Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Poll ended at Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 pm

RB Jamaal Charles
30%
RB Tashard Choice
5%
RB Chris Johnson
5%
QB Matt Ryan
5%
WR Malcolm Kelly
45%
WR DeSean Jackson
5%
other (please discuss)
5%

Total votes : 20

Postby The Lung » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:52 pm

#1: RB Darren McFadden
#2: RB Jonathan Stewart
#3: RB Rashard Mendenhall
#4: RB Felix Jones

"Dynasty Rankings by Democracy" continues! Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? Feel free to discuss the pros and cons of these prospects - this could be helpful for some and generate some good discussion. If you vote "other" please discuss the player after you vote, and if he doesn't win as a write-in, I'll add his name to the next poll.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby The Lung » Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:57 pm

I went with Texas RB Jamaal Charles. Against Big 12 competition, he had over 1600 yards this year with 18 touchdowns and seven 100-yard games. As a former track star, the dude has world class speed which should be on display at the Combine nest weekend.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 68)

Postby mikus » Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:13 pm

I voted other b/c I had not voted for Felix Jones in the top 4 and this is where I would put him.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:20 am

Mark up another vote for Charles. I'm not excited about Kelly or any of the top-WR prospects this year (or the top QB prospects either for that matter) so the #5 spot to me is likely going to come down to whatever RB not in the top-4 lands in the best situation. Since we don't know what the situations will be yet, I'll throw my support behind Charles...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:09 am

Kelly

Also, I would take Johnson over Charles
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mattb47 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:10 am

mikus wrote:I voted other b/c I had not voted for Felix Jones in the top 4 and this is where I would put him.

I believe this is supposed to be the type of thing where given the players already gone....who would you put next. Doesn't make sense to "vote" for Felix after he is already at #4.

I voted for Kelly, but alot of that has to do with not being as big of fans of the rest of the RBs left. If I liked them more, I'd probably go RB again but for all the speed Charles has, it rarely translates well to the NFL to being a good NFL RB. I'd probably take Kelly here unless there is a RB that just goes to an absolutely perfect situation.
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan513 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:16 pm

At this point, it really is a crapshoot. If any of the running backs left end up in good situations where they could get carries right away, they will go ahead of any of the QBs or WRs there. If they don't, Kelly is a better pick.

I'm gonna vote for Kelly because I don't see more than 4 running backs ending up in stellar situations.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:31 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:At this point, it really is a crapshoot. If any of the running backs left end up in good situations where they could get carries right away, they will go ahead of any of the QBs or WRs there. If they don't, Kelly is a better pick.

I'm gonna vote for Kelly because I don't see more than 4 running backs ending up in stellar situations.

good man
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:42 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
steelerfan513 wrote:At this point, it really is a crapshoot. If any of the running backs left end up in good situations where they could get carries right away, they will go ahead of any of the QBs or WRs there. If they don't, Kelly is a better pick.

good man

I voted for kelly too, can I get some deeprops? :-b
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:24 pm

treat24 wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:

good man

I voted for kelly too, can I get some deeprops? :-b

You the man. Very intelligent :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Football Talk