League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby da bears » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:44 pm

random question about signing FA's. If you have the winning bid on a player are you allowed to edit your post and adjust the year to year $$$ amounts as long as you keep the total $$$ amount the same?
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 11)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:38 am

da bears wrote:random question about signing FA's. If you have the winning bid on a player are you allowed to edit your post and adjust the year to year $$$ amounts as long as you keep the total $$$ amount the same?

I don't think this ever came up, but my 1st thought would be that once a valid bid is posted...it's in stone. I'll PM dream to get his thoughts. Anyone & everyone else feel free to post their thoughts as well. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:53 am

My thoughts would be to mimic what the NFL does as much as possible, and in this case I can't see the altering of a contract in such a manner.

Personally I don't care, it's not my roster.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:24 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
da bears wrote:random question about signing FA's. If you have the winning bid on a player are you allowed to edit your post and adjust the year to year $$$ amounts as long as you keep the total $$$ amount the same?

I don't think this ever came up, but my 1st thought would be that once a valid bid is posted...it's in stone. I'll PM dream to get his thoughts. Anyone & everyone else feel free to post their thoughts as well. ;-D

Same ;-D

The reasoning is:
your bid is basically considered an accepted contract negotiation with that player, then another owner/team has the opportunity to increase the amount. The latest accepted bid is set in stone
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby da bears » Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:14 am

dream_017 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Same ;-D

The reasoning is:
your bid is basically considered an accepted contract negotiation with that player, then another owner/team has the opportunity to increase the amount. The latest accepted bid is set in stone

That's fine by me, I had moved 1M from 2012 to 2011 in Hines Ward's contract but I just switched it back to the initial 2011 - 4M, 2012 - 2M from my original offer. Reasoning here makes sense to me as well.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:02 pm

Anyone interested in dealing their second-round pick in exchange for either current/future picks and/or role players on either side of the ball?

I traded my 2nd rounder last year and now have a few guys I'm targeting there, so let me know if you're interested in shuffling around/making various moves to make a deal like this happen ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:03 am

Didn't think I was going to have to pay $1.6M to get my homer-flyer pick in Whitehurst, but it's still a relatively small gamble at this point for a guy I can easily cut down the road if I have to :-? ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby da bears » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:32 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Didn't think I was going to have to pay $1.6M to get my homer-flyer pick in Whitehurst, but it's still a relatively small gamble at this point for a guy I can easily cut down the road if I have to :-? ;-)

I figured I wasn't going to win that one. He's certainly set up to be in a great situation though in the next couple of years, may turn out to be a real steal
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby dream_017 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:11 pm

Just a quick reminder that all contract must either increase or decrease or stay the same throughout the life of the contract
5.0/4.0/3.0 - good
5.0/5.0/3.0/2.0 - good
1.0/2.0/2.0/4.0 - good
2.0/2.5/3.0 - good
2.0/1.0/4.0 - bad
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Ha, didn't know that. Chances are I was an offender.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League