League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:18 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Mark Anderson and Micheal Johnson got switched in this spreadsheet. Not sure if it's just the names or what, pretty sure it was correct when I checked it the other day on the spreadsheet.

The contracts are correct - the positions are incorrect when compared to MFL.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:53 pm

Hey Ron...did you send a PM to FantasyMan13 to let him know that he's up in the rookie draft? If not, I just sent him a PM. Everyone please remember to PM the next person after you make a pick. Thanks! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Sorry guys, working on a deal to trade my current pick. If no deal is reached by tomorrow morning/early afternoon, I'll just pick.

On a side note, are we really gonna try to get this done by the start of the season? I think it would be better if we tried to start week 2 or 3, because I just don't see how it's gonna get done in 20 days. Just my 2 cents...
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:19 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:Sorry guys, working on a deal to trade my current pick. If no deal is reached by tomorrow morning/early afternoon, I'll just pick.

On a side note, are we really gonna try to get this done by the start of the season? I think it would be better if we tried to start week 2 or 3, because I just don't see how it's gonna get done in 20 days. Just my 2 cents...

I think we'll be just fine for the start of the season. Taking more than your 24 hours to try and make a deal isn't helping! :-? :-B

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:25 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:Sorry guys, working on a deal to trade my current pick. If no deal is reached by tomorrow morning/early afternoon, I'll just pick.

I think we'll be just fine for the start of the season. Taking more than your 24 hours to try and make a deal isn't helping! :-? :-B

Eh, it's not the draft Im worried about...

I just don't think it's reasonable to finish free agency so quickly, but I could be wrong...
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Toltec » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:33 am

FantasyMan13 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Eh, it's not the draft Im worried about...

I just don't think it's reasonable to finish free agency so quickly, but I could be wrong...

Can't finish until we start...
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:54 am

Got home late and am posting this from my iPhone before I pass out - 1.08 is on the block until I wake up in the morning and have a chance to look things over, etc. Would be interested in any/all offers involving a move back, current players (including recent draftees) and future picks ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Just a few things to remember regarding the FA auctions.

Our roster limit is 35 (plus we have 2 IR spots). No owner can have winning bids on players that will put them over the roster limit. So if you currently have 30 players on your roster, you can't have 6 winning bids out there. Also, keep in mind that once a rookie is drafted, they are on your roster and you must give them a contract. So leave enough room to be able to sign your rookies.

This is very difficult for us to track, but as in all auctions, an owner can't have outstanding winning bids that would put them over the salary cap.

Sometimes an owner will put up a bid that ends up in an illegal contract. Maybe the owner did the math wrong, or maybe they forgot that all salaries must either decrease or increase throughout the length of the contract (obviously the salaries can stay the same throughout). dream, WaCoug, and myself will do our best to point out any illegal contracts so the owner can fix it. All owners feel free to do the same if you see an illegal contract. If an illegal contract is not fixed, the winning bid falls back to the next highest legal contract.

I think that it's for now. Good luck everyone! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:00 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Just a few things to remember regarding the FA auctions.

Our roster limit is 35 (plus we have 2 IR spots). No owner can have winning bids on players that will put them over the roster limit. So if you currently have 30 players on your roster, you can't have 6 winning bids out there. Also, keep in mind that once a rookie is drafted, they are on your roster and you must give them a contract. So leave enough room to be able to sign your rookies.

Wait so we don't have any sort of offseason expanded roster? I swear we did in the past (it still says we do in the rules) but maybe that changed and I just missed it.

Also, for the players we "re-signed" - is that just for one season?

Thanks.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:30 pm

terpfan wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Just a few things to remember regarding the FA auctions.

Wait so we don't have any sort of offseason expanded roster? I swear we did in the past (it still says we do in the rules) but maybe that changed and I just missed it.

Also, for the players we "re-signed" - is that just for one season?

Thanks.

I could be wrong about the roster limit not expanding. I think in the past we didn't allow an expanded roster for the FA auctions, but then after the FA auctions is when we normally would have our rookie draft, and we might have allowed an expanded roster for that. I was just thinking in terms of normal auctions, so let's ask dream what he thinks. I think it makes sense to have everyone stay under the limit during the FA auctions...I mean if an owner went over the roster limit, they'd just have to end up dropping players later anyway. Let's see what dream says. :-?

This I'm sure about. For the players "re-signed", they can be re-signed for between 1-5 years. The only time a contract is only for 1 season is during the season for the weekly FA's. During the season, any player not put up for auction before Wednesday at 5PM EST (99.99% sure that time & day is right) can be added as a FA, but they can only be signed for 1 year at the minimum ($200K). ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League