Javon Walker to Dallas? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Javon Walker to Dallas?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Javon Walker to Dallas?

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:26 pm

eaglesrule wrote:
SLAMLLC wrote:I heard a rumor today that if Moss hits the market before NE signs him again, Jerry Jones is looking to go after him aggressively. Moss and T.O. and Witten? How do you cover that?

By beating the hell out of Romo.

That ain't happening.

Going to be tough to do when you need 10 guys in coverage.

I've heard this as well. The issue is whether Randy and TO could get together and play in order to make a run at the Super Bowl. With a signing like this the Cowboys could then use the picks on D and be the favourite going into next season. I can't imagine covering TO and Moss and Witten having to pay attention to Barber in the backfield. It'd be pretty much impossible to cover these guys. Beating the hell out of Romo? You going to have the Balls to send 5-6 guys after Romo with all those weapons running around the field? TO and Witten are not afraid to go over the middle if teams try to put too many guys into the blitz packages. It would be pretty crazy.

With all that said, there is NO WAY this happens. Moss will want a ton of money and TO I don't think would like being the second highest paid WR on the team. But if they both are really serious about playing for a trophy they may try to make it work. But I put it at less than 3 percent.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby SLAMLLC » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:20 pm

Of course this has almost no chance of happening, but, NE does not like to be bullied by players into paying extreemely high salaries. Dallas has no problem paying the money. Moss wants a ring and if NE doesn't step up to the plate for him, Dallas also can give him a shot at the ring. Dallas has the balls to try it. If NE wants him they should make an offer quick and get it done. Once teams such as Dallas get involved it turns into kind of a bidding war, and NE doesn't play that game. If Dallas gets an offer on the table I can see NE letting Moss walk rather than being leveraged. I know Brady wants Moss back. They need the deep threat to keep Welker causing havoc. It should be interesting though.

Add to that Dallas having 2 first round picks... Wow.
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:34 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
eaglesrule wrote:
SLAMLLC wrote:I heard a rumor today that if Moss hits the market before NE signs him again, Jerry Jones is looking to go after him aggressively. Moss and T.O. and Witten? How do you cover that?

By beating the hell out of Romo.

That ain't happening.

Going to be tough to do when you need 10 guys in coverage.

I've heard this as well. The issue is whether Randy and TO could get together and play in order to make a run at the Super Bowl. With a signing like this the Cowboys could then use the picks on D and be the favourite going into next season. I can't imagine covering TO and Moss and Witten having to pay attention to Barber in the backfield. It'd be pretty much impossible to cover these guys. Beating the hell out of Romo? You going to have the Balls to send 5-6 guys after Romo with all those weapons running around the field? TO and Witten are not afraid to go over the middle if teams try to put too many guys into the blitz packages. It would be pretty crazy.

With all that said, there is NO WAY this happens. Moss will want a ton of money and TO I don't think would like being the second highest paid WR on the team. But if they both are really serious about playing for a trophy they may try to make it work. But I put it at less than 3 percent.

Woa there Cowboy. I didn't say it would work, it just would be the only way you could do anything about it. You couldn't allocate the resources to stop those two, so you would almost have to concede it. cover them single, hope to just slam Romo as much as possible, even if it means a penalty, then outscore them.

I'm not saying it would happen, but playing conservative ain't gonna get it done in that scenario either.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:54 pm

Oh I see. Sorry, it's the Eagle fan bias in me to just jump to conclusions. :*)

I read something kind of funny from Whitlock regarding this. Something to the effect Eagles fans should burn down Lincoln Financial if they let the Cowboys sign Moss.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby eaglesrule » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:29 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:Oh I see. Sorry, it's the Eagle fan bias in me to just jump to conclusions. :*)

I read something kind of funny from Whitlock regarding this. Something to the effect Eagles fans should burn down Lincoln Financial if they let the Cowboys sign Moss.

I saw that as well. I's a little silly. There is a lot that could be done. I mean, this is just devil's advocate, I don't know what could be done with BOTH of them at the same time. But lets' hypothetically say the Eagles did sign Asante Samuel, and kept lito as well sheldon brown, and got some pass rush going. It wouldn't be Easy, but the birds have had success against each of those guys individually.

This much is sure, you need to get to Romo fast and hurt him (not necesarily take a cheap shot, just pound him), and have enough firepower yourself.

It would be ugly though. Could happen, but I don't think Dallas offers a better show than New England to win the Super Bowl (pretty similar), and doesn't offer as good as a QB. So it's really money.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SLAMLLC » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:51 am

It's funny to think what could be. Even if you could somehow cover Moss and T.O. on the Cowboys, What would you be able to do with say? Terry Glen in the slot or Witten running down the middle. It would be something to see. On top of that say the Cowboy close the deal with Javon Walker to be the slot. Barber running angry in the backfield and catching balls out in the flat. What a show it would be. We can all dream a little...
SLAMLLC Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby eaglesrule » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:10 am

I doubt they would keep glenn is such a scenario. Witten would be the proverbial welker in this scenario.

Would be ugly though.

Only one problem, and its a good one to have, is that the defense would be on the field so much, since Owens and Moss have different skill sets, they would score awfully quickly most of the time. Defense would be exhausted. Towards the end of the season, those snaps would add up.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mikus » Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:32 pm

Now the Cowboys can acquire Walker without a trade:

RotoWorld wrote:Broncos released WR Javon Walker, according to ESPN's Michael Smith.

He's a big name, but Walker's contract and knee injury made it an easy choice by Denver. That no one chose to give up a late-round pick for Walker is telling. It's rumored that he could need microfracture surgery in the future, although he will have plenty of suitors lined up with MRI machines. Dallas, Washington, Philadelphia, and Tampa Bay have been rumored to be interested.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:13 pm

I read Javon got released and was VERY surprised. He'll latch on somewhere with a incentive-laden deal -- hopefully with the Vikings.
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby knapplc » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:23 pm

SLAMLLC wrote:It's funny to think what could be. Even if you could somehow cover Moss and T.O. on the Cowboys, What would you be able to do with say? Terry Glen in the slot or Witten running down the middle. It would be something to see. On top of that say the Cowboy close the deal with Javon Walker to be the slot. Barber running angry in the backfield and catching balls out in the flat. What a show it would be. We can all dream a little...

Since the Cowboys just signed Crayton to a four-year deal I doubt they're all that serious about a 34-year-old Glenn coming off of a knee injury.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk