Know how I know karma doesn't exist? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Know how I know karma doesn't exist?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Know how I know karma doesn't exist?

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:12 am

UXBRIDGE, Mass. -- A convicted Level 3 sex offender has won $10 million in the Massachusetts State Lottery.

The Worcester Gazette & Telegram reports 56-year-old Daniel Snay, of Uxbridge, could now face charges because he failed to notify authorities that he had moved, according to Connecticut State Police.

“I’m flabbergasted,” Connecticut State Police Lt. Paul Vance told the Telegram. “His whereabouts, until you told me about this, have been unknown to us. But I guess you could say he’s very fortunate.”

Snay works driving trucks for a yacht dealership in Mendon. He won the $10 million from a $20 scratch ticket purchased at Cumberland Farms in Hopedale.

But the lottery winnings also come with unwanted publicity.

“He was concerned, but there’s not much you can do about it,” said Snay’s lawyer Joseph M. Fabricotti. “We talked about it and he understood this was one of the repercussions that could happen.”

Snay’s record of sexual assaults dates back to 1974. He has been convicted six times of indecent assault and battery in Massachusetts. Level 3 offenders are considered the most dangerous and the most likely to commit another crime.
Copyright 2008 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/15 ... etail.html

Throughout my 34+ years of life on this planet, if there's one thing I've learned is that good things are just as likely to happen to bad people as they are good people and bad things are just as likeky to happen to good people as they are bad people. There is no ryhme or reason to it... at least one that's discernable while we're here. If there's an afterlife or some way the energy inside of us lives on, then you can probably bet this isn't our only shot at life on this planet... regardless as to how good or bad you are this time around.

People should attempt to be the best person they can for two reasons:
1) Because you want to make the world a better place.
2) Becuase you want to feel good about yourself.

That's it.

*edit*
Sorry if I sounded preachy. Sometimes you just feel compelled to vocalize a truth when the general concensus has a different interpretation. (what logic and reason tell me is the truth, anyway). It's like an itch that needs to be scratched.
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Know how I know karma doesn't exist?

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:50 pm

He should have to give it all to the people he has assaulted...
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:53 pm

FantasyMan13 wrote:He should have to give it all to the people he has assaulted...

I think thats what got him in trouble in the first place. 8-o

HEY-O! :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby FantasyMan13 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:59 pm

Metroid wrote:
FantasyMan13 wrote:He should have to give it all to the people he has assaulted...

I think thats what got him in trouble in the first place. 8-o

HEY-O! :-b

Ba dum ching!

LOL
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:15 pm

The good news is Nearly one-third of lottery winners become bankrupt. The bad news is he has a 66% chance of avoiding this.

“The CFP Board made an offer to the National Association of State and Provincial Lotteries to provide the organization's members with information to distribute to winners. The Investment News article highlighted the lack of financial guidance many winners receive from state lottery agencies; estimates show that nearly one-third of lottery winners become bankrupt.”

Source: Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc
http://www.cfp-board.org/bulletin.html
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:57 pm

money isn't everything. in fact alot of lottery winners end up becoming miserable after they win.

There are two reasons I know karma DOES exist...

1 Titus 6:10 "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

and

Galatians 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:59 pm

People are stupid that's why they can't handle the wealth.

Lucky scum.....
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby josebach » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:24 pm

bagobonez wrote:money isn't everything. in fact alot of lottery winners end up becoming miserable after they win.

1 Titus 6:10 "For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows."

and

Galatians 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

You're using the Bible to prove a Hindu/Buddhist concept? :-?
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:44 pm

josebach wrote:
bagobonez wrote:money isn't everything. in fact alot of lottery winners end up becoming miserable after they win.

and

You're using the Bible to prove a Hindu/Buddhist concept? :-?

I was about to say, Christians don't believe in the idea of Karma. :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:18 pm

I was thinking the same thing as the guys above. LOL!
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to General Talk