Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 16, 2011 1:36 am

Toltec wrote:So...

Working on it! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby dream_017 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:20 am

OK - first thing is to get the re-signed players and then designate your anti-franchise player(if any)

Next will be to open free agency bidding blitz and the rookie draft ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby Toltec » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:14 pm

Remember, I will be gone August 7-16 with no internet access to speak of. If I am going to miss out on any FA bidding...
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic

Postby dream_017 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:37 am

Please note that there is a new link for the 2011 season on MFL - http://www4.myfantasyleague.com/2011/home/22851#0.

I will try to have the 2011 salaries added to the site today.

For the record - any player that has a contract year greater than the total years is a player that will become a free agent - unless you are going to re-sign that player(see the re-signing thread)
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:46 pm

Toltec wrote:Remember, I will be gone August 7-16 with no internet access to speak of. If I am going to miss out on any FA bidding...

Just to clarify this publicly, it's looking like we're going to wait until the 16th to start FA bidding and the rookie draft. The combination of Toltec being out of town and mattb47 being COMPLETELY absent from the known face of the planet makes this the best decision as we'll still have a tad over 3 weeks left to handle everything, which should be just fine as long as everyone stays on board and keeps it moving at that point ...

In the meantime, keep those cuts and AFT selections flowing and feel free to trade away, etc. ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:00 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Toltec wrote:Remember, I will be gone August 7-16 with no internet access to speak of. If I am going to miss out on any FA bidding...

Just to clarify this publicly, it's looking like we're going to wait until the 16th to start FA bidding and the rookie draft. The combination of Toltec being out of town and mattb47 being COMPLETELY absent from the known face of the planet makes this the best decision as we'll still have a tad over 3 weeks left to handle everything, which should be just fine as long as everyone stays on board and keeps it moving at that point ...

In the meantime, keep those cuts and AFT selections flowing and feel free to trade away, etc. ;-D

Yeah, this is the way we were leaning. We have an idea/plan on how to deal with Matt, but with Toltec not having internet access, it wouldn't be fair to start our version of the NFL FA frenzy without everyone involved. Any chance that you might have internet access Toltec? From your post, it seemed like you weren't 100% sure.

One other thing that we could do is to start getting the contracts in for players that are getting re-signed. I'll PM SW about how that works for his re-signing of MJD. I'll send the same PM to Ron if he decides to re-sign someone. And as always, feel free to post and/or PM myself, dream, and/or WaCoug if you have any questions. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby SeaWolf » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:10 pm

I am leaving for my last camping trip of the summer either Aug 29, 30, or the 31st. I will be returning on Sunday Sept 4th. Since I'm the noob don't wait for me, I'll get someone to finish up my draft, if we are not done.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Toltec » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:14 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

Yeah, this is the way we were leaning. We have an idea/plan on how to deal with Matt, but with Toltec not having internet access, it wouldn't be fair to start our version of the NFL FA frenzy without everyone involved. Any chance that you might have internet access Toltec? From your post, it seemed like you weren't 100% sure.

One other thing that we could do is to start getting the contracts in for players that are getting re-signed. I'll PM SW about how that works for his re-signing of MJD. I'll send the same PM to Ron if he decides to re-sign someone. And as always, feel free to post and/or PM myself, dream, and/or WaCoug if you have any questions. ;-D

I may have limited access, but as of right now it appears to be a complete blackout. As of now I am trying to get a laptop for the trip so I can at least snipe wi-fi from a coffee shop or something.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:17 pm

SeaWolf wrote:I am leaving for my last camping trip of the summer either Aug 29, 30, or the 31st. I will be returning on Sunday Sept 4th. Since I'm the noob don't wait for me, I'll get someone to finish up my draft, if we are not done.

Thanks for letting us know man! With almost 2 weeks between Toltec's return/our latest starting date, I think you'll get more than enough FA out of the way and be 2-3 rounds deep in the rookie draft with no problems. Keep us in the loop, but you should be on pretty safe ground IMO ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League