League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:27 pm

I think I might have been an offender here too (I didn't remember/didn't know about this) - I have slight problems with my contracts for Goldson and Whitehurst (I think Lewis, Williams, Walter and Gregg are all fine though) - what should I do? Can I restructure them to make sure they're equal, and/or do I need to tell you guys so you can edit the posts (since they're already locked)? :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:49 pm

dream_017 wrote:Just a quick reminder that all contract must either increase or decrease or stay the same throughout the life of the contract
5.0/4.0/3.0 - good
5.0/5.0/3.0/2.0 - good
1.0/2.0/2.0/4.0 - good
2.0/2.5/3.0 - good
2.0/1.0/4.0 - bad

WaCougMBS wrote:I think I might have been an offender here too (I didn't remember/didn't know about this) - I have slight problems with my contracts for Goldson and Whitehurst (I think Lewis, Williams, Walter and Gregg are all fine though) - what should I do? Can I restructure them to make sure they're equal, and/or do I need to tell you guys so you can edit the posts (since they're already locked)? :-?

That's my bad too. I forgot about that rule. :-/

Charlie Whitehurst - QB, SEA
Length of Contract - 5 years
Avg Yearly Salary - $1.6M
Total Salary - $8M
2010: $1.6M; 2011: $2.0M; 2012: $1.8M; 2013: $1.6M; 2014: $1M
NTC - No

For this one, we could just rearrange the 1st 3 years so it would be:

2010: $2.0M; 2011: $1.8M; 2012: $1.6M; 2013: $1.6M; 2014: $1M

Dashon Goldson - S, SFO
Avg Yearly Salary - $3.7M
Total Salary - $18.5M
2010: $3M; 2011: $3.9M; 2012: $3.9M; 2013: $3.9M; 2014: $3.8M
NTC - No

This one we could slide everything to the left & make 2014 $3M.

I'll have to ask dream what he thinks. Maybe we should just let you rearrange the salaries, but using the same values that you originally put in? I'll PM dream, and anyone & everyone else feel free to post their opinions on this. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:21 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
dream_017 wrote:Just a quick reminder that all contract must either increase or decrease or stay the same throughout the life of the contract
5.0/4.0/3.0 - good
5.0/5.0/3.0/2.0 - good
1.0/2.0/2.0/4.0 - good
2.0/2.5/3.0 - good
2.0/1.0/4.0 - bad

WaCougMBS wrote:I think I might have been an offender here too (I didn't remember/didn't know about this) - I have slight problems with my contracts for Goldson and Whitehurst (I think Lewis, Williams, Walter and Gregg are all fine though) - what should I do? Can I restructure them to make sure they're equal, and/or do I need to tell you guys so you can edit the posts (since they're already locked)? :-?

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Charlie Whitehurst - QB, SEA
Total Salary - $8M
NTC - No

This is more or less what I was thinking too - just switch the order around so the numbers descend ($2,M, 1.8, 1.6, 1.6, 1), but use the same yearly values and total contract amount I had chosen.

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Dashon Goldson - S, SFO
Total Salary - $18.5M
NTC - No

I'll have to ask dream what he thinks. Maybe we should just let you rearrange the salaries, but using the same values that you originally put in? I'll PM dream, and anyone & everyone else feel free to post their opinions on this. ;-D

For this one, I kind of wanted to back-weight the contract to save some space for this year, so I'd like to restructure it by just swapping the 2011 and 2014 numbers so it read $3M, 3.8, 3.9, 3.9, 3.9 - if everyone thinks it's better/more fair to fix it by putting the $3M at the end instead, I'll live with it, but I'd like to do it the first way I mentioned if possible.

Let me know what you think, and after we figure this out I'll need a new copy of the spreadsheet with all new contracts so I can figure out how much I have left, etc... ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:54 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
5.0/4.0/3.0 - good
5.0/5.0/3.0/2.0 - good
1.0/2.0/2.0/4.0 - good
2.0/2.5/3.0 - good
2.0/1.0/4.0 - bad

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Charlie Whitehurst - QB, SEA
Total Salary - $8M
NTC - No

This is more or less what I was thinking too - just switch the order around so the numbers descend ($2,M, 1.8, 1.6, 1.6, 1), but use the same yearly values and total contract amount I had chosen.

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Dashon Goldson - S, SFO
Total Salary - $18.5M
NTC - No

For this one, I kind of wanted to back-weight the contract to save some space for this year, so I'd like to restructure it by just swapping the 2011 and 2014 numbers so it read $3M, 3.8, 3.9, 3.9, 3.9 - if everyone thinks it's better/more fair to fix it by putting the $3M at the end instead, I'll live with it, but I'd like to do it the first way I mentioned if possible.

Let me know what you think, and after we figure this out I'll need a new copy of the spreadsheet with all new contracts so I can figure out how much I have left, etc... ;-D

FNJ wrote:Maybe we should just let you rearrange the salaries, but using the same values that you originally put in?

Dream sent me a PM & said that he agreed with this. I'm sure he'll post later if he didn't PM you already (or probably even if he did). ;-D

So for now, please let us know for each player "up" or "down"...salaries that you posted...increasing or decreasing throughout the contract. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:52 pm

FNJ wrote:Maybe we should just let you rearrange the salaries, but using the same values that you originally put in?

OK, sounds good ;-D

FNJ wrote:Dream sent me a PM & said that he agreed with this. I'm sure he'll post later if he didn't PM you already (or probably even if he did). ;-D

So for now, please let us know for each player "up" or "down"...salaries that you posted...increasing or decreasing throughout the contract. ;-D

Whitehurst = down ($2,M, $1.8M, $1.6M, $1.6M, $1M)

Goldson = up ($3M, $3.8M, $3.9M, $3.9M, $3.9M)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby dream_017 » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:00 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:

OK, sounds good ;-D

FNJ wrote:Dream sent me a PM & said that he agreed with this. I'm sure he'll post later if he didn't PM you already (or probably even if he did). ;-D

Whitehurst = down ($2,M, $1.8M, $1.6M, $1.6M, $1M)

Goldson = up ($3M, $3.8M, $3.9M, $3.9M, $3.9M)

Looks good ;-D

Like FNJ mentioned, just changing the listed values will work. I think we are all set now ;-D

As soon as I get the sheet updated I'll send you a new one
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:59 am

Question - I have a couple of D-linemen (Burgess and Maybin) who are showing up as LBs on my team/roster page, but are still listed both on the spreadsheet and in their player-specific pages on MFL as DL or DT. Is there a way to know for sure how these guys will be counted? If they are D-line, then I don't want anymore, but if not I will still be at least one short, so I'm trying to figure out which direction to go with my signings/etc...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:12 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Question - I have a couple of D-linemen (Burgess and Maybin) who are showing up as LBs on my team/roster page, but are still listed both on the spreadsheet and in their player-specific pages on MFL as DL or DT. Is there a way to know for sure how these guys will be counted? If they are D-line, then I don't want anymore, but if not I will still be at least one short, so I'm trying to figure out which direction to go with my signings/etc...

The way we've been treating hybrid IDP's is, whatever they are on MFL is what they can be used as. Looks like both are listed as LB on MFL. On the FBG depth charts, Maybin is listed as a LB. Burgess is listed as a LB but it says (DE) next to his name. Things could change on MFL. Every year they have a few players on the fence. I'd play it safe though & probably try to add 1 more DL. ;-D

EDIT: I had the same thing happen with Andre Carter. FBG has him as a LB though. :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:53 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Question - I have a couple of D-linemen (Burgess and Maybin) who are showing up as LBs on my team/roster page, but are still listed both on the spreadsheet and in their player-specific pages on MFL as DL or DT. Is there a way to know for sure how these guys will be counted? If they are D-line, then I don't want anymore, but if not I will still be at least one short, so I'm trying to figure out which direction to go with my signings/etc...

The way we've been treating hybrid IDP's is, whatever they are on MFL is what they can be used as. Looks like both are listed as LB on MFL. On the FBG depth charts, Maybin is listed as a LB. Burgess is listed as a LB but it says (DE) next to his name. Things could change on MFL. Every year they have a few players on the fence. I'd play it safe though & probably try to add 1 more DL. ;-D

EDIT: I had the same thing happen with Andre Carter. FBG has him as a LB though. :-?

Agreed, we go with what is on MFL. Usually I don't update the spreadsheet for specific position changes unless it becomes necessary for me(or if someone asks nicely :-b ).
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:14 am

To anyone looking to move up or down in the draft's first round and change: I am looking to either move up 2-8 spots in Round 1 (I have 1.09) of the rookie draft, or I'd also be open to some deals involving later 1st-Rounders and/or second rounders/future picks, so feel free to shoot me any and all deals that cross your minds.

I had thrown this out there earlier in the proceedings, but it was probably too early, so I'm hoping to hear back now from a few interested parties before the draft starts Monday. Feel free to shoot me a PM and I'll happily entertain any (reasonable) offers ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League