What will Browns do with Quinn? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What will Browns do with Quinn?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: What will Browns do with Quinn?

Postby BigBadBrawler » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:53 am

Metroid wrote:
Kilroy1872 wrote:
ESPN.com wrote:Report: Anderson gets multiyear deal from Browns

Cleveland Browns quarterback Derek Anderson wasn't a free agent for long.

Anderson has agreed to a multiyear contract to stay with the Browns, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the contract had not been completed.

General manager Phil Savage believed if Anderson had gotten an offer from another team, the Browns probably wouldn't have been able to keep him.

The team had been negotiating a three-year, $20 million deal for Anderson.

The 24-year-old signed with Cleveland just hours after he became a restricted free agent.

This should be it's own thread but anyway I'm stoked they reached a deal with Anderson. ;-D

You and me both. I wonder if CLE upped the offer or if DA's agent was just bluffing about going into Free Agency to see if he could drive up the price...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby moochman » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:57 am

Great signing for the Browns. At that price they could trade him in years 2 or 3 should Brady Quinn prove worthy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Kilroy » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:16 pm

Re-Signed Lewis, Re-Signed DA, and got some DL help at a decent price...so far so good this off-season.

Keep It Up Mr. Savage. ;-D

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby killiansjmd » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:35 pm

Quinn still wants to start for Browns
Posted: Sunday March 2, 2008 3:58PM; Updated: Sunday March 2, 2008 3:58PM

CLEVELAND (AP) -- Browns quarterback Brady Quinn expects to compete for the starting job despite Derek Anderson's $24 million, three-year contract.

"My whole goal is preparing myself and getting ready to try to take over the starting job and lead this team," Quinn said Saturday during an appearance at an auto show.

Anderson agreed to his new deal Friday, a move that took him off the restricted free-agent market. The contract includes $14.5 million guaranteed.

General manager Phil Savage says Anderson is the clear starter entering training camp. Anderson threw 29 TD passes last season and led the Browns to 10 wins.

Quinn understands the situation and even applauded Anderson's signing, but doesn't plan on carrying a clipboard again. His mind-set is "just competing and try to take this team to the playoffs, something we weren't able to do last year."

The Browns traded their first-round pick in 2008 for the chance to draft Quinn No. 22 last April.

He looked good in preseason after holding out, then spent the final 15 weeks of the regular season as Anderson's backup and didn't throw a pass until the finale, when he went 3-for-8 for 45 yards.

Coach Romeo Crennel will open camp with Anderson the starter, but maintained competition breeds success.

"Both of those guys are going to compete," he said Saturday at team headquarters in Berea. "And then we'll see who gives us the best chance."

Copyright 2008 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk