League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Toltec wrote:Here is what I came up with for cost to re-sign players:

QB - $4.206M
RB - $6.4M
WR - $6.22M
TE - $2.26M
K - $0.28M
DL - $4.346M
LB - $6.1M
DB - $4.816M



I'm sure that dream will post them soon. Not sure if those are right only because I think RB's will be higher than last year...not lower.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: League Discussion

Postby Toltec » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:33 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Toltec wrote:Here is what I came up with for cost to re-sign players:

QB - $4.206M
RB - $6.4M
WR - $6.22M
TE - $2.26M
K - $0.28M
DL - $4.346M
LB - $6.1M
DB - $4.816M



I'm sure that dream will post them soon. Not sure if those are right only because I think RB's will be higher than last year...not lower.

Thought he said it was based on current salaries, not salaries from the previous season. If it is from the previous season, all resign costs would be higher. RB, WR, and LB would be a huge increase.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
Posts: 979
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 6 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Toltec wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Toltec wrote:Here is what I came up with for cost to re-sign players:

QB - $4.206M
RB - $6.4M
WR - $6.22M
TE - $2.26M
K - $0.28M
DL - $4.346M
LB - $6.1M
DB - $4.816M



I'm sure that dream will post them soon. Not sure if those are right only because I think RB's will be higher than last year...not lower.

Thought he said it was based on current salaries, not salaries from the previous season. If it is from the previous season, all resign costs would be higher. RB, WR, and LB would be a huge increase.



I'm not 100% sure, so I sent a PM to dream. But the re-sign values are usually one of the 1st things created during the offseason, so I think they're determined by the previous seasons top 5 salaries...since the rookie draft/rookie salaries are the last thing we do in the offseason.

2010 schedule wrote:Here are the updated deadlines for the off-season activity:
Anti Franchise - May 21st
Re-sign deadline - June 4th
FA bidding begins - June 7th
Rookie draft begins - June 21st
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: League Discussion

Postby Toltec » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:55 pm

Redid this based on the average yearly salary column, not counting expiring contracts and came up with this:

QB - 4.892M
RB - 9.884M
WR - 7.468M
TE - 3.312M
K - 0.344M
DL - 5.888M
LB - 8.26M
DB - 6.624M
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
Posts: 979
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 6 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:07 pm

Toltec wrote:Redid this based on the average yearly salary column, not counting expiring contracts and came up with this:

QB - 4.892M
RB - 9.884M
WR - 7.468M
TE - 3.312M
K - 0.344M
DL - 5.888M
LB - 8.26M
DB - 6.624M



I just posted this in the other thread:


flotsamnjetsam wrote:EDIT: If I'm right (that it goes by last years top 5):

D.Carter: $16M
J.Rodgers: $16M
R.Grant: $10.2M
J.Battle: $9.1M
MJD: $8.3M

Total $59.6...avg just under $12M.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: League Discussion

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:12 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Toltec wrote:Redid this based on the average yearly salary column, not counting expiring contracts and came up with this:

QB - 4.892M
RB - 9.884M
WR - 7.468M
TE - 3.312M
K - 0.344M
DL - 5.888M
LB - 8.26M
DB - 6.624M



I just posted this in the other thread:


flotsamnjetsam wrote:EDIT: If I'm right (that it goes by last years top 5):

D.Carter: $16M
J.Rodgers: $16M
R.Grant: $10.2M
J.Battle: $9.1M
MJD: $8.3M

Total $59.6...avg just under $12M.


Also, regardless of number set, isn't it based on average contract and not whatever last year's number was? I'm pretty sure this has been an aspect of the calculation before, if I remember correctly ...
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:18 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Toltec wrote:Redid this based on the average yearly salary column, not counting expiring contracts and came up with this:

QB - 4.892M
RB - 9.884M
WR - 7.468M
TE - 3.312M
K - 0.344M
DL - 5.888M
LB - 8.26M
DB - 6.624M



I just posted this in the other thread:


flotsamnjetsam wrote:EDIT: If I'm right (that it goes by last years top 5):

D.Carter: $16M
J.Rodgers: $16M
R.Grant: $10.2M
J.Battle: $9.1M
MJD: $8.3M

Total $59.6...avg just under $12M.


Also, regardless of number set, isn't it based on average contract and not whatever last year's number was? I'm pretty sure this has been an aspect of the calculation before, if I remember correctly ...



Yeah, I'm not 100% sure at all, so I won't even speculate anymore until we hear from dream. ;-D


EDIT: I'm probably 100% wrong! :-B :-b
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: League Discussion

Postby Toltec » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:19 pm

Send out the bat signal and get Dream! We also need some deadlines ASAP.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
Posts: 979
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 6 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Toltec wrote:Send out the bat signal and get Dream! We also need some deadlines ASAP.



It's already been done. I sent dream a PM about both. ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: League Discussion

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:52 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Toltec wrote:Send out the bat signal and get Dream! We also need some deadlines ASAP.


It's already been done. I sent dream a PM about both. ;-D


Quick Batman! The criminals are running roughshod over Gotham :-o
Image
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 8164
Joined: 29 May 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New to the "block"

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 6:59 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact