League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:32 am

Just a reminder that there are still a couple teams that need to get down to the 35 man roster max. You still have until the end of the week. 50% cap hit will continue until the kickoff of the first game.

Good luck with everyones season ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:45 pm

Whoops, this kinda snuck up on me, I've been busy getting acclimated to college. No matter, I'll have my roster down to 35 in, oh, the next 15 minutes. :-B :-/

EDIT: Just realized that by EST I'm already over the deadline. Crap, I'm sorry guys. I'm getting my cut in now.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:50 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Whoops, this kinda snuck up on me, I've been busy getting acclimated to college. No matter, I'll have my roster down to 35 in, oh, the next 15 minutes. :-B :-/

EDIT: Just realized that by EST I'm already over the deadline. Crap, I'm sorry guys. I'm getting my cut in now.

Not a problem, I was on vacation this past weekend, so I'm going through things now.

Everyone - please make sure to look through your rosters on MFL to make sure things are correct, it is rare, but I do make mistakes. O:-)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:33 pm

dream_017 wrote:Everyone - please make sure to look through your rosters on MFL to make sure things are correct, it is rare, but I do make mistakes. O:-)

Only thing I saw on my roster is that Tyvon Branch doesn't have a salary or contract entered yet. Everything else looks fine.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:48 am

steelerfan513 wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Everyone - please make sure to look through your rosters on MFL to make sure things are correct, it is rare, but I do make mistakes. O:-)

Only thing I saw on my roster is that Tyvon Branch doesn't have a salary or contract entered yet. Everything else looks fine.

Thanks, all set ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:24 am

A little over 24 hours left to take advantage of the off-season cap hit ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby steelerfan513 » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:45 pm

When will we be allowed to pick up players as free agents? I know once the season starts it starts at 5PM EST every Wednesday, but what about this week? Just waivers?
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:23 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:When will we be allowed to pick up players as free agents? I know once the season starts it starts at 5PM EST every Wednesday, but what about this week? Just waivers?

Sorry for the late response.

Waivers will continue, then Free Agency will begin next Wednesday at 5
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:52 pm

Okay, I'm a little lost, how do I go about acquiring a player I want now? and how will I do it when it changes?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:38 am

aaawall91 wrote:Okay, I'm a little lost, how do I go about acquiring a player I want now? and how will I do it when it changes?

waivers wrote:WAIVERS

All players are on waivers from the beginning of the first game of the week through 5 P.M. Eastern the next Wednesday. Additionally, any dropped player is on waivers for 48 Hours from the time he was dropped.

To claim a player on waivers PM a commissioner, notifying him that you intend to place a claim, and then post a thread in the league forum with the contract that you intend to offer that player.
Highest bidder wins the player. A Commissioner will add the player to the winning bidder’s roster.

Bidding ends 24 Hours after the last bid placed. Should this 24 Hour "Window" extend past kickoff of the first game of a given week any player(s) won will not be awarded until the following Tuesday.

EXAMPLE: A Bid is placed on a Player at 4:00 P.M. Saturday. If no other bids are placed that player will not be placed on the "winning" team until Tuesday Morning, since the 24 Hour "Window" would extend past the beginning of that week's games.

Contract tiebreakers are (in this order):
1.) Total Contract Amount
2.) Average Yearly Salary

The league minimum contract is 1 Year/$200,000.

FREE AGENTS

Any player that clears waivers is considered a Free Agent and may be signed to a One Year Minimum Contract by any team with cap/roster space.

Free Agents are awarded on a First-Come First-Served Basis.

To claim a Free Agent PM a Commissioner with the name of the player you wish to claim, and then post that player in the Free Agents thread in the League Forum. A commissioner will then add the player to that team’s roster.

Dream will correct me if I'm wrong, but since the 1st game of the week has started, all players are now on waivers. To pick up a player now, you would just start a thread like we've been doing with FA's in the offseason. The player is not eligible for your roster this week (because the 1st game of the week was Thursday). If you win the player before the 1st game next week (week 2), the player will be on your roster for week 2. If you win the player after the 1st game of week 2...the player will be on your roster in week 3. After 5 PM on each Wednesday of the season, any player that has not been put up for bidding becomes a FA and can be signed to a 1 year contract at the minimum salary ($200K).

The rules state that you must PM a commish when you want to put up a player for bidding (waivers) & when you want to pick up a FA. We haven't PMed in the past. To make a waiver pickup you would just start a bidding thread like we've been doing. To pick up a FA after Wednesday at 5PM...you would just post the add in the "2009 Free Agency Thread" (and post a drop if necessary in the drops thread). A commish will calculate whatever cap hit/gain results from the drop.

I hope that helps a little, and like I said...dream will correct me if I'm wrong. Please post if you have more questions. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League