Who is the #2 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #2 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #2 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Poll ended at Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:38 pm

RB Jonathan Stewart
68%
RB Rashard Mendenhall
23%
RB Felix Jones
5%
RB Jamaal Charles
No votes
WR Malcom Kelly
5%
RB Mike Hart
No votes
other (please discuss)
No votes

Total votes : 22

Re: Who is the #2 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:37 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:I went Malcolm Kelly again.

To show my point:

Last season outside of AD there was only 1 impact rookie RB in fantasy and that was Lynch. In a PPR league, which is basically all I play:

Dwayne Bowe Scored 199.5 points

Lynch 191.9 points

I am guessing when you look at their scores relative to other players at their position, Lynch would have been a more valuable commodity last year, and looking at their raw numbers is deceiving because Lynch missed time. Also, I doubt many people took Bowe ahead of Calvin Johnson who was generally the 2nd rookie off the board. I like Kelly, but I'll take guys who are feature backs ahead of him, especially considering he could use a little polish and productive WR's grow on trees these days.

As far as the #2 is concerned, I go with Stewart as I had him not far behind McFadden. If he gets in the right scheme he could be a monster.

Name one of these guys that will be a feature back next year

and my point was more towards the fact that Lynch is better than these guys and was in a better situation than they will find themselves in.

I think all will be feature backs (i.e take 2/3 of the carries) before long. None of them are AD (let's be honest, who is :-) ) but I think both McFadden and Stewart have the potential to match what Lynch has done.

And mainly, I just want to argue with you. :-D
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:53 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
I think all will be feature backs (i.e take 2/3 of the carries) before long. None of them are AD (let's be honest, who is :-) ) but I think both McFadden and Stewart have the potential to match what Lynch has done.

And mainly, I just want to argue with you. :-D

:-b Dick

No one is AD and we can all agree on that ;-)

I just don't think there are enough teams out there that have a situation where they would use these guys 2/3 carries next year, in the right spot to draft them. I see them being good backs down the road, but by then Kelly will have been in the league a bit too ;-)

Obviously the easy thing is to take these backs, I am trying to make a case for my boy. Like I said though, I would draft one of the back (at #2 it would be stewart) then I would package them to the guy who has Kelly for Kelly and something else
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:24 pm

Deeray, what I think you're forgetting when you're arguing Kelly is that the question is for keeper/dynasty leagues. Bear in mind, even if Kelly outperforms Stewart/Mendenhall this year, that doesn't make him better for dynasties.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:34 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Deeray, what I think you're forgetting when you're arguing Kelly is that the question is for keeper/dynasty leagues. Bear in mind, even if Kelly outperforms Stewart/Mendenhall this year, that doesn't make him better for dynasties.

Right. I think he will be a top Wide out in the league, but I don't feel that way about any of these backs.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby LoveBoatCaptain » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:55 pm

I've voted for Stewart, but... no love for Matt Ryan? He should at least be an option for some of the early picks, right? :-?
LoveBoatCaptain
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:59 pm

LoveBoatCaptain wrote:I've voted for Stewart, but... no love for Matt Ryan? He should at least be an option for some of the early picks, right? :-?

Ryan isn't even the best QB available in the draft. He is overrated
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:00 am

BigBadBrawler wrote:Stewart, and I think after the combine and workouts, that will become more apparrent...

I agree completely.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:02 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:Deeray, what I think you're forgetting when you're arguing Kelly is that the question is for keeper/dynasty leagues. Bear in mind, even if Kelly outperforms Stewart/Mendenhall this year, that doesn't make him better for dynasties.

ahh, who am I kidding, I would take the running back in Fantasy Football :-)

Kelly will be awesome, but as I said I would take the back first because of it being FF

McFadden then Stewart
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:30 am

dee, does your love for Kelly change any if he actually does end up in Buffalo, like what seems to be the rage of pundits doing some mocks right now?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:21 am

SwiperNoSwiping wrote:dee, does your love for Kelly change any if he actually does end up in Buffalo, like what seems to be the rage of pundits doing some mocks right now?

No. I think they will be improved in the pass game with Edwards getting more time
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk