League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:02 pm

Just for entertainment value, I'd like to hear Matt's story if we let him off the hook for like the 20th time. Over a month without checking his PM now... Hope he's OK first and foremost, then I'd like to hear the story once that's established - as far as fish stories go, I predict this one would have been the equivalent of netting a 200-pound tarpin in a lake full of bluegill :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:38 pm

Soo, how's the progress going on getting aaaw on board with the contracts/speadsheet crash course? Looks like we need to get 5 people to do their AFT in the next couple of days so we can move on to the next stages of business - certainly plenty of time, but we might as well stick to the schedule and maybe even move things forward a bit if we can, just so there's no logjam in case FA takes longer than we think, etc.

I'll send out a PM now to the guys who need to turn in AFT, and if you are one of them and read this please try to get that in by Sunday night if at all possible. Thanks fellas ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:42 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Soo, how's the progress going on getting aaaw on board with the contracts/speadsheet crash course? Looks like we need to get 5 people to do their AFT in the next couple of days so we can move on to the next stages of business - certainly plenty of time, but we might as well stick to the schedule and maybe even move things forward a bit if we can, just so there's no logjam in case FA takes longer than we think, etc.

I'll send out a PM now to the guys who need to turn in AFT, and if you are one of them and read this please try to get that in by Sunday night if at all possible. Thanks fellas ;-D

Not sure if dream contacted aaawall about the spreadsheet. SeaWolf responded to the last PM that I sent, so he's knows about the AFT due by 7/1. Not sure about the other 4. Also, slick hasn't opened a PM I sent on 6/15, so I'm not sure where he's been (he already posted his AFT). I tried to send him an email, but his email address on MFL is invalid. :-?

EDIT: I'll send Ron & Brian a message on FB about the AFT. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:51 pm

OK guys I have not had time to get with aaawall for the spreadsheet and don't see much time for me in the near future to give a full explaination. As you may see I came back from vacation on Saturday but this is the first I have been able to get in here. Hate to leave the group hanging but life is really busy for me right now and just can't get to everything. I can send the latest spreadsheet that I have but will not be able to keep up with it. I will still be a part of the league and able to run my team but anything more is going to be tough. Sorry, but I will be around a lot less. Hope I can find time down the road to be back at full strength around the Cafe and this league.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:09 pm

Can you grant me spreedsheet permissions, I can look around at least see what I can figure out for now

Ignore that apparently it can just be done, so what are my duties of spreedsheet keeper? Updated rosters/transaction log/ and figuring out cap hits?
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 63)

Postby slick0522 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:13 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Also, slick hasn't opened a PM I sent on 6/15, so I'm not sure where he's been (he already posted his AFT). I tried to send him an email, but his email address on MFL is invalid. :-?

I try to check in once a week or every other week in the off-season. Just happen to hit in between check-ins. I'll get back to you soon on the PM ;-D Not sure what is wrong with the email on MFL, I get updates from them.
slick0522
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:10 am

aaawall91 wrote:Can you grant me spreedsheet permissions, I can look around at least see what I can figure out for now

Ignore that apparently it can just be done, so what are my duties of spreedsheet keeper? Updated rosters/transaction log/ and figuring out cap hits?

I think the main thing that dream did on his own with the spreadsheet was updating the rosters/salaries & transaction logs. In the past, both of us figured out the cap hits. I'm pretty sure that anyone can go to the "cuts" tab to figure out the cap hits...it's just that each season I usually have to ask dream exactly what numbers need to be entered to figure out the cap hits correctly.

EDIT: For some reason it won't let me enter numbers in the "cuts" tab. :-?

slick0522 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Also, slick hasn't opened a PM I sent on 6/15, so I'm not sure where he's been (he already posted his AFT). I tried to send him an email, but his email address on MFL is invalid. :-?

I try to check in once a week or every other week in the off-season. Just happen to hit in between check-ins. I'll get back to you soon on the PM ;-D Not sure what is wrong with the email on MFL, I get updates from them.

No need to apologize slick! That's weird about your email address.

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:11 pm

I just updated MFL by dropping any AFT player that was listed in the "cuts" thread, and I also dropped all players listed as "won't re-sign". As long as it's before the re-sign deadline (tentatively 7/15), any owner can change their mind on any of these players. ;-D

For some reason, the spreadsheet won't let me add numbers into the "cuts" tab, but the cap hits for the 2 drops posted by SW are correct (it's easy to figure the cap hit in the offseason when the salary is the same for each year of the contract). ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:47 pm

We're still waiting on Kareighuis to post his AFT player, and Bradford should be fixing his soon. Just a reminder, no owner has to use their AFT.

We're still waiting on logan, Bradford, terp, & Kareighuis to post their "re-signs". aaawall posted 3 re-signs, but I'm waiting on him to respond to my post asking him if those are the only 3 players he's re-signing. Just a reminder, owners only need to post who they're re-signing before the deadline. Contracts are due after the rookie draft.

I sent an email to Kareighuis on Friday about the AFT. I'll send him, logan, Bradford, terp, & aaawall a PM/email about their re-signs. We can start the FA auctions as soon as everyone gets everything posted. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:59 am

Alright-

1- AFT- Terrell Thomas, DB, NYG

2- Posted cuts here- viewtopic.php?f=253&t=513384&p=3424033#p3424033. That should free room to activate my IR'd players.

3- I also posted who I'd like to resign there, but I wasn't entirely certain of the contracts that they'd get.

4- My PMs are full here and I frankly don't have the time to go through all 500+ of them to figure which to keep. Right now, I have 3 PMs received that I can't read because my inbox (and backup inbox) are both at the 200 limit. PMs aren't the best way to reach me.

5- When I do my rounds on my favorite FF websites (at least several times a day), FFC is one of those sites. When I view my posts, I'd read up on the latest discussion for this league. After the conversations in the League Discussion thread here died down, I was under the impression things were on hold till dream came back and awal got filled in on how to use the spreadsheet. I wish I had known there were conversations occurring outside this thread that weren't being linked to from here.

6- I've also read the tentative offseason schedule- viewtopic.php?t=513383
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League