The Natalee Holloway Case - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The Natalee Holloway Case

Moderator: Football Moderators

The Natalee Holloway Case

Postby knapplc » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:38 pm

I'm sure someone will be able to dredge up an old thread on this, but I used the Cafe search and google, searching for various combinations of Natalee, Holloway and/or Aruba and couldn't find one. Anyway, I wanted to know what you guys thought about this alleged "confession" from one of the suspects in this case:

CNN wrote:(CNN) -- Video footage showing Joran van der Sloot saying he was with Natalee Holloway when she died and arranged for a friend to dump her body shows he is "not innocent," Holloway's mother said Monday.

Joran van der Sloot awaits transfer from the Netherlands to Aruba in November. He later was released.

1 of 2 "Once people see the video, there are no more questions; there is no one that could walk away from this believing that he is innocent," Beth Twitty told ABC.

In the video that aired Sunday on Dutch television, van der Sloot, a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Holloway, told a man that he was with the Alabama teen on an Aruban beach when she died and that a friend of his with a boat disposed of Holloway's body.

Full Article

The description this guy gives, about how her body was dumped in the ocean, seems to make sense and would account for why they've never found any trace of her remains. The whole thing is terribly sad. She was a beautiful girl, and she's gone and her parents will likely never really have full closure.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: The Natalee Holloway Case

Postby Tiki » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:40 pm

I remember this case...Truly too bad... :-t
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:47 pm

He got pwned by a friend of his. I hope they finally get him for this
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Nfl Fan » Mon Feb 04, 2008 4:51 pm

I read about this earlier. What a POS. :-t
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:08 pm

I read this at work today. The one thing that raised an eyebrow is that he alledgedly dumped the body less than a mile out. I'm not familiar with the waters around Aruba, but that's pretty close in. Perhaps the water gets deep that close to shore. Or maybe the 'friend' didn't know any better.

Either way, a sad but expected possible end to the story.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:15 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I read this at work today. The one thing that raised an eyebrow is that he alledgedly dumped the body less than a mile out. I'm not familiar with the waters around Aruba, but that's pretty close in. Perhaps the water gets deep that close to shore. Or maybe the 'friend' didn't know any better.

Either way, a sad but expected possible end to the story.

I still think the Dad knew and knows exactly what happened and used his power as a judge to get rid of this thing
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:42 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:I still think the Dad knew and knows exactly what happened and used his power as a judge to get rid of this thing

I recall from when this first came into news that the judge Dad was quoted as saying something like 'if there's no body there's no murder.' When you live on an island, the best way to get rid of a body is to dump it offshore. I suspected from day one that is what happened to her, either that night or shortly afterwards based on the Dad's advice.

There's an old saying that goes 'a good lie is often easier to believe than the truth.' Isn't it easy to believe that she was drinking heavily, possible doing cocaine, and then suddenly died from overdose, making him not the murderer, just a person who was scared and conveniently someone else disposed of the body. I think the story is bunk, just an easy to believe story that he created to show he didn't kill her nor did he dispose of the body.

I'm more inclined to believe he raped than killed her, dumped the body, and is trying to get away with murder. As the authorities close in, he's offering up something that implies she overdosed and his only crime was to not notify authorities. If she truly overdosed, her body chemisty would have shown it. But they can't test for that now, can they.

Or, maybe I've just watched too much CSI, and I used to know people who would dispose of bodies in a similar fashion so I know it's plausible. Which he probably does, too.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:25 pm

Note to self: scott knows scary people. 8-o

:-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:49 pm

Metroid wrote:Note to self: scott knows scary people. 8-o

:-b

better watch out 8-o
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:21 pm

any of you guys check out the 20/20 thing on this tonight?
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to General Talk