College - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

College

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: College

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Junior right now. Looking at University of Cincy and Ohio State mainly. Anyone else looking at either of those?
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Atog » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:24 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:Well I know there's some other seniors in high school here and I was just checking in to see if anyone's been accepted anywhere, or where you've applied.

I just got my first response today, and found out that I got accepted to the University of Maryland! :-D

It's my second choice at the moment, behind American University, but I definitely haven't decided on it yet. So anyone else hear anything? Any juniors know where they're going to apply?

Congrats man, UMD is a great school. I'm a junior and I live pretty close to AFF, so everyone at our high school uses it as a safety, but it's a competitive school out of state from what I've heard. I probably won't go to Maryland or American b/c they're too close to home (I could bike from my house to American pretty easily :-B ).

My top choices right now without visits are Missouri, Syracuse, and Northwestern for their journalism programs, but I haven't visited any schools yet, so that could and likely will change.

I thought about those three because I wasn't sure if I wanted to go to a school with a nice journalism program but I ultimately decided against it and went to a good small school that isn't quite as far away as those three.

As for Wisconsin, I've spent lots of time in Ann Arbor and around Michigan and I love the atmosphere (but the huge classes don't do it for me), and I've heard that Madison is like Ann Arbor with lakes, which sounds really neat.

The only thing I'd say I regret about going to a small school is that we have pathetic athletics (I was raised on Michigan athletics, and our teams here are probably worse than some of the better Detroit-area high school teams...quite a step down), and that the city I'm in (Kalamazoo) isn't nearly as happening as Ann Arbor/Madison/Detroit/etc.
I probably should have applied to Georgetown, but whatever...I still have grad school B-)
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby josebach » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:24 pm

I don't have much positive to add, but when I saw the thread title, all I could think about was this...

:-b
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:32 pm

josebach wrote:I don't have much positive to add, but when I saw the thread title, all I could think about was this...

7 years of college...down the drain! :-b

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Atog » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:13 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
josebach wrote:I don't have much positive to add, but when I saw the thread title, all I could think about was this...

College: A four-year party with a $100,000 cover charge :-D
Atog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
(Past Year: 1)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:30 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Junior right now. Looking at University of Cincy and Ohio State mainly. Anyone else looking at either of those?

Knowing very little about the school other than the fact that they are Michigan's rivals, I would have to strongly advise against you going to OSU.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby nebgib5 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:06 pm

A junior myself. Trying to figure out where in the heck I should apply to/figuring out if it is justifiable to spend a lot more money to go somewhere private out of state instead of UMass. :-S
nebgib5
Water Boy
Water Boy

Pick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:16 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:Junior right now. Looking at University of Cincy and Ohio State mainly. Anyone else looking at either of those?

Knowing very little about the school other than the fact that they are Michigan's rivals, I would have to strongly advise against you going to OSU.

FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:17 pm

Atog wrote:

College: A four-year party with a $100,000 cover charge :-D

haha. Great analysis ;-D
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:21 pm

I just started to look at some colleges over the past few months. Interested in possibly going to Northeastern, Delaware, Rowan, but my number one choice is probably West Va. ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk