League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 24, 2012 4:33 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Hey fellas, just a heads up: I know it's super early, but I've had a PM out to terp, matt and slick for over a week and haven't even seen it opened at this point. I'm obviously less worried about slick than the others, but terp has always been pretty hard to get ahold of in the offseason and was kind of luke warm last year, and matt ... well, that's a whole different story we all know. Anyway, I don't think it's panic mode time, but I think we are at least moving in the direction of pondering 1-3 replacement players, knowing it's a very real chance we'll end up needing at least one, one way or the other :-? !+)

I remembered that I was friends with terp on FB & I sent him a message. Glad to have him back! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri May 25, 2012 2:31 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Hey fellas, just a heads up: I know it's super early, but I've had a PM out to terp, matt and slick for over a week and haven't even seen it opened at this point. I'm obviously less worried about slick than the others, but terp has always been pretty hard to get ahold of in the offseason and was kind of luke warm last year, and matt ... well, that's a whole different story we all know. Anyway, I don't think it's panic mode time, but I think we are at least moving in the direction of pondering 1-3 replacement players, knowing it's a very real chance we'll end up needing at least one, one way or the other :-? !+)

I remembered that I was friends with terp on FB & I sent him a message. Glad to have him back! ;-D

Sweet, just need slick now, as I'm guessing this is the final final straw with Matt approaching !+) :*)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slick0522 » Fri May 25, 2012 7:52 am

WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Sweet, just need slick now, as I'm guessing this is the final final straw with Matt approaching !+) :*)

Sorry for the delay guys
slick0522
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri May 25, 2012 1:56 pm

slick0522 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Sorry for the delay guys

No worries! Glad to have you back man! We're up to 11/12, with the usual suspect in the wind. I went ahead and sent an email to matt at an address I dug up from my gmail account, but I don't have a lot of faith in that panning out one way or the other. If the guy can show up and participate like he used to, I'd love to have him, but he's such a disappearing deadbeat the last few seasons that I'm not sure it's really worth it :*) !+)

Thoughts? :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Fri May 25, 2012 2:19 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
slick0522 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:

Sorry for the delay guys

No worries! Glad to have you back man! We're up to 11/12, with the usual suspect in the wind. I went ahead and sent an email to matt at an address I dug up from my gmail account, but I don't have a lot of faith in that panning out one way or the other. If the guy can show up and participate like he used to, I'd love to have him, but he's such a disappearing deadbeat the last few seasons that I'm not sure it's really worth it :*) !+)

I think this place needs one less Steeler fan. :-D
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri May 25, 2012 2:31 pm

SeaWolf wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
slick0522 wrote:Sorry for the delay guys

I think this place needs one less Steeler fan. :-D

One less is only a true solution if the initial number is ... one. :-D :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:07 am

A whole another week, and Matt hasn't even checked his PM. Time to move on !+) :*)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:23 am

Just so Bradford gets an idea of what the offseason schedule looks like, this is from 2010:

dream_017 wrote:Here are the updated deadlines for the off-season activity:
Anti Franchise - May 21st
Re-sign deadline - June 4th
FA bidding begins - June 7th
Rookie draft begins - June 21st

And it varies from year to year, but here's last years "re-sign" values (avg. of top 5 highest salaries at that position):

dream_017 wrote:Here are the base salary values for re-signing a player with an expiring contract this year.

QB - 3.6M
RB - 7.3M
WR - 8.0M
TE - 3.0M
K - .30M
DL - 4.0M
LB - 6.1M
DB - 3.9M

If you look on MFL, all players on your roster that have "contract year" & "total years" as the same number have an expiring contract. Those players will either need to be re-signed or cut at some point. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Toltec » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:06 pm

So...
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)