Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed May 07, 2008 1:24 pm

That's a lot of QB's, don't ya think? :-?
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Wed May 07, 2008 2:16 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:That's a lot of QB's, don't ya think? :-?

Yeah but they're all relatively young and unexperienced. Finding a replacement for Dixon is quite a challenge, I like having a large pool to choose from. Also a couple of these guys could be used in other ways, like Chris Harper and even Darron Thomas...maybe one can be moved to WR. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed May 07, 2008 3:49 pm

Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:That's a lot of QB's, don't ya think? :-?

Yeah but they're all relatively young and unexperienced. Finding a replacement for Dixon is quite a challenge, I like having a large pool to choose from. Also a couple of these guys could be used in other ways, like Chris Harper and even Darron Thomas...maybe one can be moved to WR. :-?


No doubt! I'm just surprised we're landing such a crop of quality guys. You know they're not coming here to ride the pine.

It will be interesting to see who gets the nod. I'd say Roper had the edge, but who knows?
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Wed May 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:That's a lot of QB's, don't ya think? :-?

Yeah but they're all relatively young and unexperienced. Finding a replacement for Dixon is quite a challenge, I like having a large pool to choose from. Also a couple of these guys could be used in other ways, like Chris Harper and even Darron Thomas...maybe one can be moved to WR. :-?


No doubt! I'm just surprised we're landing such a crop of quality guys. You know they're not coming here to ride the pine.

It will be interesting to see who gets the nod. I'd say Roper had the edge, but who knows?

Yeah Roper is one of the front runners but from what I've read Costa is still at the top of the list even though he hasn't seen much work this spring...but yeah it's anyone's guess and just because someone is named the starter that doesn't mean that wont change week to week. I imagine we'll see a QB carousel this season.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed May 07, 2008 5:13 pm

Metroid wrote:I imagine we'll see a QB carousel this season.


Brings back bad memories of 2006. %-6
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Wed May 07, 2008 5:27 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:I imagine we'll see a QB carousel this season.


Brings back bad memories of 2006. %-6

I know...hopefully someone emerges as the clear starter and holds the position down. So far I haven't seen anybody that looks like they can. Again I wouldn't mind a 2 QB system if it was implemented right. I hated when Bellotti would pull Dixon and put Leaf in just to do it, and vice versa. Just stick with who's hot and only make a switch when needed.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed May 07, 2008 6:34 pm

Metroid wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:I imagine we'll see a QB carousel this season.


Brings back bad memories of 2006. %-6

I know...hopefully someone emerges as the clear starter and holds the position down. So far I haven't seen anybody that looks like they can. Again I wouldn't mind a 2 QB system if it was implemented right. I hated when Bellotti would pull Dixon and put Leaf in just to do it, and vice versa. Just stick with who's hot and only make a switch when needed.


Just gimme the clear cut starter and yank him if he blows. I like Costa too. Some say the final three games of '07 wouilda been much different if he (our 3rd stringer but better than Leaf) was healthy.

That kid you just posted on looks very promising, though. B-)
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Wed May 07, 2008 7:38 pm

Here's another article on him from the Gaurd.
http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... d=21&fid=1
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu May 08, 2008 5:37 pm

Metroid wrote:Here's another article on him from the Gaurd.
http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... d=21&fid=1


Good read, Met...
GO DUCKS!! ;-D
Image
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 6275
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 18 May 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: AUTZEN!!!!!!

Re: 2008 Oregon thread

Postby Metroid » Thu May 08, 2008 5:57 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:Here's another article on him from the Gaurd.
http://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/si ... d=21&fid=1


Good read, Met...
GO DUCKS!! ;-D

I hate not being in Eugene, a lot of my info on the Ducks was word of mouth. Now I'm strictly stuck with the interwebs. :-[
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

PreviousNext

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:06 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact