League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:07 pm

WaCoug must have been doing some late night drinking as well. He bid on EJ Williams after Kareighuis posted him. :-b :-B

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:09 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:WaCoug must have been doing some late night drinking as well. He bid on EJ Williams after Kareighuis posted him. :-b :-B

We were on the same wavelength, which under the circumstances is kind of terrifying :-b
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:13 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:I'm guessing that EJ Williams - LB, MIN is actually EJ Henderson - LB, MIN. You sure you weren't drinking? :-b :-B

I'm going to edit that post to read EJ Henderson...I double checked, and I didn't find any LB named Williams on MIN's roster. Please let me know if I'm right. ;-D

That wasn't me. :-D Someone else was drinking. ;-D

:-b

Doh! My bad...it was Kareighuis. :-/

Uh... oops? I can't even figure out what (or if) I was thinking...
WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:WaCoug must have been doing some late night drinking as well. He bid on EJ Williams after Kareighuis posted him. :-b :-B

We were on the same wavelength, which under the circumstances is kind of terrifying :-b

:-b
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:27 pm

I recall reading somewhere that if two franchises offer a contract for the same total amount, there were two tie-breakers. I can' recall what they were, and can't find the thread I thought they were in. Would it be possible to include the information in the rules thread?

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:30 pm

Kareighuis wrote:I recall reading somewhere that if two franchises offer a contract for the same total amount, there were two tie-breakers. I can' recall what they were, and can't find the thread I thought they were in. Would it be possible to include the information in the rules thread?

viewtopic.php?t=324948

rules wrote:Contract tiebreakers are (in order):
  1. Total contract amount
  2. Average yearly salary

Why do you ask in this case?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kareighuis » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:33 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:I recall reading somewhere that if two franchises offer a contract for the same total amount, there were two tie-breakers. I can' recall what they were, and can't find the thread I thought they were in. Would it be possible to include the information in the rules thread?

viewtopic.php?t=324948

rules wrote:Contract tiebreakers are (in order):
  1. Total contract amount
  2. Average yearly salary

Why do you ask in this case?

Ah ha! Thanks!

Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:38 pm

Bradford4Six wrote:Brent Celek, TE, PHI
Contract Length: 3 Years
Total Contract Amount: $3M
Average Yearly Salary: $900K
2012-2014: $900K
NTC: No

This bid is not higher than the previous bid by terp (the "total contract amount" of $3.0M is lower than terp's ($3.4M)). PM sent. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:55 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

This bid is not higher than the previous bid by terp (the "total contract amount" of $3.0M is lower than terp's ($3.4M)). PM sent. ;-D

Plus this one only adds up to $2.7M in the year-by-year breakdown :-o
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:05 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Nice catch...I didn't even look past $3M not beating $3.4M. I edited my PM to Bradford to point that out as well. ;-D

EDIT: The year-by-year breakdown is actually correct...the total contract amount should be $2.7M (3 x $900K). I'm guessing that Bradford thought he had the higher bid because his avg yearly salary was higher.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:29 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Nice catch...I didn't even look past $3M not beating $3.4M. I edited my PM to Bradford to point that out as well. ;-D

EDIT: The year-by-year breakdown is actually correct...the total contract amount should be $2.7M (3 x $900K). I'm guessing that Bradford thought he had the higher bid because his avg yearly salary was higher.

That's what I was thinking - either way something was off. I wonder if he meant for a fourth year at that rate, which would have been kosher :-?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League