League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:12 am

steelerfan513 wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a reason that the winner of the 5-4 matchup is playing the 2 seed and the winner of the 3-6 matchup is playing the 1 seed?

I'll send this in a PM for dream to confirm, but I think we need to manually reseed for this week. I looked back at 2008 and 2009, and the 1 seed played the lowest seed in the 2nd week of the playoffs each year. I'll send this to dream right now. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:29 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a reason that the winner of the 5-4 matchup is playing the 2 seed and the winner of the 3-6 matchup is playing the 1 seed?

I'll send this in a PM for dream to confirm, but I think we need to manually reseed for this week. I looked back at 2008 and 2009, and the 1 seed played the lowest seed in the 2nd week of the playoffs each year. I'll send this to dream right now. ;-D

Here's dreams PM:

dream_017 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Hey Mike. Good game bro...sorry Rodgers went down though. :,-( :-/

Do we need to manually reseed for this week? steelers asked this question below. I went back and looked at 2008 and 2009, and the 1 seed played the lowest seed in week 2 of the playoffs each year. Please let me/us know as soon as you have a chance. Thanks! ;-D

Subject: League Discussion

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Yes, we need to manually re-seed. Rodgers(the Lions) screwed me in a couple of leagues. Good game though - I had an up and down year, my team looks good/great some weeks, then lays an egg other weeks.

I took care of this on MFL...good catch steelers. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:37 pm

Just brutal...VJax on my bench. :~( :~(

I suck. :-t

flotsamnjetsam

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:51 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Just brutal...VJax on my bench. :~( :~(

Ouch! At least you're still in it though !+) :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:53 am

Now that's what I love to see! :-b

It's alright though flots, I had to watch my team go nuts last week when I was playing no one which was somewhat hard to see wasted on a bye week. :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:50 pm

mattb47 wrote:

Now that's what I love to see! :-b

It's alright though flots, I had to watch my team go nuts last week when I was playing no one which was somewhat hard to see wasted on a bye week. :-b

Been there. I never get mad at myself for leaving points on the bench if I never even thought about starting the guy, but I thought about starting VJax. I never really trash talk in my leagues so I figured I would trash talk myself. :-b :-B

flotsamnjetsam

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:36 pm

Question: How do we differentiate between 5th and 6th places when it comes to draft position for next season? It doesn't look like there's an official matchup, but is there one "off the books" or is there some sort of other factor that determines who "wins" the higher draft pick next season? :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:57 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Question: How do we differentiate between 5th and 6th places when it comes to draft position for next season? It doesn't look like there's an official matchup, but is there one "off the books" or is there some sort of other factor that determines who "wins" the higher draft pick next season? :-?

I'm pretty sure (dream will confirm) that it reverts back to the standings at the end of the regular season when determining 5th & 6th place and 3rd & 4th place after this week. So if I'm right, you would be in 5th place (5 seed) over dream (6 seed). ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby dream_017 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:45 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Question: How do we differentiate between 5th and 6th places when it comes to draft position for next season? It doesn't look like there's an official matchup, but is there one "off the books" or is there some sort of other factor that determines who "wins" the higher draft pick next season? :-?

I'm pretty sure (dream will confirm) that it reverts back to the standings at the end of the regular season when determining 5th & 6th place and 3rd & 4th place after this week. So if I'm right, you would be in 5th place (5 seed) over dream (6 seed). ;-D

Correct, 3/4 and 5/6 are determined based on end of regular season standings ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 55)

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:03 pm

So we're going to have a new champ this year, eh? Not sure if that makes me feel better or worse. I was getting comfortable being steelers' head bridesmaid :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League