Javon Walker to Dallas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Javon Walker to Dallas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Javon Walker to Dallas?

Postby Axl's Army » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:17 am

What if...Javon Walker gets released or traded?
There have been conflicting reports regarding the 29 year old's future with the Denver Broncos. He injured his knee in Week 3 and didn't really return to the field fully until Week 15. Walker can still flat out play and has a lot to offer to a squad in 2008. He'll either start across from young phenom Brandon Marshall and be a solid fantasy WR2 if healthy, or the Broncos will release him due to a $3.5 million roster bonus he's due. Word on the street is that Jerry Jones would swoop up Walker in a second and add him to the arsenal in Dallas, should Denver cut ties with him. Make no mistake about it, if this happens, Walker could regain fantasy WR1 status with Tony Romo tossing him the rock in Jason Garrett's offense. Most people don't realize it, but Terrell Owens is going on 34, and will slow down sooner or later. Walker, T.O., Patrick Crayton and Jason Witten would give the Cowboys the most powerful passing attack in the league.
http://www.nooffseason.com/IGsArchive172cont2.html

Yo Mama is so fat . . .
Axl's Army
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Javon Walker to Dallas?

Postby SniperShot » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:32 am

Wow what a pair of WR's that would be, TO and Walker? Good luck covering that... 8-o :-o
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)

Postby mattb47 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:41 am

SniperShot wrote:Wow what a pair of WR's that would be, TO and Walker? Good luck covering that... 8-o :-o

This of course assumes that they are both healthy at the same time.... ;-)

Walker has had his share of injury issues and TO isn't getting any younger....it would be a good pickup for the Cowboys but knee injuries do tend to linger....
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:29 pm

Ive heard his name tossed around quite a bit, but he's only a possibility if he indeed is released and im sure he would love to come play in Dallas...I doubt Jerry trades for him though, if Roy Williams or Chad cant be traded for, then free agency will be looked at....And while Walker's name will be there Stallworth is another name to keep in mind, and Bernard Berrian...both those guys are healthy and Stallworth is the best fit imo, pats will let him go so they dont take the cap hit and he doesnt have knee problems...

I wouldnt be against walker just at the right price, those guys get hit wrong once and are never the same that year, knee injuries are tough to deal with and thats probably why Denver wont pay that much to keep him...I dont think he's the top wr on Dallas wish list, but if he's released Dallas will probably go after him the hardest
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:44 pm

So they would get rid of one WR with a knee injury (Glenn) to pick up another WR with a knee injury (Walker)?

That doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm not recalling very well the extent of either injury, but I think Glenn is the better option, no?

If they wanted someone I think LS2 is on the right track with Stallworth or Berrian. Stallworth especially would do well to get out of that crowded WR corps in New England.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:08 pm

knapplc wrote:So they would get rid of one WR with a knee injury (Glenn) to pick up another WR with a knee injury (Walker)?

That doesn't make a lot of sense. I'm not recalling very well the extent of either injury, but I think Glenn is the better option, no?

If they wanted someone I think LS2 is on the right track with Stallworth or Berrian. Stallworth especially would do well to get out of that crowded WR corps in New England.

TO is getting up there in age, but imo he has at least 2 years of quality play left. unlike the old men named Harrison, Holt and Galloway, TO is a physical beast and keeps himself in top condition. even if he loses some speed, he is big enough to literally run over most defensive backs.

glenn is not a great option anymore, he was not doing much until the 2006-2007 season where he had a resurgence, then injuries took over again. i wouldn't trust glenn that much as a wide, and i'd rather take a chance on the younger javon than glenn. javon has said in this past year that the knee issues he was having this past season were unrelated to his previous ACL surgery.

if walker, berrian and stallworth all become FAs, i rank them walker > berrian >> stallworth. walker has shown his skill and should still have quality years ahead. berrian has also showed flashes of skill and would be a great deep threat to compliment TO/witten as possession wides. stallworth, for the past 2 or 3 seasons, has had a string of hamstring issues, i wouldn't mind having him on my team but i'd rather have someone who i know will play. javon also carries the injury risk, but skill-wise javon > stallworth so it's worth the risk imo

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wbgrafix » Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:49 pm

i swear, if the cowboys get another receiver and the eagles rest on their asses, i will be royally p*ssed
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Atog » Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:34 am

I think the Cowboys would be better off picking up a young franchise WR in the draft...Manningham, Jackson, etc.
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:40 pm

wbgrafix wrote:i swear, if the cowboys get another receiver and the eagles rest on their asses, i will be royally p*ssed

They made an offer for Roy Williams(Detroit wr) already earlier this week...Reggie Brown and a 4th rd pick for Roy Williams

Not the worst offer, but certainly not enough to land Roy imho, make it a 2nd and them MAYBE, but Detroit would probably prefer a straight up first and get a defensive stud...But it at least shows you guys are trying to go after a wr
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby wbgrafix » Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:35 pm

where did you hear that? i heard that trade was bogus.

the Eagles "trying" is a lot different from "real" trying. They tried to get Javon Walker from Green Bay by offering a 5th and Hollis Thomas. Yeah, that's trying. They do that so they can say they tried without looking bad.
wbgrafix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk