Know how I know karma doesn't exist? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Know how I know karma doesn't exist?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Know how I know karma doesn't exist?

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:05 am

I have to say I am with jose on this one. There are a few things that irk me about religion. The first is the idea that I am not in control of my own life. I hate hearing about "God's Plan" for me. I make my own choices and all my successes and failures are because of the choices I made and the work I put in. God didn't give me the strength to get straight A's or be a star athlete. I worked hard for that and nobody else is getting the credit for it but me.

The second thing that irks me about religion is just how many problems it can cause. It was mentioned way back in this thread that if people accepted Jesus and abstained from sex before marriage we wouldn't have kids born to unprepared parents and all that jazz. HAVE YOU COUNTED HOW MANY WARS HAVE BEEN FOUGHT OVER RELIGION? Seriously, how many people died during the Crusades? Don't give me that holier than though argument about accepting Jesus and all our problems would be fixed. Religion causes way more problems than it fixes.

Disclaimer- I'm not trying to attack anyone personally. I just have strong feelings about religion.

Disclaimer #2- I know I speak in generalities about "religion" but through the eyes of an atheist, all religions have pretty much the same effect on the world.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:34 am

Not a single Christian will ever suggest that everyone who has called themself a Christian has been a good example of one or done the right thing.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:Not a single Christian will ever suggest that everyone who has called themself a Christian has been a good example of one or done the right thing.

I'm walking proof of that. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Previous

Return to General Talk