Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Poll ended at Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:52 pm

RB Jamaal Charles
30%
RB Tashard Choice
5%
RB Chris Johnson
5%
QB Matt Ryan
5%
WR Malcolm Kelly
45%
WR DeSean Jackson
5%
other (please discuss)
5%

Total votes : 20

Re: Who is the #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008?

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:05 pm

BigBadBrawler wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:if Kelly wins, what will I do 8-o

Tebow for #6... ;-7 :-b

Good Idea ;-D
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BigBadBrawler » Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:56 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:
BigBadBrawler wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:if Kelly wins, what will I do 8-o

Tebow for #6... ;-7 :-b

Good Idea ;-D

You hear your boy Kelly isn't gonna run the 40? You think that'll affect his draft status?
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby deerayfan072 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:04 pm

BigBadBrawler wrote:You hear your boy Kelly isn't gonna run the 40? You think that'll affect his draft status?

Not sure. He doesn't run a blazing 40, but he isn't slow. I think the combine is overrated. You learn a lot more from game film and he can flat out play. I think the combine hurts more people than it helps. I think it helps players that were at small schools.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Lung » Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:05 pm

The consensus vote for #5 rookie for keeper/dynasty leagues in 2008 is WR Malcolm Kelly.

Kelly isn't even the consensus #1 WR in this year's draft according to most pundits, but you gotta give credit to deerayfan072 for stating his case. ;-D
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 72)

Postby mikus » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:39 am

Vindication for deeray?

RotoWorld wrote:The "consensus at the NFL Combine" reportedly seemed to be that Malcolm Kelly and DeSean Jackson are the top two receivers in the draft.

Kelly didn't even work out at the pre-draft event, so this shows he has staying power. He should run at Oklahoma's March 11 Pro Day. Jackson's size (5'9/169) apparently isn't that big a deal. Mario Manningham is slipping.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby deerayfan072 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:32 pm

mikus wrote:Vindication for deeray?

RotoWorld wrote:The "consensus at the NFL Combine" reportedly seemed to be that Malcolm Kelly and DeSean Jackson are the top two receivers in the draft.

Kelly didn't even work out at the pre-draft event, so this shows he has staying power. He should run at Oklahoma's March 11 Pro Day. Jackson's size (5'9/169) apparently isn't that big a deal. Mario Manningham is slipping.

sadly this means he will never make it to the Bucs. I told ya he was the best, and in the words of moon: "whoever gets him will have themselves a stud"

B-)
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby mikus » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:08 pm

Ouch:

RotoWorld wrote: Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly ran forty times of 4.75 and 4.68 at his Pro Day on Wednesday.

This may very well knock Kelly out of first-round consideration. For comparison's sake, Dwayne Jarrett ran 4.67 and 4.62 at his Pro Day a year ago and went No. 45 overall. Kelly's vertical leap (32") also was unimpressive. He did reportedly look "very good" in position drills. Teammate Reggie Smith ran 4.65 and 4.61. Non-zone teams may only look at Smith as a safety now.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby BlueBandit24 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:43 pm

mikus wrote:Ouch:

RotoWorld wrote: Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly ran forty times of 4.75 and 4.68 at his Pro Day on Wednesday.

This may very well knock Kelly out of first-round consideration. For comparison's sake, Dwayne Jarrett ran 4.67 and 4.62 at his Pro Day a year ago and went No. 45 overall. Kelly's vertical leap (32") also was unimpressive. He did reportedly look "very good" in position drills. Teammate Reggie Smith ran 4.65 and 4.61. Non-zone teams may only look at Smith as a safety now.

Looks like Kelly went out for a leisurely jog without realizing somebody was clocking him in the 40.

Not what a guy whose stock is plummeting needed, but it obviously does not make or break him and he did have some good times in the shuttle and cone drills considering his size. It will be interesting to see whether he goes the way of Jarrett or Boldin, both of whom posted an awful 40-times.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:33 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:
mikus wrote:Ouch:

Looks like Kelly went out for a leisurely jog without realizing somebody was clocking him in the 40.

Not what a guy whose stock is plummeting needed, but it obviously does not make or break him and he did have some good times in the shuttle and cone drills considering his size. It will be interesting to see whether he goes the way of Jarrett or Boldin, both of whom posted an awful 40-times.

let me channel deeray:

treat channeling deeray wrote:This was Kelly's plan all along. He told me early this year during a long walk on the beach. His plan was to drop in the first round so that he plays for a SB contender, possibly a team like Dallas.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby joelamosobadiah » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:54 pm

treat24 wrote:
BlueBandit24 wrote:

let me channel deeray:

treat channeling deeray wrote:This was Kelly's plan all along. He told me early this year during a long walk on the beach. His plan was to drop in the first round so that he plays for a SB contender, possibly a team like Dallas.

:-b :-b ;-D I won't mind. ;-)
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk