League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:40 am

Kareighuis wrote:Alright, reading the rules and settings thread, came across this portion.

mattb47 wrote:No Trade Clauses (NTC):

One aspect of a salary is a no-trade clause(NTC) that you can add to the salary. If you choose to do this, 25% of the player’s salary each year will be taken away. The player in question must have a base salary of no less than $1 million to be eligible. If you choose to trade a player with a NTC attached, you will be required to pay the remaining money saved by using the NTC (minus the years that player spent on your team) in one lump sum in the form of a cap hit. After the trade, the player’s salary will remain what it was after the NTC was attached.

Am I to take that last sentence as meaning that players with NTC clauses that are traded will have their contracts redone so that-
1- the NTC clause is removed;
2- the per-year salary with the NTC will becomes the baseline per-year salary after the trade?

Take, for example, an NTC player entering the 2nd year of their contract. After accounting for NTC, they're due 4mil in 2012 and 5 mil in 2013. The NTC would be thrown out and the contract would be redone so that the base salary is 4 and 5 million respectively.

Never mind what the difference is. !+)

An easier question to ask- it says the team trading the NTC player away pays the money saved with the NTC in future years. Does that include the current year, pro-rated over games on the roster?

I've never been 100% sure on the NTC, so I'll PM this post to dream so he can confirm, but I'm pretty sure that you are correct. After a trade involving a NTC player, I think the NTC gets removed & the salaries remain what they were for the new owner. This should include the current year, but I'm not sure if the NTC penalty gets pro-rated if the trade is made during the season. My guess is yes, just because:

If you choose to trade a player with a NTC attached, you will be required to pay the remaining money saved by using the NTC (minus the years that player spent on your team) in one lump sum in the form of a cap hit.

Again, I'll PM dream to confirm. :-/ ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:36 am

NTC has always been a tad confusing, but the NTC remains with the player - all values are the same as prior to the trade.

The money is also not prorated by game for in-season NTC trades - it is the remaining years money that is saved that is the cap hit to be paid my the team trading the player
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:42 am

Excellent, thank you!
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:02 pm

Our tentative schedule:

Anti Franchise - July 1st
Re-sign deadline - July 15th
FA bidding begins - July 18th
Rookie draft begins - August 1st

Since everyone has their AFT player & re-signs in early, unless anyone has any objections, we're going to move the schedule up and start the FA auctions early. Today is the 9th, so I figured that we'd change the schedule to:

Anti Franchise - July 1st
Re-sign deadline - July 9th
FA bidding begins - July 13th
Rookie draft begins - July 27th

The old schedule had 3 days in between the "re-sign deadline" & "FA bidding begins", but just to make sure that everyone knows that we're starting early, I added another day (made it 4 days in between).

So again, unless anyone has any objections, feel free to start putting players up for auction any time after 12:00 Noon EST on Friday. Here's the rules on that:

rules wrote:FREE AGENT BIDDING
During the offseason, a FA Bidding process will start approx. 2 weeks (June 7th for the 2010 season) prior to the Rookie draft. Owners can bid on any current FA (non-rookie). A bid must hold for 48 hours in order to 'win' that player.

Here's the contract tiebreakers:

rules wrote:Contract tiebreakers are (in this order):
1.) Total Contract Amount
2.) Average Yearly Salary

The league minimum contract is 1 Year/$200,000.

The name of the player, position, and team should be posted as the title, and the contracts are posted in the body of the post. Contracts are posted in this format:

John Elway - QB, DEN
Contract Length: 5 years
Average Yearly Salary: $200K
Total Contract Amount: $1.0M
2012-2016: $200K
NTC: No

The NTC is NOT available for players in the FA auctions (NTC is only available for rookies & re-signs).

I think that covers it. I'll send this post to everyone in a PM, and I'll also send everyone an email...just so everyone knows that the auctions will be starting early. As always, feel free to post any and all questions here. Have fun and good luck everyone! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:11 pm

Bradford & I are going to see Mayhem Fest on Friday (Slayer/Slipknot/Motorhead/Anthrax) in Tampa. I can't wait to see Slayer for the 18th time & Anthrax for the 11th time! :-) :-) Yeah, I'm old. :-B :-b :-D ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:40 am

Kareighuis wrote:Paul Posluszny, LB, JAX
Contract Length: 5 Years
Average Yearly Salary: $700K
Total Contract Amount (pre-NTC): $3.5M
Total Contract Amount (post-NTC): $2.625M
2012-2016 (post-NTC): $525K
NTC: YES

We can't use the NTC on FA's...only re-signs & rookies. :-/

I made 2 changes to 2 contracts. Kareighuis had the math a little wrong on his last bid on SJax, but I think I was able to figure out what he meant, and Ron had the yearly salary wrong on his A.Smith bid. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jul 14, 2012 4:07 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Kareighuis had the math a little wrong on his last bid on SJax, but I think I was able to figure out what he meant

I was going back and forth on two different contract types and ended up mish-mashing them together. Fixed it.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:38 pm

Are there any rules about backloading? I found this comment, but nothing in the rules? Seems the idea carried some support.

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Toltec » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:43 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Are there any rules about backloading? I found this comment, but nothing in the rules? Seems the idea carried some support.

Yeah, your Poz bids are illegal.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:44 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Are there any rules about backloading? I found this comment, but nothing in the rules? Seems the idea carried some support.

We made a new rule last year (during the FA auctions):

dream_017 wrote:Please vote:
Max backload % will be based on the combined final 2 years of the contract.

For a 4 or 5 year contract - At 60% - A max. backload on a 60M contract would look something like this(for a 5 year contract) - 8M;8M;8M;8M;28M

For a 4 or 5 year contract - At 65% - A max. backload on a 60M contract would look something like this(for a 5 year contract) - 5M;8M;8M;8M;31M

Please note that this will be for 4 or 5 year contracts. 1/2/3 year contract will not have a restriction (it will be tough to backload a 3 year contract in order to try and win a FA.

If you don't think either of the 2 options are good vote for back to the drawing board and we can look at other options.

My recommendation is 60% because it does not limit being able to off load some money to future years, but it is not large enough that you can drive up the price of teh contract without paying a decent amount in the early years :-?

60% was the option that passed, so your contract on Pos is illegal:

Kareighuis wrote:Paul Posluszny, LB, JAX
Contract Length: 5 Years
Average Yearly Salary: $2.12M
Total Contract Amount: $10.6M
2012-2015: 200K, 2016- 9.8M

Please change your bid on Pos whenever you have a chance. :-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League