League Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Defunct Dynasty League

League Discussion

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, WaCougMBS, Football Moderators

Re: League Discussion

Postby Toltec » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:36 pm

I have updated the spreadsheet and posted a link to google docs. Took roughly 5 hours. A lot of changes since July 25th.
Toltec
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:04 pm

Toltec wrote:I have updated the spreadsheet and posted a link to google docs. Took roughly 5 hours. A lot of changes since July 25th.

Thanks Toltec! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby WaCougMBS » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:39 am

Put Lewis on IR to make room for Hasselbeck signing ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Oct 26, 2012 3:23 pm

Just want to make sure that everyone sees my latest post in the "cuts" thread. I'll also send that post to everyone in a PM. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:24 pm

Hey everyone. I noticed this earlier, and I just got a PM from SW. Here's the PM and my response:

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
SeaWolf wrote:No worries, we all make mistakes.

Now speaking of mistakes, I have Danario Alexander. MFL showed him on the IR, soI had him sitting on IR. I noticed today that he was not listed on IR anymore. I did some research and saw he was cut on Aug 29th and was signed by SD this week.

I know I need to cut someone, but what do we want to do about me have an illiegal player on IR for seven weeks?

Yeah, I noticed that on MFL as well. We don't have a rule about guys coming off of IR, because in the past...once the NFL team puts the player on IR he's done for the year. This year they changed that rule, and they allow each team to designate one player to "come back" from IR.

Alexander doesn't fit this scenario. He was put on IR by STL, but then they gave him an injury settlement & waived him. Then he was removed from IR when SD picked him up. I looked at the rules on MFL, and you'll still be able to set your lineups each week (if you keep him on IR). I guess I'll post this PM in the forum to see what everyone else thinks.

I think it would be OK if you want to leave him on IR all year. Obviously you'd have to drop someone if you want to take him off IR. I'll post something in the forum. ;-D

My thoughts are noted above in red. I just think that in this situation, and the other situation I mentioned (new rule that allows each NFL team to have one IR player "come back"), we should just let the owner decide what they want to do with the player (keep him on IR or activate him).

Thoughts? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby aaawall91 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:31 pm

I disagree completely, If we are going to do that let's add a roster position and drop IR together.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:41 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I disagree completely, If we are going to do that let's add a roster position and drop IR together.

I don't think we should do that, but the more I thought about it, I'm changing my mind. I think that like in the past, a player can only be put on IR if he's actually on IR. If the player comes off IR, then I think owners will need to do the same (either take him off IR or cut him). ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Kareighuis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:03 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
aaawall91 wrote:I disagree completely, If we are going to do that let's add a roster position and drop IR together.

I don't think we should do that, but the more I thought about it, I'm changing my mind. I think that like in the past, a player can only be put on IR if he's actually on IR. If the player comes off IR, then I think owners will need to do the same (either take him off IR or cut him). ;-D

That makes much more sense to me. I've encountered problems in my flea league in that the "designated return" IR players can't be put on IR. Only those on season-ending IR can be put on IR.

I don't know if we'll have problems with MFL on that, but I do recall early last season I was able to put Colston on IR even though he wasn't in the NFL- I think he was designated "OUT".

Rather than force commish policing of players on IR, we could add two to the roster spots and remove the two IR spots altogether.
"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading." - Henny Youngman

I want a prehensile sucker tail, and I don't want to wait fifty million years.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:41 pm

I added Stephens-Howling to Ron's roster, but then I removed him because:

rules wrote:Bidding ends 48 Hours after the last bid is placed. Should this 48-hour "window" extend past kickoff of the game involving the player or 1 p.m. Eastern time on Sunday (whichever is earlier) any player(s) won will not be awarded until the following Tuesday.

Just wanted to mention it so everyone understands why I added him then dropped him on MFL. I'll add him back to Ron's roster tomorrow. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:29 pm

Ron needs to either drop someone or put one of R.Williams or L.Webb on IR before I can add S.Moss. PM/email sent. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

PreviousNext

Return to Defunct Dynasty League