Shuttle launch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Shuttle launch

Moderator: Football Moderators

Shuttle launch

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:12 pm

I love watching these. Recorded the HDNet coverage (which is awesome if you've never seen the coverage from NASA broadcast in HD).

After two months of delay, shuttle Atlantis blasted into orbit Thursday with Europe's gift to the international space station, a $2 billion science lab named Columbus that spent years waiting to set sail.

I know shuttle launches aren't exactly news but I'm a geek when it comes to NASA and the ISS.

The article I quoted above.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Shuttle launch

Postby deerayfan072 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:00 pm

scottaa1 wrote:I love watching these. Recorded the HDNet coverage (which is awesome if you've never seen the coverage from NASA broadcast in HD).

After two months of delay, shuttle Atlantis blasted into orbit Thursday with Europe's gift to the international space station, a $2 billion science lab named Columbus that spent years waiting to set sail.

I know shuttle launches aren't exactly news but I'm a geek when it comes to NASA and the ISS.

The article I quoted above.

I grew up by Patrick AFB, which is right next to NASA. People would come to visit and be amazed by the launches and I never got why until one day I realized that you can't see the shuttle launch everyday. I always took it for granted because they used to launch things all the time
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mikus » Thu Feb 07, 2008 10:53 pm

I watched this today at work with my boss. It was great. I used to watch a lot more when I was a kid. Now I am lucky enough to have a boss and co-workers who are as obsessed with the space program as I am.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby scottaa1 » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:29 pm

Another launch tonight, like I said, if you've never seen the launch coverage on HDNet, it's pretty cool ;-D
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:42 pm

And end of an era is almost upon.

Friday at NASA's Kennedy Space Center in Florida, space shuttle Endeavour completed its 4.2-mile trek from the Vehicle Assembly Building to Launch Pad 39B. With Atlantis on nearby Launch Pad 39A, this marks the final time that two shuttles will be on the launch pads at the same time, as the shuttle program draws to a close next year.

First shuttle launch was April 12th, 1981. I was ten years old and in .. fifth :-? ... grade.

If you go here to the NASA main shuttle page and scroll down a little, there's a link to View Larger Image of a picture of the two shuttles on the launch pads. Too big to try to link/post it here. Is a neat image though.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Return to General Talk