League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:29 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:MFL has been updated with the FA adds through John Abraham, and with the cuts/cap hits through Trevor Scott. ;-D


Lance Briggs is showing as a 5 year contract. My final bid was a 3 year contract.

I will take the last 2 years if there is no cap hit. :-b


:-b

Fixed! If anyone else sees a mistake that I made when entering the contracts...please let me know. ;-D


Toltec wrote:Just so I know, no one was upset that fnj was going to pay Bradshaw $12M a year, but what I am doing is wrong? Are you honestly telling me that fnj was actually going to pay him $12 million in year 5 to a 30 year old back? Come on, you guys extend a guy for 5 years when he is at the end of his career with every intention of using the AFT before year 5.So you get to spread the contract over a few years and pay less than someone that was signing that 35 year old LB for 2 years. "ButToltec, it is in the rules."

Also, doesn't matter what the Brady contract "looks" like. Did the math for you, it is over %50 backloaded, as are 90% of nfl contracts.

So I am the guy damaging the integrity of the league as Waugh suggests? Really? How about this. Get rid of the AFT and maybe we will get a fair price for all players. No more of this 5 year nonsense on old guys.

If you guys think I am so detrimental to the league, vote me out. Because this entire issue is deflection and complete BS.



My contract was $12M for each year. I didn't have year 5 at over 50% of the entire cap for the entire 35 man roster. That was the major issue that caused a rule change in the middle of the FA auctions. And sorry, that Brady contract is nothing like yours...again, there's not a 300+% increase from the 2nd to last year to the last year. Myself and the other 10 owners will just have to agree to disagree with you. Like WaCoug said, let's just move on from this. You're not going to change anyone's mind by continuing to try and justify your actions.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: League Discussion

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:20 am

Toltec wrote:Just so I know, no one was upset that fnj was going to pay Bradshaw $12M a year, but what I am doing is wrong? Are you honestly telling me that fnj was actually going to pay him $12 million in year 5 to a 30 year old back? Come on, you guys extend a guy for 5 years when he is at the end of his career with every intention of using the AFT before year 5.So you get to spread the contract over a few years and pay less than someone that was signing that 35 year old LB for 2 years. "ButToltec, it is in the rules."

Also, doesn't matter what the Brady contract "looks" like. Did the math for you, it is over %50 backloaded, as are 90% of nfl contracts.

So I am the guy damaging the integrity of the league as Waugh suggests? Really? How about this. Get rid of the AFT and maybe we will get a fair price for all players. No more of this 5 year nonsense on old guys.

If you guys think I am so detrimental to the league, vote me out. Because this entire issue is deflection and complete BS.

50% is legal. 60% is not. I dont understand what the problem is?

I honestly wouldnt mind simplifying this whole thing and just making it an even amount every year. Not worth the heartburn.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 11116
Joined: 30 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby FantasyMan13 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:21 am

man, this 24 hour time limit blows. Completely killin this.
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby Toltec » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:23 am

terpfan wrote:
Toltec wrote:Just so I know, no one was upset that fnj was going to pay Bradshaw $12M a year, but what I am doing is wrong? Are you honestly telling me that fnj was actually going to pay him $12 million in year 5 to a 30 year old back? Come on, you guys extend a guy for 5 years when he is at the end of his career with every intention of using the AFT before year 5.So you get to spread the contract over a few years and pay less than someone that was signing that 35 year old LB for 2 years. "ButToltec, it is in the rules."

Also, doesn't matter what the Brady contract "looks" like. Did the math for you, it is over %50 backloaded, as are 90% of nfl contracts.

So I am the guy damaging the integrity of the league as Waugh suggests? Really? How about this. Get rid of the AFT and maybe we will get a fair price for all players. No more of this 5 year nonsense on old guys.

If you guys think I am so detrimental to the league, vote me out. Because this entire issue is deflection and complete BS.

50% is legal. 60% is not. I dont understand what the problem is?

I honestly wouldnt mind simplifying this whole thing and just making it an even amount every year. Not worth the heartburn.

