Official Oregon Ducks Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Official Oregon Ducks Thread

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:10 pm

Metroid wrote:
Sandrock wrote:I smiled a bit when this first came out, but now the whole situation is so convoluted and shady it's just depressing.

Yeah totally. It's just a mess. Taking the Duck goggles off and looking at this situation, and the college landscape as a whole, is becoming depressing. I'm so sick of hearing about messes like this at schools.

Teams like SC, Ohio State, etc. can recover from these messes relatively easily. I'm not sure Oregon quite has the clout to bounce back so quickly should the shiz truly hit the fan in Eugene.

Yeh, it's a shame to see, especially in a team that had really moved up in the nation - and in the long run it's the fans who will suffer.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Metroid » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:50 pm

So since I've moved to Portlandia and have been in school, I've only had the finances and time to attend one Ducks home game a year. I've done really well the past two years in picking some fun home games to attend. 2 years ago it was the dismantling of then #6 Cal, who everyone in their mother said Oregon had no chance against. And last year I was the Stanford game, where Oregon came back from a 31-24 first half to shut the Cardinal out in the 2nd and win 52-31.

This post is to ask which game I should set my sights on for the upcoming season. Gotta buy my tix early so I can get good seats and they don't cost a fortune.

Oregon's home schedule:

Sat, Sept 10 vs. Nevada

Sat, Sept 17 vs. Missouri State

Thu, Oct 6 vs. California

Sat, Oct 15 vs. Arizona State

Sat, Oct 29 vs. Washington State

Sat, Nov 19 vs. USC

Sat, Nov 26 vs. Oregon State

I get my tickets from a booster how gets me great seats, unfortunately I can never get Civil War tix, so that game is out. I have my sights on that ASU game. What do the rest of you college fans think though? If you could go to any one of those home games for Oregon, which would it be?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Metroid wrote:This post is to ask which game I should set my sights on for the upcoming season. Gotta buy my tix early so I can get good seats and they don't cost a fortune.

Sat, Nov 19 vs. USC

I think you gotta pick between these two. Winter, but.... "It never rains at Autzen Stadium!" ;-)
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Metroid » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:01 am

Nfl Fan wrote:
Metroid wrote:This post is to ask which game I should set my sights on for the upcoming season. Gotta buy my tix early so I can get good seats and they don't cost a fortune.

Sat, Nov 19 vs. USC

I think you gotta pick between these two. Winter, but.... "It never rains at Autzen Stadium!" ;-)

Like I said at the end of my post above, I can never get Civil War tix.

USC huh? I dunno, I think they are still in "reload mode" and I don't think they'll even with their division. I know it's weird to say USC is reloading because they're usually always loaded, but they are not the same old USC especially on defense. I'm really leaning toward the ASU game, I think they are the team to beat in the South and will give Oregon their toughest challenge at home.

That SC game is an evening game....I love night games. Hmmm. :-?
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 pm

Metroid

Postby oo3 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:17 pm

Metroid wrote:So since I've moved to Portlandia and have been in school, I've only had the finances and time to attend one Ducks home game a year. I've done really well the past two years in picking some fun home games to attend. 2 years ago it was the dismantling of then #6 Cal, who everyone in their mother said Oregon had no chance against. And last year I was the Stanford game, where Oregon came back from a 31-24 first half to shut the Cardinal out in the 2nd and win 52-31.

This post is to ask which game I should set my sights on for the upcoming season. Gotta buy my tix early so I can get good seats and they don't cost a fortune.

Oregon's home schedule:

Sat, Sept 10 vs. Nevada

Sat, Nov 19 vs. USC

I get my tickets from a booster how gets me great seats, unfortunately I can never get Civil War tix, so that game is out. I have my sights on that ASU game. What do the rest of you college fans think though? If you could go to any one of those home games for Oregon, which would it be?

I would go to the Oregon-ASU game simply because they have such a strong chance to win the Pac-12 South and would likely play Oregon/Stanford in the Pac-12 championship. ASU should be undefeated going into the game against Oregon, with USC giving them the most trouble. But since it's a home game for the Sun Devils, it should be a win.
Princess Bubblegums
ESPN 12-team Standard Scoring
QB: E. Manning, Manuel
RB: Richardson, Murray, G. Bernard, Tate, Powell, Woodhead
WR: Bryant, Fitzgerald, D. Jackson, Britt
TE: Davis, Cook
K/DST: Hauschka, Dolphins
oo3
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 11)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:40 pm

oo3 wrote:
Metroid wrote:So since I've moved to Portlandia and have been in school, I've only had the finances and time to attend one Ducks home game a year. I've done really well the past two years in picking some fun home games to attend. 2 years ago it was the dismantling of then #6 Cal, who everyone in their mother said Oregon had no chance against. And last year I was the Stanford game, where Oregon came back from a 31-24 first half to shut the Cardinal out in the 2nd and win 52-31.

Oregon's home schedule:

Sat, Sept 10 vs. Nevada

Sat, Nov 19 vs. USC

I would go to the Oregon-ASU game simply because they have such a strong chance to win the Pac-12 South and would likely play Oregon/Stanford in the Pac-12 championship. ASU should be undefeated going into the game against Oregon, with USC giving them the most trouble. But since it's a home game for the Sun Devils, it should be a win.

They might be looking forward to the Cougs though, so be careful ... they scheduled that bye in between ASU and WSU for a reason :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:50 am

Hardly anyone ever stops by the college forum anymore...but anyway, for those who do, this is what the Ducks will be wearing tonight vs. Cal. I dig em. ;-D

http://nflmocks.com/2011/10/06/oregon-f ... day-night/
Metroid

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:54 pm

Metroid wrote:Hardly anyone ever stops by the college forum anymore...but anyway, for those who do, this is what the Ducks will be wearing tonight vs. Cal. I dig em. ;-D

I'm a fan ;-D

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:28 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:Hardly anyone ever stops by the college forum anymore...but anyway, for those who do, this is what the Ducks will be wearing tonight vs. Cal. I dig em. ;-D

I'm a fan ;-D

Me too. I got a Darron Thomas #5 one yesterday. B-)

Side note: It looks like LaMike just dislocated his elbow yesterday and he wont miss the rest of the season. He might miss the ASU game next week which sucks, but I'm just glad it wasn't a more serious injury. :-°

http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.s ... y_pho.html
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to College Football