What will Browns do with Quinn? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What will Browns do with Quinn?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What will Browns do with Quin?

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:39 pm

deerayfan072 wrote:Hopefully spell his name right.... :-b

Are you kidding dee? You can't spell worth a crap! :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What will Browns do with Quinn?

Postby CPD » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:13 pm

;-D
CPD
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Metroid » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:27 pm

dee and I go way back and I can tell you first hand he's the smartest illiterate person I know. :-b
Metroid

Postby moochman » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:18 am

Metroid wrote:dee and I go way back and I can tell you first hand he's the smartest illiterate person I know. :-b

Are you talking figuratively or illiterally?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: What will Browns do with Quin?

Postby deerayfan072 » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:06 am

Metroid wrote:
deerayfan072 wrote:Hopefully spell his name right.... :-b

Are you kidding dee? You can't spell worth a crap! :-b

:-b . Hey I get it so much I figured I could say something to someone else

:-b

what do these red dots under my words mean anyway :-B
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:46 am

ESPN.com wrote:Report: Browns increase offer to Anderson to 3 years, $20 million

ESPN.com news services

With the deadline to tender restricted free agents looming, the Cleveland Browns are continuing their efforts to secure quarterback Derek Anderson with a contact extension.

The Browns' latest offer is a three-year deal worth $20 million, with $10 million guaranteed, according to the Columbus Dispatch. There are indications that an agreement could be struck Wednesday or early Thursday, according to reports in both the Dispatch and the Cleveland Plain Dealer.

Anderson is scheduled to become a restricted free agent on Friday, and he can either accept the Browns' offer, or take a one-year tender worth $2.52 million. With the tender, the Browns would be able to match any other team's offer to Anderson, or receive first- and third-round draft picks if he ends up with another team.

Anderson, 24, who won 10 games and threw for 3,787 yards and 29 touchdowns in his first season as a starter, began the 2007 season as the backup to Charlie Frye . He ended up taking over and was a Pro Bowl alternate.

Anderson reportedly received an earlier offer from the Browns for three years and $16 million, with $11 million guaranteed, according to the Dispatch, but he turned it down. However, Anderson has to weigh the cons as well -- he would be leaving as much as $17 million on the table if he doesn't accept the Browns' latest offer.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby knapplc » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:58 am

I hope Anderson signs. I'm left with few options in my Keeper league and I need him to be somewhat stable.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kilroy » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:05 pm

NFL.com wrote:Browns offer tender to QB Anderson

Associated Press

BEREA, Ohio -- The Browns want quarterback Derek Anderson back, but are prepared to begin the Brady Quinn era if no deal can be reached.

Cleveland has tendered Anderson a one-year offer for $2.5 million in 2008, and also made a three-year offer -- reportedly worth $20 million, with $10 million guaranteed.

If Anderson declines the multiyear offer and becomes a restricted free agent Friday, it's unlikely he'll be back, general manager Phil Savage said Thursday.

"If he's willing to take the walk out there, there's got to be some indication there's something at the end of the rainbow," Savage said.

If Anderson signs with another team, Savage said the Browns wouldn't be able to match the offer. Instead, they'd take the first- and third-round pick draft picks they'd receive as compensation and turn to fan favorite Quinn as the starting quarterback.

"If Derek wants to be a Brown and really wants to stay here in Cleveland and play with the players that are on our team, then he can do that rather easily," Savage said. "We can look in the mirror and know we put a strong offer out there.

"But he's earned the right to get to this point because of his play last year. We're in a good situation either way."

Savage said the team's position isn't an ultimatum. But with free agency around the corner, the team has a budget with Anderson's three-year deal and another without it.

A message seeking comment was left with Anderson's agent, Mark Humenik.

Cleveland is desperate for help on the defensive line and at linebacker, and Savage expects to target those positions immediately in free agency.

The 24-year-old Anderson threw 29 touchdown passes and 19 interceptions last season and went 10-5 after taking over as the starter in Week 2. He made the Pro Bowl as an alternate.

Quinn, from Notre Dame, was limited to just eight passes as a rookie after the Browns traded their first-round draft pick in 2008 to take him with the No. 22 pick last April. He would remain the backup if Anderson agrees to the three-year deal.

"There's a comfort level that Brady can walk in, administrate the offense and do even more than that," Savage said. "He does have some mobility, is physically strong and has a good arm. The mental part is going to end up being his greatest strength."

If Anderson leaves, the Browns would be in the market for an experienced backup, Savage said.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Kilroy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:17 am

ESPN.com wrote:Report: Anderson gets multiyear deal from Browns

Cleveland Browns quarterback Derek Anderson wasn't a free agent for long.

Anderson has agreed to a multiyear contract to stay with the Browns, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract had not been completed.

General manager Phil Savage believed if Anderson had gotten an offer from another team, the Browns probably wouldn't have been able to keep him.

The team had been negotiating a three-year, $20 million deal for Anderson.

The 24-year-old signed with Cleveland just hours after he became a restricted free agent.

Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Metroid » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:45 am

Kilroy1872 wrote:
ESPN.com wrote:Report: Anderson gets multiyear deal from Browns

Cleveland Browns quarterback Derek Anderson wasn't a free agent for long.

Anderson has agreed to a multiyear contract to stay with the Browns, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract had not been completed.

General manager Phil Savage believed if Anderson had gotten an offer from another team, the Browns probably wouldn't have been able to keep him.

The team had been negotiating a three-year, $20 million deal for Anderson.

The 24-year-old signed with Cleveland just hours after he became a restricted free agent.

This should be it's own thread but anyway I'm stoked they reached a deal with Anderson. ;-D
Metroid

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk