League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby madaslives911 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:09 am

Last year, if i remember it correctly, our Rookie Draft style was Serpentine. But for this year, will we follow the NFL style or will it be a snake draft? And my 2nd question is, do we draft separate for the Offense and the Defense? Or combined?
Visit My Sigs Gallery

2008 Champion - Cafeholics Anonymous
2008 Champion - No Press Allowed
madaslives911
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kilroy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:47 am

madaslives911 wrote:Last year, if i remember it correctly, our Rookie Draft style was Serpentine. But for this year, will we follow the NFL style or will it be a snake draft? And my 2nd question is, do we draft separate for the Offense and the Defense? Or combined?

Rules wrote:Each year a 4 round rookie draft including both offensive and defensive players will be done.

NFL-Style. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby dream_017 » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:53 am

Kilroy wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
That's only 11 teams.

I think the only one missing is jayday. As the reigning champ ( }:-) ) he'd pick 12th.

I thought that once you won the league, you were not invited back. Guess not. Looks like Jayday will have the 12th pick :-b
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:14 pm

dream_017 wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:
That's only 11 teams.

I think the only one missing is jayday. As the reigning champ ( }:-) ) he'd pick 12th.

I thought that once you won the league, you were not invited back. Guess not. Looks like Jayday will have the 12th pick :-b

:-b

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby jayday » Tue May 06, 2008 2:34 pm

Hardy harr harr... :-D

Y'all aren't getting rid of me that easy.
jayday
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby dream_017 » Tue May 06, 2008 2:42 pm

jayday wrote:Hardy harr harr... :-D

Y'all aren't getting rid of me that easy.

We can try O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon May 12, 2008 1:45 pm

Question: Most of us will have over 35 players after the rookie draft. When cutting down to 35 after the rookie draft, what are the salary cap implications for the guys you cut to get down to 35? :-/

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Mon May 12, 2008 2:12 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Question: Most of us will have over 35 players after the rookie draft. When cutting down to 35 after the rookie draft, what are the salary cap implications for the guys you cut to get down to 35? :-/

It's my understanding that (per the league rules) at no time are we allowed to have more than 35 players on our rosters, so cuts will need to be made by some teams before rookies can be selected/signed. These cuts are subject to the 50% off-season contact buyout (unless a player was designated as an anti-franchide player).

Long story short, you'll get half of that player's 2008 contract "money" back. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kilroy » Mon May 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Kilroy wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Question: Most of us will have over 35 players after the rookie draft. When cutting down to 35 after the rookie draft, what are the salary cap implications for the guys you cut to get down to 35? :-/

It's my understanding that (per the league rules) at no time are we allowed to have more than 35 players on our rosters, so cuts will need to be made by some teams before rookies can be selected/signed. These cuts are subject to the 50% off-season contact buyout (unless a player was designated as an anti-franchide player).

Long story short, you'll get half of that player's 2008 contract "money" back. ;-D

A Poll's been posted regarding this matter. ;-D

Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 13, 2008 3:43 am

I was messing around on MFL and setting some things up (see new question in schedule poll). For the lineup submissions...do we want it to be at the kickoff of the plaeyrs' game? This way we can make last minute changes for MNF.

The options are:

Lineup Submission Deadline:

Kickoff - All players are locked at scheduled kickoff time for first game of the week
Early - Players in early games are locked at kickoff of their game, other players are locked Sunday at 1PM ET
Gametime - Players are locked at scheduled kickoff of their game
Calendar - As specified on the league calendar

In order, I prefer:

Gametime
Early
Kickoff

not ranking 'Calendar'. :-?

EDIT: Don't respond, I'm gonna put up a poll. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League