Actually, 60% IS legal over the last two years.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
Posts: 979
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 6 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby Toltec » Sat Aug 27, 2011 5:39 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:


My contract was $12M for each year. I didn't have year 5 at over 50% of the entire cap for the entire 35 man roster. That was the major issue that caused a rule change in the middle of the FA auctions. And sorry, that Brady contract is nothing like yours...again, there's not a 300+% increase from the 2nd to last year to the last year. Myself and the other 10 owners will just have to agree to disagree with you. Like WaCoug said, let's just move on from this. You're not going to change anyone's mind by continuing to try and justify your actions.

So you have no plans to aft Bradshaw before year 5? Sure hope you don't hurt the league when you aft your "realistic" contract.

I'm done. Hope the integrity of the league can be saved from my wanton display. Consider me done.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
Posts: 979
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 6 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:25 am

I still don't quite understand. Why not just play along? Should we just officially dump the AFT? Is that what you want?

It just seems to me you could easily win Bradshaw without all this craziness.

I do hope you stick around, for what it's worth.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 11116
Joined: 30 May 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Toltec wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:


My contract was $12M for each year. I didn't have year 5 at over 50% of the entire cap for the entire 35 man roster. That was the major issue that caused a rule change in the middle of the FA auctions. And sorry, that Brady contract is nothing like yours...again, there's not a 300+% increase from the 2nd to last year to the last year. Myself and the other 10 owners will just have to agree to disagree with you. Like WaCoug said, let's just move on from this. You're not going to change anyone's mind by continuing to try and justify your actions.

So you have no plans to aft Bradshaw before year 5? Sure hope you don't hurt the league when you aft your "realistic" contract.

I'm done. Hope the integrity of the league can be saved from my wanton display. Consider me done.



When I originally posted that contract, I had no plans of using the AFT in year 5. You know why? Because I was fine with paying Bradhsaw $12M a year. If Bradshaw started sucking at the end of the contract or if he retired, then sure I'd use the AFT (if we still have one) on him. What I didn't do is try to win the auction by backloading his contract to the point where I would HAVE to use the AFT on him in year 5. What I didn't do is post a contract just to win the auction with the sole intent of using the AFT in year 5. I've never posted a contract with the thought in my head "I'll just use the AFT in the last year". I mean the auction on Bradshaw had to be restarted and we had to change the rules of the entire league because you were exploiting a loophole in our very complicated rules. The poll passed with no opposition. How can you not see the difference?


terpfan wrote:I do hope you stick around, for what it's worth.



Same here. I'm sure that you won't believe me, but I never even thought about "voting you out", like you mentioned in an earlier post. And I hope that you don't think this whole thing is worth quitting the league over. Most leagues have problems or issues that they talk about, then they solve the problem, and then they move on. That's what we did. We did our best to fix the problem to keep the integrity of the league, and now we should just all move on. Please don't be mad at the "integrity of the league" comments. You did not break any rules, but by exploiting the loophole that you found to try to win Bradshaw, some felt that went against the integrity of the league. We discussed and fixed the issue. You are a great owner who is very active in the league. I would hate to lose you as an owner over this. Please, let's just put this behind us and try to have fun moving forward. That's what this league (and all of our other leagues) is all about. ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:36 pm

Toltec wrote:
mattb47 wrote:2.12 Kendall Hunter - RB, SF

Taken 1.08 by WaC



PM sent to Matt...thanks Toltec! ;-D


I'll also send a PM to Ron, asking him to wait until Matt repicks. :-/ ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: League Discussion

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Would of waited, I thought to myself damn...Hunter lasted awhile wish he woulda fell more, but already had my guy in mind and just went
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9934
(Past Year: 62)
Joined: 15 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: East Lansing

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:12 pm

aaawall91 wrote:Would of waited, I thought to myself damn...Hunter lasted awhile wish he woulda fell more, but already had my guy in mind and just went



Not a problem at all. I just want to pause a bit to give Matt a chance to repick. I just put up a players taken thread, so that should prevent it from happening in the future. I PMed Ron and asked him to wait. If Matt doesn't repick within 24 hours of his pick, I'll let Ron know that it's OK to fire away. ;-D :-/
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 7:24 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact