League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby terpfan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:53 am

Yeah I personally had no idea NTC was an option for regular free agents, so I'd have no problem with that going away.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby FantasyMan13 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Hey guys, Ill make my pick when I get back in a few hours.. ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby SeaWolf » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:19 am

Just a reminder I leave for my last camping trip of the summer on Sunday morning. With your approval I would like thriftyrocker to make my draft pick(s) while I'm gone. I hope my 2.09 pick is done by then, if not he will have instructions on who/what to do for that pick as well as my 4.07 & 4.09 picks.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:25 am

SeaWolf wrote:Just a reminder I leave for my last camping trip of the summer on Sunday morning. With your approval I would like thriftyrocker to make my draft pick(s) while I'm gone. I hope my 2.09 pick is done by then, if not he will have instructions on who/what to do for that pick as well as my 4.07 & 4.09 picks.

Sounds good ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:10 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Are we going to address this too? Or are we not allowed to use the NTC? I just bid on 2 players (Bishop & Ward) that had winning bids using the NTC, but maybe we should restart the bidding on them also (like I mentioned about Bradshaw in the poll thread). Thoughts?

I think the NTC should be re-done as I believe that they are actually illegal 8-o As for the backload - it is currently under the rules as not illegal, so I think it is OK

So are you saying we should restart the bidding on Bishop & Ward? I think we should only because the bidding might not have gotten this high without owners using the NTC on some bids.

All three have been locked and restarted ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby terpfan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:31 am

Hey so I'm not sure where to put this but the last bid in the John Abraham thread is illegal (the contract is technically fine but it's not more than the bid I had in before it...)

The 24 hours would have run up earlier this morning. How does that work?
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:55 am

terpfan wrote:Hey so I'm not sure where to put this but the last bid in the John Abraham thread is illegal (the contract is technically fine but it's not more than the bid I had in before it...)

I'll take a look
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:00 am

dream_017 wrote:
terpfan wrote:Hey so I'm not sure where to put this but the last bid in the John Abraham thread is illegal (the contract is technically fine but it's not more than the bid I had in before it...)

I'll take a look

It is invalid and does not have the criteria to meet being larger than the previous bid(just a mix-up on numbers). Player will be awarded to you based on time expiring
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

Postby mattb47 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:31 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Toltec wrote:Ahmad Bradshaw - RB, NYG
Contract Length: 5 years
Average Yearly Salary: $9M
Total Contract Amount: $45
2011-2014: $5M; 2015: $25M
NTC: No

This bid is illegal. Backloaded too much...again (last 2 years are more than 60%). Hey Toltec, you are $60+ million under the cap. Why do you keep doing this? :-?

Yea...and anyway, the whole point of this league is more realism with contracts and salary cap and all that so why do we keep having people so intent on stretching the rules to the limit and doing ridiculous things instead of just playing it like it was meant to be played? :-?
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Toltec » Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 am

Sorry, math was wrong. It was supposed to be 6.5 per year.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League