Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 pm

RB Jamaal Charles
30%
RB Tashard Choice
5%
RB Chris Johnson
5%
QB Matt Ryan
5%
WR Malcolm Kelly
45%
WR DeSean Jackson
5%
other (please discuss)
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby mikus » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:11 pm

mattb47 wrote:
mikus wrote:I voted other b/c I had not voted for Felix Jones in the top 4 and this is where I would put him.

I believe this is supposed to be the type of thing where given the players already gone....who would you put next. Doesn't make sense to "vote" for Felix after he is already at #4.

I voted for Kelly, but alot of that has to do with not being as big of fans of the rest of the RBs left. If I liked them more, I'd probably go RB again but for all the speed Charles has, it rarely translates well to the NFL to being a good NFL RB. I'd probably take Kelly here unless there is a RB that just goes to an absolutely perfect situation.

Yeah, I thought of it that way after I submitted my vote. How convenient. :-t
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby mattb47 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:00 pm

mikus wrote:
mattb47 wrote:
mikus wrote:I voted other b/c I had not voted for Felix Jones in the top 4 and this is where I would put him.

I believe this is supposed to be the type of thing where given the players already gone....who would you put next. Doesn't make sense to "vote" for Felix after he is already at #4.

I voted for Kelly, but alot of that has to do with not being as big of fans of the rest of the RBs left. If I liked them more, I'd probably go RB again but for all the speed Charles has, it rarely translates well to the NFL to being a good NFL RB. I'd probably take Kelly here unless there is a RB that just goes to an absolutely perfect situation.

Yeah, I thought of it that way after I submitted my vote. How convenient. :-t

Nice....wasted your vote in an extremely important poll....what were you thinking mikus? }:-) :-b
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby onnestabe » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Kelly...

I think there's a big gap between the top 4 RBs and the next RBs, so now would be the time to start grabbing WRs. I went with Kelly over Jackson mostly so that deeray would stop spamming up these threads with Malcolm Kelly advertisements... :-b ;-D ;-7
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:11 pm

onnestabe wrote:Kelly...

I think there's a big gap between the top 4 RBs and the next RBs, so now would be the time to start grabbing WRs. I went with Kelly over Jackson mostly so that deeray would stop spamming up these threads with Malcolm Kelly advertisements... :-b ;-D ;-7

:-D Thanks :-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Humpback » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:16 pm

I think that after the first 3, it's going to mainly be decided by who ends up where. I agree with F. Jones right now at #4, but that could obviously change after the draft. There are still a few talented RBs available after the top 4, so if they end up in good situations, I'd probably take one of them over any WR or QB.

DRF, since you're so high on Kelly, shouldn't you be talking trash about him? This hype machine might come back to bite you- how else are you going to be able to draft him next year? :-b

Unless, of course, you really prefer Jackson... :-? :-b
14 Teams, each keep 14 players
QB: P. Manning, Schaub
RB: MJD, Westy, C. Johnson, A. Bradshaw, J. Ringer
WR: TO, Driver, J. Gage, Crabtree, J. Morgan, K. Curtis, E. Bennett, M. Sims-Walker
TE: Witten, M. Lewis
K: Gostkowski, J. Brown
D/ST: Tenn, NE
Humpback
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy Expert

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:26 pm

Humpback wrote:I think that after the first 3, it's going to mainly be decided by who ends up where. I agree with F. Jones right now at #4, but that could obviously change after the draft. There are still a few talented RBs available after the top 4, so if they end up in good situations, I'd probably take one of them over any WR or QB.

DRF, since you're so high on Kelly, shouldn't you be talking trash about him? This hype machine might come back to bite you- how else are you going to be able to draft him next year? :-b

My main concern is my money keeper league... and the only where that knows how high I am on Kelly is my wife 8-o
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:48 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
Humpback wrote:DRF, since you're so high on Kelly, shouldn't you be talking trash about him? This hype machine might come back to bite you- how else are you going to be able to draft him next year? :-b

My main concern is my money keeper league... and the only where that knows how high I am on Kelly is my wife 8-o

Don't kid yourself buddy...I know exactly who you'll be taking with the 1.03 pick in the Cafe Devil's Castle Dynasty League come August... :-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:12 pm

The Lung wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:
Humpback wrote:DRF, since you're so high on Kelly, shouldn't you be talking trash about him? This hype machine might come back to bite you- how else are you going to be able to draft him next year? :-b

Don't kid yourself buddy...I know exactly who you'll be taking with the 1.03 pick in the Cafe Devil's Castle Dynasty League come August... :-D

who :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby The Lung » Mon Feb 18, 2008 8:54 am

C'mon, everyone, we need more votes! ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:20 am

Voted for Charles...
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk