College - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

College

Moderator: Football Moderators

College

Postby teddy ballgame » Sat Feb 09, 2008 1:21 pm

Well I know there's some other seniors in high school here and I was just checking in to see if anyone's been accepted anywhere, or where you've applied.

I just got my first response today, and found out that I got accepted to the University of Maryland! :-D

It's my second choice at the moment, behind American University, but I definitely haven't decided on it yet. So anyone else hear anything? Any juniors know where they're going to apply?
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: College

Postby SniperShot » Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:41 pm

College Park! Congratz! A very fine university indeed I remember checking them out when I was originally looking for colleges. They have a good Comp Science/IT/Math programs (my areas of interest) I know a couple people who have gone/currently go there. I personally stayed in Virginia- at George Mason. Wasn't my top selection but I'm able to commute from home. (and save thousands...) They have some great professors and I'm definitely enjoying my experience.

Choosing which college to go to can be a really tough decision to make but just know whatever you decide will most likely work out. Can't really go wrong actually there's pros and cons to pretty much any college. Just find a school that offers decent programs in what you're interested in and take it from there. Best of luck to you, Freshman year of college can be a whirl! :-)
SniperShot
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:11 pm

Gratz on MD ;-D

Where do you live? Because I live about an hour away from college park and about 20 mins away from the AU campus.

I'm a junior right now, but my top 3 as of now are probably USC, Michigan, and Wisconsin (most likely in that order, although Michigan and USC are really close).

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Tiki » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:21 pm

Don't go to UW.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:59 pm

Tiki wrote:Don't go to UW.

Why not? :-?

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:01 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:Well I know there's some other seniors in high school here and I was just checking in to see if anyone's been accepted anywhere, or where you've applied.

I just got my first response today, and found out that I got accepted to the University of Maryland! :-D

It's my second choice at the moment, behind American University, but I definitely haven't decided on it yet. So anyone else hear anything? Any juniors know where they're going to apply?

Congrats man, UMD is a great school. I'm a junior and I live pretty close to AFF, so everyone at our high school uses it as a safety, but it's a competitive school out of state from what I've heard. I probably won't go to Maryland or American b/c they're too close to home (I could bike from my house to American pretty easily :-B ).

My top choices right now without visits are Missouri, Syracuse, and Northwestern for their journalism programs, but I haven't visited any schools yet, so that could and likely will change.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby scottaa1 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:29 pm

Congratulations on your acceptance to U of M. Even if you don't end up attending that particular school, it's still worthy of gratz.

Just use your head once you get to whatever school you end up attending. Don't make the same stupid mistakes I did. :-o

You're about to enter a very important and very exciting (and very fun!!) stage of your life. Enjoy!
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:53 pm

Congratulations teddy. I think it'd be helpful to speak to some current students as well as alumns if you haven't already. Biggest decision of your life so far so use every resource you have. Congrats on the acceptance to UM. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby teddy ballgame » Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:32 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Gratz on MD ;-D

Where do you live? Because I live about an hour away from college park and about 20 mins away from the AU campus.

I'm a junior right now, but my top 3 as of now are probably USC, Michigan, and Wisconsin (most likely in that order, although Michigan and USC are really close).

I live in Massachusetts but I really liked the Baltimore and DC areas when I visited them and there's a ton of opportunities there for the stuff I'm interested in. I also looked at USC but wound up not applying there. I'm not really sure why. I guess I decided I liked the DC area better and only applied to 3 schools because I thought it was stupid to pay the $50 fee to places I wouldn't go. Some people I know applied to like 11 schools which would cost over $500.

steelerfan513 wrote:My top choices right now without visits are Missouri, Syracuse, and Northwestern for their journalism programs, but I haven't visited any schools yet, so that could and likely will change.

I have a friend who wants to get into either journalism or advertising and his first choice is Syracuse. I haven't talked to him much about it, but besides being in upstate New York, he really liked it.
teddy ballgame
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tiki » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:50 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
Tiki wrote:Don't go to UW.

Why not? :-?

I am just not a fan of it. I had fun there for the big Halloween, but from what I saw nothing that impressive. I have a good amount of friends there, and it just doesn't seem like there is a whole lot to do in Madtown....But, hey I am not a fan of Wisconsin, so that could be it too.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk