League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:14 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:A couple of questions cause I'm always hazy on this stuff at the beginning of the year:

1) Waivers run from the time a given player's game starts until Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET (but can run over on an individual basis if "winning" bid hasn't been active for at least 24 hours)

2) Does FA start right after that? If so, that means the first-come, first-served picks can be posted starting at 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday, correct?

Dream will confirm, but it looks like you have things right. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:05 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:A couple of questions cause I'm always hazy on this stuff at the beginning of the year:

1) Waivers run from the time a given player's game starts until Wednesday at 5 p.m. ET (but can run over on an individual basis if "winning" bid hasn't been active for at least 24 hours)

2) Does FA start right after that? If so, that means the first-come, first-served picks can be posted starting at 5 p.m. ET on Wednesday, correct?

Correct ;-D

Starting at 5:00 ET on Wednesday any player picked up is a FA and signed to a 1 yr, $200K deal.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby terpfan » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:42 pm

dream_017 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Correct ;-D

Starting at 5:00 ET on Wednesday any player picked up is a FA and signed to a 1 yr, $200K deal.

So is there going to be a thread for this then? (that's how it worked in the past isn't it?)
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:13 pm

Say I cut a player now. Do I get money or lose money...cause apparently I planned out my money poorly and I don't completly understand how our league works...

For instance...If I were to cut:
LB - Sean Lee, DAL
Length of Contract: 1 year
Avg Yearly Salary: $.2M
Total Salary: $.2M
2010: $.2M
NTC: No

and

Anthony Gonzalez - WR, IND
Round Drafted: 1(R) - 2007
Contract Length: 5
Average Yearly Salary: 4.20
Total Contract Amount: 21.00
3.00 - 4.00 - 4.50 - 4.50 - 5.00

Would I have more money or how does it work...I typcially just cut people and not worry but Im treding awfully close to the cap right now...
No Trade Clause: No
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:12 pm

terpfan wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Correct ;-D

So is there going to be a thread for this then? (that's how it worked in the past isn't it?)

Yes, that is correct and it will be available shortly for the 5:00 starting time ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:15 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Say I cut a player now. Do I get money or lose money...cause apparently I planned out my money poorly and I don't completly understand how our league works...

For instance...If I were to cut:
LB - Sean Lee, DAL
Length of Contract: 1 year
Avg Yearly Salary: $.2M
Total Salary: $.2M
2010: $.2M
NTC: No

and

Anthony Gonzalez - WR, IND
Round Drafted: 1(R) - 2007
Contract Length: 5
Average Yearly Salary: 4.20
Total Contract Amount: 21.00
3.00 - 4.00 - 4.50 - 4.50 - 5.00

Would I have more money or how does it work...I typcially just cut people and not worry but Im treding awfully close to the cap right now...
No Trade Clause: No

You would get a little back for Lee:
Initial Contract Added to Cap: $200,000
Amount Actually Paid to Player: $165,385
Gain/Loss Upon Cutting Player: $34,615
and for Gonzalez you would get:
Initial Contract Added to Cap: $4,500,000
Amount Actually Paid to Player: $4,096,154
Gain/Loss Upon Cutting Player: $403,846
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby terpfan » Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:03 pm

I was sooooo close to picking Torain up as a free agent last week. Stupid. Stupid.

By the way, just a crazy idea I had. Would anyone be against in the future making 2 DL, 4 LB, 3 DB an acceptable defense? (or any other combination that only requires 2 DLs) Its kinda weird that you are forced to play 3 DL, probably the lowest scoring of the three, when you have the option of only playing 1 at LB or DB. Call it the 46 defense or something if you want.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:17 am

terpfan wrote:I was sooooo close to picking Torain up as a free agent last week. Stupid. Stupid.

By the way, just a crazy idea I had. Would anyone be against in the future making 2 DL, 4 LB, 3 DB an acceptable defense? (or any other combination that only requires 2 DLs) Its kinda weird that you are forced to play 3 DL, probably the lowest scoring of the three, when you have the option of only playing 1 at LB or DB. Call it the 46 defense or something if you want.

I see no problem putting that to a vote ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:36 am

Any chance we could see an updated spreedsheet soon, Lee and Gonzo were both cut by me and im interested in my cap figure.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:53 pm

Just giving notice to the commissioners that I moved Morgan Burnett - DB, GB to injured reserve, as he was placed on injured reserve by the Packers today.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=5708
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League