League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:14 pm

Just for the record I think after the auctions are over we should have a serious discussion about the future of this league as far as salary structures go. As I mentioned before, I wouldnt mind WAY simplifying the process...
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mattb47 » Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:21 am

Sorry about that guys, fixed and updated.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:25 am

terpfan wrote:Just for the record I think after the auctions are over we should have a serious discussion about the future of this league as far as salary structures go. As I mentioned before, I wouldnt mind WAY simplifying the process...

I'm all for discussing it, but I'm not sure we have enough time. Also, dream is on vacation. If we don't get to it before the season starts, we'll definitely discuss it in the offseason. ;-D

mattb47 wrote:Sorry about that guys, fixed and updated.

Not a problem Matt! ;-D

Let's start posting the contracts for re-signed players and rookies. The season starts on Thursday (9/8) :-) , which means we have 11 days to finish. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Toltec » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:05 am

11 days? Plenty of time.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Toltec » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:09 am

Serious Question, should we start the Bradshaw bidding over again.... again?
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic

Postby terpfan » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:51 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
terpfan wrote:Just for the record I think after the auctions are over we should have a serious discussion about the future of this league as far as salary structures go. As I mentioned before, I wouldnt mind WAY simplifying the process...

I'm all for discussing it, but I'm not sure we have enough time. Also, dream is on vacation. If we don't get to it before the season starts, we'll definitely discuss it in the offseason. ;-D

Yeah I meant to be put into effect next year. I just think we should do it during this season because there will be less people around during the offseason.
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:58 am

dream_017 wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Just a reminder I leave for my last camping trip of the summer on Sunday morning. With your approval I would like thriftyrocker to make my draft pick(s) while I'm gone. I hope my 2.09 pick is done by then, if not he will have instructions on who/what to do for that pick as well as my 4.07 & 4.09 picks.

Sounds good ;-D

Thirfty has been PMed with my instructions on who/what to do with my picks should I go on the clock while I'm gone. I will be back late Sunday Septemeber 4th. If the clock will expire on that Sunday he will pick for me. For you guys on the east coast, stay dry :-b . I will be camping on the Oregon coast enjoying some sand and sun (I hope).
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Toltec wrote:11 days? Plenty of time.

I hope you're right. I sent Ron an email, a PM, and a FB message to let him know that his 24 hours have passed in the rookie draft.

Toltec wrote:Serious Question, should we start the Bradshaw bidding over again.... again?

I don't think we need to. You won him within the new rules. The only negative thing is that in 5 years no owner might be able to re-sign any of their RB's because the re-sign value is going to be ridiculous (another reason why I think we should keep the NTC for re-signs).

terpfan wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Yeah I meant to be put into effect next year. I just think we should do it during this season because there will be less people around during the offseason.

;-D

SeaWolf wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:Just a reminder I leave for my last camping trip of the summer on Sunday morning. With your approval I would like thriftyrocker to make my draft pick(s) while I'm gone. I hope my 2.09 pick is done by then, if not he will have instructions on who/what to do for that pick as well as my 4.07 & 4.09 picks.

Sounds good ;-D

Thirfty has been PMed with my instructions on who/what to do with my picks should I go on the clock while I'm gone. I will be back late Sunday Septemeber 4th. If the clock will expire on that Sunday he will pick for me. For you guys on the east coast, stay dry :-b . I will be camping on the Oregon coast enjoying some sand and sun (I hope).

;-D

Have a good trip! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:30 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Toltec wrote:11 days? Plenty of time.

I hope you're right. I sent Ron an email, a PM, and a FB message to let him know that his 24 hours have passed in the rookie draft.

I think we need to consider skipping ron pretty soon, as we only do have those 11 days to make it through basically 2 full rounds and sign the guys to contracts, etc. in time to set matchups. Thoughts?

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Toltec wrote:Serious Question, should we start the Bradshaw bidding over again.... again?

I don't think we need to. You won him within the new rules. The only negative thing is that in 5 years no owner might be able to re-sign any of their RB's because the re-sign value is going to be ridiculous (another reason why I think we should keep the NTC for re-signs).

As for Bradshaw, I don't think there's any way we can restart the auction for him without setting a worse precedent than the contract itself sets. It sucks that Bradshaw's contract alone will drive the re-sign rate for RBs up over $500K (just a spitballed estimate) this season alone, but there's not much we can do but live and learn at this point IMO. I am all for talking about keeping the NTC for re-signs as I think that even thought it might not be "realistic", etc. that it might add a layer of protection without having to take more drastic measures down the road. It hasn't been abused in the past, and while it doesn't mirror the real NFL, so don't a number of other things both in fantasy in general and in this league, so I could really care less about that rationale. Anyway, that's a conversation for another day (though I agree with terp that it should take place during the season once the dust has settled on the preseason madness, as it's hard to get most of us in the "same room" in the offseason until it's too late to hash things like this out) ...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Toltec » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:50 pm

I think the re-signing vets rule in this league makes it too easy to resign top guys, ensuring that the FA market never really is that great. Makes it hard for lower teams to improve other than through draft and trades... makes this seem more like a 20 man keeper rather than a salary league.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League