Javon Walker to Dallas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Javon Walker to Dallas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Javon Walker to Dallas?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Atog wrote:I think the Cowboys would be better off picking up a young franchise WR in the draft...Manningham, Jackson, etc.

Me to. I like the idea of using our 1st rounders on a WR and CB. But Javon would be a nice asset. I think Glenn is done and Crayton is better suited for the slot.

We will see.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:54 pm

Atog wrote:I think the Cowboys would be better off picking up a young franchise WR in the draft...Manningham, Jackson, etc.

NO way. THe Cowboys' window of opportunity to win is now. They can't wait 2-3 years to develop a guy. Plus Owens/Glenn aren't going to last long enough to develop a youngster, they need someone that can contribute now. I'm all for them drafting a WR to develop, just not in Round 1. The track record of busts at WR in round 1 is a very, very lengthy one. IF they were a 3-13 team I'd be telling you different, but they have two first round picks and they need to spend those on guys that can help this team win a SUper Bowl in 08 or 09, and there isn't a WR available that can help them do that.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:39 pm

What's all this talk about Glenn being a factor? Isn't he done for the season and probably his career? :-?

I've heard a ton of rumors about Jerry Jones wanting to make a big splash, this offseason, with their cap room and two 1st round draft picks as ammunition. Fitzgerald, Roy Williams, Chad Johnson, now Walker? are the list of top WRs that the Cowboys are supposedly interested in. How about TO and Chad Johnson on the same team? I couldn't see those two egos meshing well together; but, then again, I never thought the Cowboys would sign TO after the time, as a 49er, he basically pissed on the Dallas star. It's all speculation, of course. Flozell Adams is likely gone, clearing up a bit of cap room.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby totalair32 » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:55 pm

If we can't trade him, I hope he's released. He's been whining ever since Marshall took over, his knee is shaky, and we don't need a personality like that in a young locker room. Good riddance Javon.
totalair32
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby eaglesfan » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:11 pm

Report: Bucs considering trade for J. Walker

The Bucs and Broncos are in trade discussions involving Javon Walker, according to the St. Petersburg Times.

The sides have done business in the past, but it'd be a surprise if a deal actually happens. Walker is almost certain to be cut before his $5.4 million option bonus comes due March 4. If healthy, he'd be an excellent fit in Jon Gruden's West Coast attack, but his balky knee makes Walker a huge risk. Feb. 21 - 6:53 pm et
Source: St. Petersburg Times
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
W. Welker - R. Cobb - H. Nicks
M. Forte - D. Sproles - CJ Spiller - S. Ridley
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesfan » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:15 pm

Javon Walker-WR-Broncos Feb. 25 - 3:22 pm et

A league source tells Profootballtalk.com that owner Jerry Jones is working on a deal to bring Javon Walker to Dallas.

However, the source says it's possible Walker's knee won't allow him to pass a physical. There seems to be a lot of concern about Walker's long-term health within the league. He shouldn't cost more than a fifth-round pick.
Source: Profootballtalk.com
Related: Cowboys, Buccaneers
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby eaglesfan » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:03 pm

Javon Walker-WR-Broncos Feb. 27 - 6:48 pm et

ComcastSportsNet reports the Eagles will have interest in soon to be released Broncos receiver Javon Walker.

It appears there'll be a decent market for Walker despite his balky knee. The Cowboys, Redskins, and Bucs have also entertained trade ideas for Walker in the past few weeks. Walker's hefty roster bonus is due on March 4.
Source: Comcast Sports Net
Related: Cowboys, Eagles, Buccaneers, Redskins
10 Team, H2H, PPR
Lineup:
E. Manning - T. Romo
J. Finley - K. Rudolph
M. Bryant
Arizona - Green Bay
eaglesfan
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:38 pm

eaglesfan wrote:
Javon Walker-WR-Broncos Feb. 27 - 6:48 pm et

ComcastSportsNet reports the Eagles will have interest in soon to be released Broncos receiver Javon Walker.

It appears there'll be a decent market for Walker despite his balky knee. The Cowboys, Redskins, and Bucs have also entertained trade ideas for Walker in the past few weeks. Walker's hefty roster bonus is due on March 4.
Source: Comcast Sports Net
Related: Cowboys, Eagles, Buccaneers, Redskins

Let the battle royal begin
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby SLAMLLC » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:45 am

I heard a rumor today that if Moss hits the market before NE signs him again, Jerry Jones is looking to go after him aggressively. Moss and T.O. and Witten? How do you cover that?
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:54 pm

SLAMLLC wrote:I heard a rumor today that if Moss hits the market before NE signs him again, Jerry Jones is looking to go after him aggressively. Moss and T.O. and Witten? How do you cover that?

By beating the hell out of Romo.

That ain't happening.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk