League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:47 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Do players NTC disappear when they are traded?

rules wrote:After the trade, the player’s salary will remain what it was after to the NTC was attached.

I think the word "to" shouldn't be there so:

rule wrote:After the trade, the player’s salary will remain what it was after the NTC was attached.

So from this, I'm pretty sure the NTC carries over. dream will confirm. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:50 pm

dream_017 wrote:I will have limited access this weekend and no access Monday and Tuesday. The draft shoul dfinish by then and I'll update spreadsheets and the MFL site mid to late next week.

If you happen to get access today could you send me the current spreadsheet (whatever stage it is in doesn't matter). And can I also request it once you finish updating it?

adowler37 at gmail dot com

Also as a suggestion, ever thought about putting the spreadsheet on google docs under the view but not modify setting? This would save you time probably and allow everyone to access the most up-to-date spreedsheet at any time
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:36 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Also as a suggestion, ever thought about putting the spreadsheet on google docs under the view but not modify setting? This would save you time probably and allow everyone to access the most up-to-date spreedsheet at any time

I've wondered about this too, but always forgotten to bring it up - would probably save the mods A LOT of time customizing individual sheets and sending them out every time one of us requests them, right? :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:48 am

And...we're...done! ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:48 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Also as a suggestion, ever thought about putting the spreadsheet on google docs under the view but not modify setting? This would save you time probably and allow everyone to access the most up-to-date spreedsheet at any time

I've wondered about this too, but always forgotten to bring it up - would probably save the mods A LOT of time customizing individual sheets and sending them out every time one of us requests them, right? :-?

Not a lot of time to create the individual sheets at all. Just aquick copy/paste ;-D

I will work on setting it up for you guys to view via google documents ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:49 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Do players NTC disappear when they are traded?

rules wrote:After the trade, the player’s salary will remain what it was after to the NTC was attached.

I think the word "to" shouldn't be there so:

rule wrote:After the trade, the player’s salary will remain what it was after the NTC was attached.

So from this, I'm pretty sure the NTC carries over. dream will confirm. ;-D

confirmed...the NTC remains after the trade ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:13 pm

OK guys, so I have a bit of a complaint to lodge here. I know we had talked about moving to a 48-hour timer for the future FA pickups, but I think that should have applied to some of the FA rookies that were IMMEDIATELY (relatively speaking) posted after the draft completed and were won under the league members' radars, at least in some of our cases. Whether or not you were interested in said players doesn't really matter here IMO, but whether you noticed, etc.

If I'm way off base or the majority determines there's nothing that can be done until next year, then so be it, but I still feel like there should be a conversation :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:27 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:OK guys, so I have a bit of a complaint to lodge here. I know we had talked about moving to a 48-hour timer for the future FA pickups, but I think that should have applied to some of the FA rookies that were IMMEDIATELY (relatively speaking) posted after the draft completed and were won under the league members' radars, at least in some of our cases. Whether or not you were interested in said players doesn't really matter here IMO, but whether you noticed, etc.

If I'm way off base or the majority determines there's nothing that can be done until next year, then so be it, but I still feel like there should be a conversation :-?

I am going to be putting it up for a vote soon ;-D

Based on current rules I think we are out of luck for this year (I know I've missed a few because of it :,-( )
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:32 pm

Yeah...I noticed them but didn't have time to figure out where I was in terms of cap and rookies ro figure out if I could bid, and what type of contract I can give...it was of course no fault but my own, but the 48 hour timer I think is a must.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:54 pm

I really think there should be a freeze and a restart on all guys picked up since the draft was over, so I'd love to see a vote/hear more input (and I hope people can be honest and fair about their thoughts and not just vote based on how it affects them in the short term) :-?

I know that almost every rule change/"constitutional amendment" comes as a result of something in the past that can be bettered for the future, but I think this kind of opportunistic gamesmanship should be squelched now (and if not now, by a league vote, then in the future for sure) ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League