Smoking In The Car With Kids - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Smoking In The Car With Kids

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Smoking In The Car With Kids

Postby Tiki » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:51 pm

I couldn't live my life thinking every man or woman I see is a potential harm to me or my family. I understand parks, malls, big stores, and all that stuff. Like I said maybe if I have kids I'll be getting all over-protective, especially if they are young. But, until then I am saying that you guys are paranoid.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Tiki wrote:I couldn't live my life thinking every man or woman I see is a potential harm to me or my family. I understand parks, malls, big stores, and all that stuff. Like I said maybe if I have kids I'll be getting all over-protective, especially if they are young. But, until then I am saying that you guys are paranoid.

So until then we're wrong, but once you get old enough to know better, we're right? Yeah, that works for me. :-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby bagobonez » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:02 am

I've got a friend who can't have kids of her own so she's a foster parent. Every time she gets a foster child, she ends up losing the child back to their original parents. In the most recent case, she received a 4 month old baby who had been exposed to so much second hand smoke in just 4 months, that the baby actually had nicotine withdrawals once she was removed from her bio parents. The little baby would start shaking from a nicotine withdrawal. Tell me how that's fair? I'm not saying the government needs to step in on every little thing, but at some point SOMEONE has to protect these innocent kids that can't protect themselves.

The bio parent of the aforementioned girl also had 2 sons that were around 3-5 years old. He wanted to go party but didn't have a babysitter, so he left his sons in the care of a known pedophile while he went and partied. Needless to say both boys were sodomized and now have serious psychological issues, and they haven't even reached their 7th birthday.

Again, not saying the government needs complete control, but at some point someone has to do something about crap like this.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Tiki » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:36 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Tiki wrote:I couldn't live my life thinking every man or woman I see is a potential harm to me or my family. I understand parks, malls, big stores, and all that stuff. Like I said maybe if I have kids I'll be getting all over-protective, especially if they are young. But, until then I am saying that you guys are paranoid.

So until then we're wrong, but once you get old enough to know better, we're right? Yeah, that works for me. :-D

I never really said you were wrong, just said I don't think you should tell another person how to handle their kid. I understand your point, just couldn't do it myself.

Now, leaving your kids with a pedophile deserves a good beating.... :-P :-t
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:42 pm

Those parents should just die.

The world needs more orphans. ;-7
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:05 pm

Just noticed a neighbor lady out walking their dog... she looks to be 6+ months pregnant and is having a smoke while she walks Rover. :-t
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:11 pm

scottaa1 wrote:Just noticed a neighbor lady out walking their dog... she looks to be 6+ months pregnant and is having a smoke while she walks Rover. :-t

I had a friend who continued to smoke weed while she was pregnant. She claimed she did the research and it doesn't hurt the child. I'm sorry, but if there was even the slightest possibility that doing something like smoking could harm my unborn kid I wouldn't do it. It's so selfish. If you can't quit smoking, why'd you get pregnant?
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:46 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Just noticed a neighbor lady out walking their dog... she looks to be 6+ months pregnant and is having a smoke while she walks Rover. :-t

I had a friend who continued to smoke weed while she was pregnant. She claimed she did the research and it doesn't hurt the child. I'm sorry, but if there was even the slightest possibility that doing something like smoking could harm my unborn kid I wouldn't do it. It's so selfish. If you can't quit smoking, why'd you get pregnant?

Because she was smoking weed. :-B
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Popcynical » Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:55 pm

I smoke weed and I've never been pregnant. :-b
Popcynical
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:13 pm

Popcynical wrote:I smoke weed and I've never been pregnant. :-b

You should consider yourself lucky. O:-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk