League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby Toltec » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:26 am

At some point, when Dream gets back, I'd like to see an updated spreadsheet.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:39 am

I sent a PM, an email, and a FB message to Ron (sorry for all the messages Ron!) to let him know that his 24 hour clock is expiring in the rookie draft. I also sent the PM to bungle just in case an alternate pick is needed. ;-D :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:38 pm

Fitzpatrick was on by logan on Monday (8/29):

viewtopic.php?t=492869

:-/

Also, Ron changed/edited his pick, and FM13 was PMed. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:44 am

All FA auction adds/salaries are entered in MFL through Olsen (Fitzpatrick was already won by logan). All posted re-signs & rookie contracts are approved & entered through the 4 that Toltec posted on page 3 (sheard, thomas, ridley, & miller), minus Rivers (as posted in the re-sign/rookie contract thread, the Rivers contract is slightly off). All rookies are added through pick 4.02. Cap hit for Whitehurst drop not done, and the cap hit for the 3 NTC players in the trade not done (dream will handle that when he gets back). ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:53 am

For the record, I put Leshoure on IR. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:23 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:All FA auction adds/salaries are entered in MFL through Olsen (Fitzpatrick was already won by logan). All posted re-signs & rookie contracts are approved & entered through the 4 that Toltec posted on page 3 (sheard, thomas, ridley, & miller), minus Rivers (as posted in the re-sign/rookie contract thread, the Rivers contract is slightly off). All rookies are added through pick 4.02. Cap hit for Whitehurst drop not done, and the cap hit for the 3 NTC players in the trade not done (dream will handle that when he gets back). ;-D

Rivers pick is fixed and will patiently wait on the Whitehurst and NTC situations ;-) ;-D

BTW, Greg Olsen was locked a number of hours early, so I took the liberty of unlocking it and making a bid ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:50 am

OK - I'm back.

Looks like I have a lot to review 8-o

I will update the spreadsheet as soon as I can. I will also calculate the NTC amounts for the recent trade and post those.

Couple quick thoughts while I review things:
- I think with the current rules in place we will be OK (even on backloads) - the previous rules did compromise the league, but we should be able to have some flexibility in how the contracts are distributed and it should be OK
- As for the FA pool and re-signing. Just keeping tabs on things, I think we are in a very good place to keep things rolling. I would hate to see too many top tier players hit the FA market - in my opinion, they should be able to be re-signed(assuming you have the cap space). As FNJ mentioned a lot of initial drafted players will start to come up in the off-season if they were signed to 5 year deals. I think there are going to be some decisions to be made for some teams. The re-signing amounts also should not be a problem- they have remained pretty steady through each off-season - even with some high end contracts handed out. f it does become a problem we can discuss moving to the top 10 average- but I don't see it becoming an issue.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:45 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:All FA auction adds/salaries are entered in MFL through Olsen (Fitzpatrick was already won by logan). All posted re-signs & rookie contracts are approved & entered through the 4 that Toltec posted on page 3 (sheard, thomas, ridley, & miller), minus Rivers (as posted in the re-sign/rookie contract thread, the Rivers contract is slightly off). All rookies are added through pick 4.02. Cap hit for Whitehurst drop not done, and the cap hit for the 3 NTC players in the trade not done (dream will handle that when he gets back). ;-D

Rivers pick is fixed and will patiently wait on the Whitehurst and NTC situations ;-) ;-D

BTW, Greg Olsen was locked a number of hours early, so I took the liberty of unlocking it and making a bid ;-D

My bad on Olsen...don't know how I missed that. I dropped him from aaawall's roster on MFL. :-/ ;-D

dream_017 wrote:OK - I'm back.

I will update the spreadsheet as soon as I can. I will also calculate the NTC amounts for the recent trade and post those.

- I think with the current rules in place we will be OK (even on backloads) - the previous rules did compromise the league, but we should be able to have some flexibility in how the contracts are distributed and it should be OK
- As for the FA pool and re-signing. Just keeping tabs on things, I think we are in a very good place to keep things rolling. I would hate to see too many top tier players hit the FA market - in my opinion, they should be able to be re-signed(assuming you have the cap space). As FNJ mentioned a lot of initial drafted players will start to come up in the off-season if they were signed to 5 year deals. I think there are going to be some decisions to be made for some teams. The re-signing amounts also should not be a problem- they have remained pretty steady through each off-season - even with some high end contracts handed out. f it does become a problem we can discuss moving to the top 10 average- but I don't see it becoming an issue.

Welcome back dream! Hope you had an awesome time on vacation. ;-D

I kept posting what I was up to so that the league knew, but mainly so that you would know when you got back. Everything should be taken care of besides the cap hit for dropping Whitehurst (all other cap hits for cuts are in MFL) and the cap hit for the 3 guys with NTC in the trade. All posted re-sign & rookie contracts are added through Rivers. All FA auction adds & their contracts are in, not including Olsen. All rookie picks are in through 4.02. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby dream_017 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:51 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

My bad on Olsen...don't know how I missed that. I dropped him from aaawall's roster on MFL. :-/ ;-D

dream_017 wrote:OK - I'm back.

Welcome back dream! Hope you had an awesome time on vacation. ;-D

I kept posting what I was up to so that the league knew, but mainly so that you would know when you got back. Everything should be taken care of besides the cap hit for dropping Whitehurst (all other cap hits for cuts are in MFL) and the cap hit for the 3 guys with NTC in the trade. All posted re-sign & rookie contracts are added through Rivers. All FA auction adds & their contracts are in, not including Olsen. All rookie picks are in through 4.02. ;-D

It was great, but glad to be back to football

I have the spreadsheet with FA wins and trades and rookies - I will add the rookie contracts and cuts tomorrow. Spreadsheet will be posted soon.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Spreadsheet is updated through right now ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League