League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:28 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Less than 48 hours til the season starts :-L :-D

I hope Brandon Jacobs goes off in honor of opening day (though now that I say that, he'll get hurt on the 4th play from scrimmage... ;-)

I either have to change my shift or call in sick Thursday. I'm scheduled from 4-Midnight. :~( I should ask my supervisor if I could use a vacation day. Probably help me get last minute stuff done with all my leagues too. Go Giants! :-B :-b ;-) ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:28 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Less than 48 hours til the season starts :-L :-D

I hope Brandon Jacobs goes off in honor of opening day (though now that I say that, he'll get hurt on the 4th play from scrimmage... ;-)

I either have to change my shift or call in sick Thursday. I'm scheduled from 4-Midnight. :~( I should ask my supervisor if I could use a vacation day. Probably help me get last minute stuff done with all my leagues too. Go Giants! :-B :-b ;-) ;-D

It should be a national holiday IMO :-D If we have too many, we could always eliminate Flag Day or one of those other silly ones ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:50 am

Hey m16a - it looks like you haven't set your lineup yet in the live scoring! It might be a glitch, but I thought someone should let you know just in case you forgot/there is a screw-up ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:10 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Hey m16a - it looks like you haven't set your lineup yet in the live scoring! It might be a glitch, but I thought someone should let you know just in case you forgot/there is a screw-up ;-D

m16a had some internet access problems. dream, Kilroy, & myself are discussing what to do about it right now. One of us will post with more details once we get it figured out. ;-D

PS: I called in sick yesterday. :-b ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:07 pm

Looks pretty ;-D No, not my sig(for this week only)...I know you guys are looking, but she is all mine...HANDS OFF O:-)

No, actully I cleaned the place up a bit from all the off-season chatter. The rules are current and in the announcement section. The stickies are the current important threads to keep an eye on. The FA bidding is now higher so that you don't have to scroll forever to get to the currently posted players. If there is something that I took a sticky off that you think is important let me know. We don't have a roster thread(the current one some were still using, but it didn't look like it was updated for a while even from those using it), I figured we would just use the site and my master spreadsheet. :-B I did leave a thread I started to show cap space, I will change the name and try to keep it updated with stuff that is not on the site (future year cap space, draft pick(although this is on the site), players signed for future years). If you ever need a copy of your sheet let me know.

I didn't merge all the old threads, I just left them, because it gets too hard to find things if I make a 2007 thread and merge all the 2007 off-season chatter together. So, you can still find all the old threads, they just don't have a sticky ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby m16a » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:13 pm

Wow, I'm doing better than last year already!! ;-D :-b
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Sep 13, 2008 3:49 am

dream_017 wrote:Looks pretty ;-D No, not my sig(for this week only)...I know you guys are looking, but she is all mine...HANDS OFF O:-)

No, actully I cleaned the place up a bit from all the off-season chatter. The rules are current and in the announcement section. The stickies are the current important threads to keep an eye on. The FA bidding is now higher so that you don't have to scroll forever to get to the currently posted players. If there is something that I took a sticky off that you think is important let me know. We don't have a roster thread(the current one some were still using, but it didn't look like it was updated for a while even from those using it), I figured we would just use the site and my master spreadsheet. :-B I did leave a thread I started to show cap space, I will change the name and try to keep it updated with stuff that is not on the site (future year cap space, draft pick(although this is on the site), players signed for future years). If you ever need a copy of your sheet let me know.

I didn't merge all the old threads, I just left them, because it gets too hard to find things if I make a 2007 thread and merge all the 2007 off-season chatter together. So, you can still find all the old threads, they just don't have a sticky ;-D

Awesome job dream. You da man! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby steelerfan513 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:17 pm

I have created the idiot of the week award and have awarded it to myself for the rest of the year based on this week. After smartly adding Neil Rackers to my roster so I had a starting kicker b/c I had Matt Stover, I then proceed to forget to insert him into my lineup before his game starts. He would've gotten me 8 points, and I lost by 7.82. :-b :-B !+)

So thanks to the guys for getting that add/drop in on time; you did your best to help me out but just couldn't overcome me. :-B
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:05 am

steelerfan513 wrote:I have created the idiot of the week award and have awarded it to myself for the rest of the year based on this week. After smartly adding Neil Rackers to my roster so I had a starting kicker b/c I had Matt Stover, I then proceed to forget to insert him into my lineup before his game starts. He would've gotten me 8 points, and I lost by 7.82. :-b :-B !+)

So thanks to the guys for getting that add/drop in on time; you did your best to help me out but just couldn't overcome me. :-B

Ouch! 8-o

Sorry to hear that SF. :,-( :-/

flotsamnjetsam

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:38 pm

ok...im trying to add some players during the season for my first time since this league started and dont know what im supposed to do. i claimed two guys in the waiver wire thread...whats the next step? at this point do i claim them on the league site? do i need to drop players first?

also i noticed john carlson of seattle was claimed by leber, but it still shows him as a free agent on the website...is he taken or available?
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League