drunk dialing 911 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

drunk dialing 911

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: drunk dialing 911

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:36 pm

One of my roommates last year was from Fox Lake, Wisconsin. Knowing him I can't say this surprises me. :-D
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:07 pm

moonhead wrote:
Lofunzo wrote:When I lived in my mother's basement, she yelled downstairs that someone called 911 from my phone. The cop was upstairs with her. I didn't dial it and my GF said that she didn't, either. Well, we had been drinking and my mom was yelling at me. I returned fire. The cop must have been amused. A few hours later, my GF admitted that she made a mistake attempting to call 411.

damn. you were scoring while living in your mom's basement? was your girlfriend into dungeons and dragons too? or are you just a master wool puller?

Actually, I set it up to be better than most normal apartments. I had a smallish bedroom separated from the large living room. Separate entrance, laundry facilities, beer fridge, and a half bath. Just went upstairs to eat or shower. I also installed a DTV dish as well as 4 TV's (2 mounted). They went quite well with Sunday Ticket. ;-D
"There is no bad beer. Some are better than others."
Lofunzo
Head Coach
Head Coach

Baseball ModHockey Mod
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:09 pm

wisconnie wrote:
SwiperNoSwiping wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:She did the right thing. Better to pay 740 then kill someone.

Wouldn't a cab have been cheaper?

I don't think that there are any cab services in Fox Lake, Wisconsin. Population: Unincorporated.

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Cowboys 4 life wrote:She did the right thing. Better to pay 740 then kill someone.

Not really. She actually increased the chances of killing someone, because she wound up driving all the way home anyway, and along with that, distracted herself by talking on the phone.

She was aware of that and asked if she could hang up so she could concentrate on her driving.

My point was simply that it's not like she stopped to be safer, and that she kept driving home intoxicated, so there was nothing that she did that made the situation any safer than if she just drove home without calling 911.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk