League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:50 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
terpfan wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Just a few things to remember regarding the FA auctions.

Our roster limit is 35 (plus we have 2 IR spots). No owner can have winning bids on players that will put them over the roster limit. So if you currently have 30 players on your roster, you can't have 6 winning bids out there. Also, keep in mind that once a rookie is drafted, they are on your roster and you must give them a contract. So leave enough room to be able to sign your rookies.

Wait so we don't have any sort of offseason expanded roster? I swear we did in the past (it still says we do in the rules) but maybe that changed and I just missed it.

Also, for the players we "re-signed" - is that just for one season?

Thanks.

I could be wrong about the roster limit not expanding. I think in the past we didn't allow an expanded roster for the FA auctions, but then after the FA auctions is when we normally would have our rookie draft, and we might have allowed an expanded roster for that. I was just thinking in terms of normal auctions, so let's ask dream what he thinks. I think it makes sense to have everyone stay under the limit during the FA auctions...I mean if an owner went over the roster limit, they'd just have to end up dropping players later anyway. Let's see what dream says. :-?

This I'm sure about. For the players "re-signed", they can be re-signed for between 1-5 years. The only time a contract is only for 1 season is during the season for the weekly FA's. During the season, any player not put up for auction before Wednesday at 5PM EST (99.99% sure that time & day is right) can be added as a FA, but they can only be signed for 1 year at the minimum ($200K). ;-D

I was pressed for time earlier, so I took a closer look at the rules:

rules wrote:During the offseason Rosters will temporarily expand from 35 players to 40 players, mainly to allow for the inclusion of drafted rookies. Teams will then have until a pre-determined date (August 27th, 2010 for the '10 season) to "cut down" to 35 players again.

From the rules, it looks like we allow the roster to expand from 35 to 40 for the rookie draft, but not during the FA auctions which are normally held before the rookie draft. I think we should have everyone stay under 35 during the FA auctions, not including the rookies. So rosters should stay at or below 35 vets, but rosters will still be allowed to expand to 40 for the drafted rookies. This way we're doing it pretty much the same as we normally do. Thoughts? :-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:15 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
terpfan wrote:Wait so we don't have any sort of offseason expanded roster? I swear we did in the past (it still says we do in the rules) but maybe that changed and I just missed it.

Also, for the players we "re-signed" - is that just for one season?

Thanks.

I could be wrong about the roster limit not expanding. I think in the past we didn't allow an expanded roster for the FA auctions, but then after the FA auctions is when we normally would have our rookie draft, and we might have allowed an expanded roster for that. I was just thinking in terms of normal auctions, so let's ask dream what he thinks. I think it makes sense to have everyone stay under the limit during the FA auctions...I mean if an owner went over the roster limit, they'd just have to end up dropping players later anyway. Let's see what dream says. :-?

This I'm sure about. For the players "re-signed", they can be re-signed for between 1-5 years. The only time a contract is only for 1 season is during the season for the weekly FA's. During the season, any player not put up for auction before Wednesday at 5PM EST (99.99% sure that time & day is right) can be added as a FA, but they can only be signed for 1 year at the minimum ($200K). ;-D

rules wrote:During the offseason Rosters will temporarily expand from 35 players to 40 players, mainly to allow for the inclusion of drafted rookies. Teams will then have until a pre-determined date (August 27th, 2010 for the '10 season) to "cut down" to 35 players again.

From the rules, it looks like we allow the roster to expand from 35 to 40 for the rookie draft, but not during the FA auctions which are normally held before the rookie draft. I think we should have everyone stay under 35 during the FA auctions, not including the rookies. So rosters should stay at or below 35 vets, but rosters will still be allowed to expand to 40 for the drafted rookies. This way we're doing it pretty much the same as we normally do. Thoughts? :-?

I could be wrong, but that's really not how I remember it. Doesn't really make sense that we would have set it up that way since most teams will only have 4 draft picks. Why expand by 5 roster slots?

It's not really a HUGE deal to me, I was just confused. If people are OK with a 35 vet limit that's fine with me. ;-D

Oh and when/where do we designate how long we want the contracts to be for our re-signings? No one was posting years in that thread which is why I asked the question in the first place.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Toltec » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:26 pm

Years go in the resigning thread. There is a % increase based on total number of years to be added to total salary. Make sure you check out the salary section detailed in the rules.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:34 pm

Toltec wrote:Years go in the resigning thread. There is a % increase based on total number of years to be added to total salary. Make sure you check out the salary section detailed in the rules.

It appears to be locked now?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Toltec » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:36 pm

A new one will likely be made or the old one unlocked I am sure. Or just create your own.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:39 pm

terpfan wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

I could be wrong, but that's really not how I remember it. Doesn't really make sense that we would have set it up that way since most teams will only have 4 draft picks. Why expand by 5 roster slots?

It's not really a HUGE deal to me, I was just confused. If people are OK with a 35 vet limit that's fine with me. ;-D

Oh and when/where do we designate how long we want the contracts to be for our re-signings? No one was posting years in that thread which is why I asked the question in the first place.

You were 100% correct. ;-D I think 40 is just an arbitrary number that was put into the rules, because you are right, most owners will only need their rosters expanded by their 4 draft picks. But if an owner has 5 or more draft picks, their roster would still be allowed to expand to include their drafted rookies. So I know it says "35 to 40", but it's really 35 to however many draft picks an owner has. That's why I think we should have a 35 vet limit when it comes to the FA auctions. In the past, we've held our FA auctions before the rookie draft, and no owner was allowed to have more than 35 vets before the rookie draft started. ;-D

Contracts for players that are re-signed will go in the "2011 Re-signing thread/rookie contracts" thread. I think that thread is locked for now because:

The deadline for re-signing a player is TBD.

Most will wait until closer to the deadline, but you can post the players you would like to re-sign in this thread. Contracts will be due after the draft, but if they are listed here then they must be signed to a contract.

So it looks like that thread will be unlocked after the rookie draft ends. I guess we could unlock that thread if people want to start posting their contracts for their re-signed players and/or rookies. Any reason why we have that thread locked dream? :-?

Toltec wrote:Years go in the resigning thread. There is a % increase based on total number of years to be added to total salary. Make sure you check out the salary section detailed in the rules.

This is correct, but the % increase based on total number of years is only for the rookie contracts, not the re-signed vets. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby dream_017 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:29 pm

Answers:
Re-signing will go in the thread - I only locked it once everyone had their players in so I could make all the updates - we can unlock it and you can post them at any time ;-D

Re-signed players is correct as listed by FNJ - 1-5 years and only rookies are subject to the % increase

Expended roster was initially to 40(or number of rookies drafted) - whichever is higher. I don't really have a problem opening it up to any number, because you need to cut those players to get to 35 - which will cost you cap space if you go too high(sign too many players).
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:45 pm

Gotcha, I didnt see the line about contracts being due after the draft. I wasnt in any rush, just curious.

Also in the rules it does say the roster expands "mainly" for the inclusion of drafted rookies. Which implies the extra players don't HAVE to be rookies. ;-)

Although either way, I don't see myself going over 35+rookies anyway. So not a big deal really.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:22 pm

Nevermind, just realized my brilliant idea is already in place... :-)

dream, Terrell Thomas is highlighted as "Expired Contract" on the docs. I re-signed him (I'm sure just a typo, just dont wanna lose him).

BTW, nice new banner. itll look real nice once ADP leads me to 5 titles in a row ;-D ;-D ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:22 am

What is the minimum the total value of the contract can be raised by? $50K?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League