Bad Luck - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Bad Luck

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Bad Luck

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:45 am

josebach wrote:The house warranty is over

After only 4 years? Most cars come with a 5 year warranty and they are a ton cheaper than houses (usually :-b ), but your house came with less than that?

Maybe that's the norm though. I've not bought a house yet, so I could just be stupid, but that seems really really odd to me. :-S

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby josebach » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:07 am

Madison wrote:

After only 4 years? Most cars come with a 5 year warranty and they are a ton cheaper than houses (usually :-b ), but your house came with less than that?

Maybe that's the norm though. I've not bought a house yet, so I could just be stupid, but that seems really really odd to me. :-S

The builder only gives one year warranty, but a lot of the subcontracors that work on the house offer longer warranties for their individual work (like plumbing). Because this is an underground service problem, we had no idea who damaged it, and in turn, no way of knowing who to ask to pay for it. Not only that, but we were completely without power and I wasn't about to spend the next two or three days trying to locate the original contractor who layed the underground service to our house (who is a different contractor than the one who actually wired the house). Fun, huh? Not only was time a factor, but if the original contractor did screw it up, I don't want him touching it again. This way at least, I called an electrician I trust and know does good work. I definitely got shafted on this deal, but like I said... it could have been a lot worse.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Madison » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:53 am

josebach wrote:
Madison wrote:

The builder only gives one year warranty, but a lot of the subcontracors that work on the house offer longer warranties for their individual work (like plumbing). Because this is an underground service problem, we had no idea who damaged it, and in turn, no way of knowing who to ask to pay for it. Not only that, but we were completely without power and I wasn't about to spend the next two or three days trying to locate the original contractor who layed the underground service to our house (who is a different contractor than the one who actually wired the house). Fun, huh? Not only was time a factor, but if the original contractor did screw it up, I don't want him touching it again. This way at least, I called an electrician I trust and know does good work. I definitely got shafted on this deal, but like I said... it could have been a lot worse.

Ah, ok. That makes more sense. Thanks! :-) ;-D

I am the Reaper of Men,
The Chaser of Souls,
The Weaver of Nightmares,
I am The Heart of Darkness.
I now, and ever will be,
The Purity of Evil.
Madison
Lord of Darkness
Lord of Darkness

ExecutiveMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberMatchup Meltdown ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk