League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:57 am

I'm editing both those contracts so the math is correct.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:58 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:Steven Jackson - RB, STL
Total Contract Amount: $12.7M
Average Yearly Salary: $4.23M
Contract Length: 3 Years
2012: 12.3m, 2013-2014: $200K
NTC: No

This contract is kinda messed up also. 3 x $4.23M =$12.69M, so 2012 should really be $12.29M. I don't really mind the small raises, but the math has to add up to the exact amount. I know you're trying to raise as little as possible, but I think you're making it harder on yourself with all the math.

Tell me about it. Might go with the 100K raises to make things easier. Honestly didn't think I'd keep getting bid over, so I thought this whole thing would be easier.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kareighuis » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:03 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

This contract is kinda messed up also. 3 x $4.23M =$12.69M, so 2012 should really be $12.29M. I don't really mind the small raises, but the math has to add up to the exact amount. I know you're trying to raise as little as possible, but I think you're making it harder on yourself with all the math.

The objective was to beat the 12.6mill previous bid by 100K, so wanted a total contract of 12.7M. Wanted to front-load the whole thing, with a minimum the final 2 years. 400K (.4M) taken from 12.7M equals 12.3. 12.7 divided by 3 equals 4.23333333... What's the best way to represent that repeating 3?
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:14 am

Kareighuis wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Tell me about it. Might go with the 100K raises to make things easier. Honestly didn't think I'd keep getting bid over, so I thought this whole thing would be easier.

Yeah, sometimes I jump the bid up, but for the most part I always raise $50K on bids under $1.0M, and then $100K after that. It just makes the math very easy. ;-D

With this year being year #6, and all original drafted players contracts coming to an end, there's a lot more good FA's available than in previous years. Combine that with the fact that some owners purposely made it so they have a ton of $$ to spend this offseason, and the beginning of the auction is taking longer than usual.

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:32 am

Guys, please try to be careful about not overbidding on players, based both on your available cap space AND roster spaces. Kareig has had 9-10 auctions where he's had the top bid at one time and only has 7 available spots. Before my cut of Karim I was one guy over a couple of times yesterday as well. I haven't checked other people as closely yet, but please be mindful of this and try to self-police as best as possible ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:42 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Guys, please try to be careful about not overbidding on players, based both on your available cap space AND roster spaces. Kareig has had 9-10 auctions where he's had the top bid at one time and only has 7 available spots. Before my cut of Karim I was one guy over a couple of times yesterday as well. I haven't checked other people as closely yet, but please be mindful of this and try to self-police as best as possible ;-D

rules wrote:During the offseason, rosters will temporarily expand from 35 players to 40 players, mainly to allow for the inclusion of drafted rookies. Teams will then have until a pre-determined date to "cut down" to 35 players again.

I think it's OK for an owner to overbid on roster spaces (but don't go crazy)...not salary cap obviously. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby WaCougMBS » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:50 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
rules wrote:During the offseason, rosters will temporarily expand from 35 players to 40 players, mainly to allow for the inclusion of drafted rookies. Teams will then have until a pre-determined date to "cut down" to 35 players again.

I think it's OK for an owner to overbid on roster spaces (but don't go crazy)...not salary cap obviously. ;-D

I just re-read the rules and noticed I jumped the gun on the roster size (with the temporary move to 40 in the offseason), but that is a hard number. So, Kareig is on solid ground for now.

Also, please don't process my cut of Karim right now in light of this discovery ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:32 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Reggie Bush, RB, MIA
Average Yearly Salary: $4.0M
Total Contract Amount: $12.0M
2012-13: $1.0M; 2014: $10.0M

This bid is illegal because it's backloaded too much (last 2 years are more than 60% of total contract amount). PM sent. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby aaawall91 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:33 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:
Is this even a legal bid? I've had questions about some of Kareig's small "raises" before this one, but this really takes the cake being 30K/year more than my bid - I could have sworn we had a 100K minimum raise to any contract offered, or am I just crazy? Especially when the years are the same ... :-?

Thanks a good question. I've read that minimum contract is 200K, I don't recall reading anywhere what the minimum raise was. :-? If this is invalid, I will correct forthwith.

It's not invalid (no minimum raise), but technically the years should read "2012-2013: $1.53M, 2014: $1.54M" because 3 x $1.53M = $4.59M. I noticed this earlier on some of the "small raise" bids, and I was just going to point it out if anyone wins with a bid like that. I think we talked about having a $50K minimum raise in the past, but we never had a poll on it as a possible rule change. If anyone thinks we should have a minimum raise for the FA auctions, just say so and we'll put up a poll. I'm fine either way, but if we do end up putting it to a poll, I would suggest a minimum raise of $50K for all contracts under $1.0M, and then a minimum raise of $100K after that. ;-D

I'm in favor of a poll for this
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:34 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Reggie Bush, RB, MIA
Average Yearly Salary: $4.0M
Total Contract Amount: $12.0M
2012-13: $1.0M; 2014: $10.0M

This bid is illegal because it's backloaded too much (last 2 years are more than 60% of total contract amount). PM sent. ;-D

Please ignore my PM. The bid is legal (forgot that our "backload" rule only applies to 4-5 year contracts). :-/ ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League