 loss Bama or NU or OU for example. :-?
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to College Football