Coming March 3rd, 2008, from the Studio that brought you Mafia IV: Mob War and Christmas Mafia, is the latest chapter in Kilroy's barely entertaining, mostly moronic, always barely adequate Mafia Games....
Mafia: Invasion From Uranus
Mafia: Invasion From Uranus is a battle between an informed minority and an uninformed majority. Players are divided into two teams: "Uranians", who know each other; and "Townies". The goal of each "team" is to eliminate the other.
Roles are assigned by the Ruler of the Universe. The following are the available roles:
Uranians - These are bad guys sent to conquer the Earth. They know who each other are. At night they get to turn one player into a Uranian. The number of Uranians will depend on the Total number of players.
Townies- These are just regular people. They have nothing special about them.
ISK - an Insane Serial Killer terrorizing the town. At night The ISK gets 1 Night Kill.
FBI Agents (2) - Two investigators sent to stop the Uranians. They know who each other are. At Night the FBI Agents can either learn the affiliation of 2 Players or Make 1 Night Kill. Should one of the FBI Agents be killed the other will seek revenge, becoming in effect an ISK, making 1 Kill each Night.
Night begins after a player is killed (by lynching or "Act of Ruler of the Universe"), and lasts until the moderator posts that day has started. There will be no voting allowed during the night.
At the beginning of the Day, the Moderator announces the ISK's victim. This player is "dead" and may no longer participate in the game in any way other than to post nonsense.
During the daytime phase, the players deliberate over which suspected “Uranian" they wish to nominate for lynching. At any time any player may post a vote for which player he/she feels should be lynched. For someone to be lynched, a majority vote (more than 50%) needs to be reached. Once someone is lynched, please PM the moderator.
NOTE: If no player has been banished by Midnight Eastern on any game day then the "Act of Ruler of the Universe" Rule will be instituted and the game will progress.
"Act of Ruler of the Universe"
If no player has been lynched by the cutoff time on any game day then the Ruler of the Universe will randomly select a player and kill them in the most gruesome fashion he can think of.
How To Win
The game ends when:
1.) the last Uranian and the ISK have been lynched (Townie victory)
2.) All players have been turned into Uranians or killed. (Uranian victory)
3.) Only the ISK and one player (from either faction) remain. (ISK victory)
1. The moderator's ruling is final. If you think that a decision is unfair, feel free to post why you think so after the game is over. Moderators can always use constructive criticism. Do not, however, be nasty about it.
2. While posting in Game Day threads is permitted during the "Night" portion, voting is not.
3. Do not post anything game-related (even "I suspect him!") once you are dead. In particular, if day has just started, make sure that you haven't died before revealing information you just received at night.
4. Please vote in this syntax (including the bold):
A normal vote wrote:
Vote: member name
Changing a vote wrote:
Unvote: member name
New vote: member name
5. Never show PMs from the moderator to anyone in the game. Quoting your PM to prove your innocence is strictly forbidden.
6. Do not discuss the game with other players outside of the thread unless you are part of the Uranian or Investigator groups.
7. Do not sign up for a game under two different names.
8. Do NOT edit posts - if you say something you didn't mean to, that's your mistake. Make 2 posts if you forget something, don't edit the 1st one.
9. the Moderator will occasionally post vote tallies. Once a majority vote is achieved, voting stops and votes cannot be changed. PM the moderator whenever a majority vote is reached.
10. If the ISK is lynched he is still entitled to a Kill that night. (The murder took place just before the lynching, but the body was not discovered until later)
11.) If an Investigator is turned into a Uranian he/she may reveal the identity of the other Investigator to the other Uranians, but not vice versa.
12.) So long as one Uranian survives a given "Day" he/she may turn another player into a Uranian, even if he/she is killed by the ISK that "Night".
13.) If the ISK or both FBI Agents are turned into Uranians they will no longer make a Night Kill. They will, however, still receive a kill (or in the case of the FBI Agents the option of Making a Kill) that night before learning that they are a Uranian or the identities of the other Uranians.
NIGHT PROGRESSION OF EVENTS
1.) ISK Kill
2.) FBI Agents Investigation of 2 Players or Kill
3.) Uranian "turning"
NOTE: Events happen more or less "simultaneously", and the order of progression is not concrete.
Ruler of the Universe: Kilroy1872
4.) mad hatter
12.) A Fleshner Fantasy
14.) whodey #9
Last edited by Kilroy on Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:02 pm, edited 24 times in total.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire