League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:54 am

logan wrote:I guess at some point I must have voted yes to the 48 hour bidding time change but I'm really not enjoying it this year. I mean a bid holds for 38 hours and then someone decides to up the bid? Nothing to be done I suppose just frustrating.

Tell me about it. I've been on both sides. I've gotten yanked into bidding wars to get my offseason targets.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:37 am

WaCougMBS wrote:Interested in possibly moving up 1-5 spots if anyone is interested in moving backwards for either my 1.6, future picks or whatever ;-D

Anyone interested?
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:03 pm

I just saw something that makes me think we should redo the poll. I'm going to discuss it with WaCoug. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:57 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I just saw something that makes me think we should redo the poll. I'm going to discuss it with WaCoug. ;-D

While I'm waiting for WaCoug to get back to me on this, I figured that I'd share my PM to him with the league to get everyone's thoughts:

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Subject: League Discussion

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I just saw something that makes me think we should redo the poll. I'm going to discuss it with WaCoug. ;-D

Toltec wrote:Piere Garcon, WR,WAS
Contract Length: 5 Years
Average Yearly Salary: $620K
Total Contract Amount: $3.1M
2012: $2.3M; 2013-2016: $200K
NTC: No

Edited Average Yearly Salary from $500K to $620K

After seeing the above bid, I think I screwed up making the poll "should all avg yearly salaries be mulitples of $50K & $100K?". The previous bid was:

Kareighuis wrote:Pierre Garcon, WR, WAS
Total Contract Amount: $3M
Average Yearly Salary: $1M
Contract Length: 3 Years
2012-2014: $1M

So do you think a bid like Toltec's should be legal? Under the proposed rule, he would've had to make the avg yearly salary $650K, and then the total contract amount would be $3.25M. But I don't see a problem with his bid. Thoughts? :-?

And if you agree, how should we word a new poll? It gets confusing because of the fact that we can have 1-5 year contracts. Just not sure how to resolve this issue.

I think the problem was because Kareig was making bids with 3 years and then $1.33333M for avg salary, which screws up all the math. Maybe we should just make it so no bids like that are allowed? :*) :-S !+)

Thoughts? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:40 am

logan wrote:I guess at some point I must have voted yes to the 48 hour bidding time change but I'm really not enjoying it this year. I mean a bid holds for 38 hours and then someone decides to up the bid? Nothing to be done I suppose just frustrating.

I think for the first week of free agency it should be a 24 hour clock, lots of players are going up and lots of activity.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:55 am

aaawall91 wrote:

I think for the first week of free agency it should be a 24 hour clock, lots of players are going up and lots of activity.

I agree that it can be frustrating, but we changed the rule because the majority felt that 24 hours wasn't enough time. Owners were missing out on players they didn't even know were up. Especially in the summer when most people are busy...they don't always have time to check in daily (or more). This was 1st brought up in the beginning of the 2010 season, when Ryan Grant went down in week 1, and Brandon Jackson became the hot WW pickup. steelerfan won him for the league minimum because most owners didn't even know that he was put up for auction. By the time they checked...it was too late. We changed it to 48 hours the following offseason. It's something that we can visit for next year, but even though I agree that 48 hours can be frustrating, I'm fine with it because it gives all owners more of a chance to be active in the auctions.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:47 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Terrell Suggs, DL, BAL
Total Contract Amount: $14M
Average Yearly Salary: $2.8M
Contract Length: 5 Years
2012-2016 $2.8M

This bid is the same as the previous bid. PM sent. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:54 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:Reggie Bush, RB, MIA
Contract Length: 4 Years
Average Yearly Salary: $5.0M
Total Contract Amount: $20.0M
2012-14: $2.5M; 2015: $12.5M

This bid needs to be changed because it's backloaded too much (last 2 years are more than 60% of total contract($20M x 60% = $12M)). The backloading rule is on 4-5 year contracts. PM sent. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:21 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:Reggie Bush, RB, MIA
Contract Length: 4 Years
Average Yearly Salary: $5.0M
Total Contract Amount: $20.0M
2012-14: $2.5M; 2015: $12.5M

This bid needs to be changed because it's backloaded too much (last 2 years are more than 60% of total contract($20M x 60% = $12M)). The backloading rule is on 4-5 year contracts. PM sent. ;-D

Fixed. Forgot to update ratios when I went for more years !+)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:23 pm

OK guys, because of the above example, I made a mistake when I made the poll question: "should all avg yearly salaries be multiples of $50K & $100K?". The poll question should've been: "should we have a minimum raise on same length contracts".

So, we're voting yes or no on a minimum raise of $50K to the avg yearly salary on contracts where the avg yearly salary is below $1M (on same length contracts only), and a minimum raise of $100K to the avg yearly salary on contracts where the avg yearly salary is above (and including) $1M (on same length contracts only).

We're not going to have a formal poll. Please post your vote here and/or discuss. I'll send everyone this post in a PM. ;-D

I vote yes.

Yes
FNJ
Toltec
WaCoug
aaawall
logan
SW
slick
dream

No

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League