*Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to General Talk

*Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Moderator: Football Moderators

?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Die Hard
21
91%
Big Trouble in Little China
2
9%
 
Total votes : 23

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby josebach » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:08 pm

treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:Are the brackets somewhere?



you with your brackets


Hey, now. You said thanks for reminding you when I asked where they were in that PM. Not so thankful now, are we? :-b Did you ever post them? If you don't feel like it, don't sweat it. I'll be ok... :-/ I think... :,-( no, that's a lie... :~(

:-B
Image
josebach
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 4611
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee, FL

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby Metroid » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:10 pm

josebach wrote:
treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:Are the brackets somewhere?



you with your brackets


Hey, now. You said thanks for reminding you when I asked where they were in that PM. Not so thankful now, are we? :-b Did you ever post them? If you don't feel like it, don't sweat it. I'll be ok... :-/ I think... :,-( no, that's a lie... :~(

:-B

in the movie battle discussion thread. ;-D
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:10 pm

I absolutely love Big Trouble in Little China, but it doesn't stand a chance against the original Die Hard.
Image
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14333
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Room 7609

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby FantasyMan13 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Die Hard = da bomb!!!
FantasyMan13
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4171
(Past Year: 40)
Joined: 10 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby treat24 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:11 pm

josebach wrote:
treat24 wrote:
josebach wrote:Are the brackets somewhere?



you with your brackets


Hey, now. You said thanks for reminding you when I asked where they were in that PM. Not so thankful now, are we? :-b Did you ever post them? If you don't feel like it, don't sweat it. I'll be ok... :-/ I think... :,-( no, that's a lie... :~(

:-B



haha yeah I know... it's where met said.,. :-D
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby Metroid » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:13 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I absolutely love Big Trouble in Little China, but it doesn't stand a chance against the original Die Hard.

Very true. Seriously there should have been a separate category for movies like Big Trouble and Hellboy.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby treat24 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:14 pm

Metroid wrote:
Dr. Duran Duran wrote:I absolutely love Big Trouble in Little China, but it doesn't stand a chance against the original Die Hard.

Very true. Seriously there should have been a separate category for movies like Big Trouble and Hellboy.



tell me about it... some of these movies don't fit typical genres
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18188
Joined: 6 Oct 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:15 pm

Yippie Chi Yay... :-D
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 22027
Joined: 3 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Has Left The Premises.

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:16 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly that I was wearing a pink t-shirt underneath a gray jacket, with some stone-washed jeans and black, pin-striped sneakers.

Man, the 80s were fashionably awesome, weren't they? :-b


Was it one of those grey sport jackets there were popular in 1985-86, sort of based on a Don Johnson/Miami Vice look? I forget the name of the popular mall store that sold them... I had one too.
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: *Movie Battle (Action): #3 Die Hard vs #30 Big Trouble in Li

Postby knapplc » Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:27 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
knapplc wrote:I'm pretty sure if I remember correctly that I was wearing a pink t-shirt underneath a gray jacket, with some stone-washed jeans and black, pin-striped sneakers.

Man, the 80s were fashionably awesome, weren't they? :-b


Was it one of those grey sport jackets there were popular in 1985-86, sort of based on a Don Johnson/Miami Vice look? I forget the name of the popular mall store that sold them... I had one too.

That's the one. I'm pretty sure I got it at The Brass Buckle (The Buckle, nowadays).
Image
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 18961
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's an L, not an I

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 19:22 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact