League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:56 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:I am leaving for my last camping trip of the summer either Aug 29, 30, or the 31st. I will be returning on Sunday Sept 4th. Since I'm the noob don't wait for me, I'll get someone to finish up my draft, if we are not done.

Thanks for letting us know man! With almost 2 weeks between Toltec's return/our latest starting date, I think you'll get more than enough FA out of the way and be 2-3 rounds deep in the rookie draft with no problems. Keep us in the loop, but you should be on pretty safe ground IMO ;-D

;-D

Also, because of our time constraints, we'll probably have 24 hours on winning bids for the FA auctions instead of the 48 hours (rule change supposed to start this year). ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:24 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:I am leaving for my last camping trip of the summer either Aug 29, 30, or the 31st. I will be returning on Sunday Sept 4th. Since I'm the noob don't wait for me, I'll get someone to finish up my draft, if we are not done.

Thanks for letting us know man! With almost 2 weeks between Toltec's return/our latest starting date, I think you'll get more than enough FA out of the way and be 2-3 rounds deep in the rookie draft with no problems. Keep us in the loop, but you should be on pretty safe ground IMO ;-D

;-D

Also, because of our time constraints, we'll probably have 24 hours on winning bids for the FA auctions instead of the 48 hours (rule change supposed to start this year). ;-D

There's always 2012 ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Toltec » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:45 pm

I think 48 hours still works. Last year we killed the bulk of free agency in 2 weeks or so. I think with a time constraint we will manage.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:56 pm

Toltec wrote:I think 48 hours still works. Last year we killed the bulk of free agency in 2 weeks or so. I think with a time constraint we will manage.

We'll see...it hasn't been officially decided. ;-D

Toltec wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:Tonawanda Lumbermen trade:
2012 2nd, 2012 3rd, 3.1

Dayton Aviators: trade:
Marshawn Lynch
Santonio Holmes
Jermaine Gresham
Devin Thomas

Agreed.

8-o

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 4:46 pm

thoughts flots?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm

aaawall91 wrote:thoughts flots?

Just thought you could've gotten more for those players. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:12 pm

Got to factor in I basically (hidden value if you will) paid him to take Thomas off my hands
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:19 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Got to factor in I basically (hidden value if you will) paid him to take Thomas off my hands

Yeah, I knew that factored in for sure. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:19 pm

Probably could of got more, hard to gauge in this league, I was more than happy.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:06 am

aaawall91 wrote:Probably could of got more, hard to gauge in this league, I was more than happy.

And that's all that matters! And you're right...there's a trade off for the salary cap implications. I was just posting my 1st thoughts (with the emoticon) when I saw the trade. It's not that I think it's uneven, I just thought you traded some pretty good players, and I was surprised you did get a 1st in there. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League