League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby logan » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:38 am

Can I get about 6 more IR spots please? This year has been a disaster.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:13 am

Good season everyone. Ill be alot more competitive next year. Good luck to all playoff teams ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:28 am

Congratulations to the 6 playoff teams:
1 - Senators
2 - Outlaws
3 - Dodgers
4 - Ambassadors
5 - Cougars
6 - Panthers

Here are the first six spots in the 2011 rookie draft:
1.01 - Lumbermen
1.02 - WildCutler
1.03 - Crush
1.04 - Bulldogs
1.05 - Breck
1.06 - Aviators
1.07 - TBD
1.08 - TBD
1.09 - TBD
1.10 - TBD
1.11 - TBD
1.12 - TBD
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby logan » Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:11 pm

Congrats to those that made the playoffs. ;-D Thought this was gonna be a much better year for my team but the injury bug hit hard and everyone else just sorta sucked.
logan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:06 pm

So, does the third division winner get the defacto third seed? And the division winner with the second best record automatically gets the second bye? If that's the case, then the bracket makes sense (though I don't think I agree, since it should really go to the second best team with all ties broken by total points for and/or head to head record (in the case of a 2-team tie).

I guess I could live with the third division winner getting the third seed over the non-winner with a better record, but it really shouldn't factor into the byes, thus messing everything else up. I just don't think that a three division format should be used if the winners get this kind of "help" - maybe we could move to two 6-team divisions if that's the case and then just give the byes to the division winners with seeds 3-6 going to the next four best records?

So basically, not happy that I have to try to avenge last year's loss in the final to Steelers, and also just wanting to make sure things have been inputted properly in concordance with the current rules/way we have done them in the past, with the caveat that I'd like to vote on changing this in the offseason if that's the case.

P.S. this is nothing personal to Steelers or anyone else, it just looks to me like the seeds should be this way (regardless of division winners, etc.):

1. Terp
2. Steelers
3. mattb
4. Cougs
5. FNJ
6. Dream
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:25 pm

The official rules don't say anything on the matter, so I would assume that we've automatically defaulted, both this year and in past years, to the way the NFL does the playoffs. We'll just have to wait until the off-season to discuss potential changes.

Not that I would necessarily complain about getting a bye week. :-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby dream_017 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:04 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:The official rules don't say anything on the matter, so I would assume that we've automatically defaulted, both this year and in past years, to the way the NFL does the playoffs. We'll just have to wait until the off-season to discuss potential changes.

Not that I would necessarily complain about getting a bye week. :-D

Correct ;-D We have defaulted to the NFL playoff system. 3 division winners get the top 3 seeds; then 3 wild card teams
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Toltec » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 am

Congrats
Last edited by Toltec on Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:20 am

Thanks a lot Crabtree, Maclin, Charles and Co.! As a result of your shitty performance I get another early exit from the playoffs, and to make matters worse, I lose to steelers AGAIN (nice job man ;-D )?

What an unfair world this is - choke away the bye in a heads-up matchup in Week 13 where I "controlled my own destiny" and then lay a series of eggs in soft matchups to finish off the job. Oh well, I guess there's always next year, eh? Eventually I'll get some WRs who score more than 2 ppg when I need them, and in the meantime I'll just keep losing to steelers (twice in the first round now and also in last year's final) :,-( :~( !+)

Here's to Ray Lewis returning two INTs for TDs, tallying about 8 tackles and accidentally tearing Terrell Suggs' ACL on the game's first play :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:53 am

Out of curiosity, is there a reason that the winner of the 5-4 matchup is playing the 2 seed and the winner of the 3-6 matchup is playing the 1 seed?
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League