Postby AquaMan2342 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:40 am

Sorry Met. :-/
AquaMan2342
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Postby knapplc » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:08 am

Hell of a game. Oregon was definitely a contender.

We'll have to see if the Ducks get the trophy when this title is vacated a few years from now. :-D
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:30 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Is Chip Kelly normally that inept with his time out management or did he just choose a really bad time to become dumb? :-?

What exactly are you referring to? I don't recall Kelly being "inept" in anyway as far as coaching. He stuck to his style of coaching which extremely confident, some might say over confident. If he was guilty of anything last night it was that. And Kelly is not "dumb," you can save that noise.

No excuses. Auburn was the better team and beat Oregon. The Ducks gave it their best shot, but they lost the line of scrimmage and never got their rhythm that they depend on. Fairly and the D line was beastly for the Tigers, Fairy spent more time in Oregon's backfield than he does in a buffet line. In typical fashion he got a little dirty, not surprised at all though, they guy is just plain dirty. Whatevs. I'm still digesting, this is tough to swallow. In a way I'm glad that it was a close game, but on the other hand, it makes it tougher to know that Oregon was that close to the title. Ugh.

Thanks for the luck wishes, and the props, and the condolences everyone. It's 8:30 here and I'm still wearing y jersey.....think I might sleep in it. :,-(
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Sandrock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:46 pm

Signing day is fast approaching and the Ducks look like they have a very good class. Who would have figured that reaching the NC game might help recruiting, right? ;-)
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:09 am

Sandrock wrote:Signing day is fast approaching and the Ducks look like they have a very good class. Who would have figured that reaching the NC game might help recruiting, right? ;-)

I know right? I'm not surprised but I still find it amazing what that kind of success can do for a program.
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:02 am

I've sorta had my head burried in the sand the last couple months but it looks like some dark days ahead for Oregon. Ugh.
Metroid

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm

Metroid wrote:I've sorta had my head burried in the sand the last couple months but it looks like some dark days ahead for Oregon. Ugh.

Yeh, sounds scary:

Be very concerned Duck Nation. Oregon is in line for major penalties, the kind that burn a program to the ground. USC-like. Kelly's job could be in jeopardy. This is not USC looking the other way while Reggie Bush took money, this is a willful attempt to gain a recruiting and competitive advantage.

more: http://dennis-dodd.blogs.cbssports.com/ ... 2/30370011
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Metroid wrote:I've sorta had my head burried in the sand the last couple months but it looks like some dark days ahead for Oregon. Ugh.

Makes me :-b a little bit, until I realize they still won't bottom out anywhere near the level of my Cougs :,-(
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sandrock » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:57 pm

I smiled a bit when this first came out, but now the whole situation is so convoluted and shady it's just depressing.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:00 pm

Sandrock wrote:I smiled a bit when this first came out, but now the whole situation is so convoluted and shady it's just depressing.

Yeah totally. It's just a mess. Taking the Duck goggles off and looking at this situation, and the college landscape as a whole, is becoming depressing. I'm so sick of hearing about messes like this at schools.

Teams like SC, Ohio State, etc. can recover from these messes relatively easily. I'm not sure Oregon quite has the clout to bounce back so quickly should the shiz truly hit the fan in Eugene.
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to College Football