2008 QB Sitch - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Baltimore Ravens

2008 QB Sitch

Moderator: Football Moderators

2008 QB Sitch

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Thu Feb 21, 2008 11:15 pm

So who's QB'ing for the Ravens in '08? McNair back? Boller? Troy Smith continue getting a shot? If he can't beat out McNair, and Boller has a leg up...He even have a chance as an NFL qb?

What's gonna happen for the Ravens?
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2008 QB Sitch

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:09 pm

Now that Billick is out of the picture, I can't see Boller getting a legitimate shot with the Ravens again, unless something crazy happens. Seems like Billick had a bit of a man crush on Boller, giving him shot after shot with little to show for it. Boller's shown flashes of brilliance, but that's not to say he's special. Considering he's been around since 2003, I think it's time to let Boller go and usher in a new era. That said, McNair shouldn't be starting either.

Gotta go with Troy Smith on this one. He didn't play much last season, but he does have the skill set to make it as a professional quarterback. They just need to give him a shot and surround him with a bit of talent. Mason, Clayton, Heap, McGahee and Co. are a strong core of players to help Smith take the next step. I wonder how Deluxe feels about Smith. :-?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Re: 2008 QB Sitch

Postby deluxe_247 » Thu May 15, 2008 9:27 pm

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:Now that Billick is out of the picture, I can't see Boller getting a legitimate shot with the Ravens again, unless something crazy happens. Seems like Billick had a bit of a man crush on Boller, giving him shot after shot with little to show for it. Boller's shown flashes of brilliance, but that's not to say he's special. Considering he's been around since 2003, I think it's time to let Boller go and usher in a new era. That said, McNair shouldn't be starting either.

Gotta go with Troy Smith on this one. He didn't play much last season, but he does have the skill set to make it as a professional quarterback. They just need to give him a shot and surround him with a bit of talent. Mason, Clayton, Heap, McGahee and Co. are a strong core of players to help Smith take the next step. I wonder how Deluxe feels about Smith. :-?

sorry guys that i never saw this. once the team forums got condensed i kind of just stopped coming in here. laziness by me, i know :-b

anyways...im sure the draft answered a lot of questions, but i dont think flacco will start at the beginning of the year. im really hoping troy gets the start. we already know what we get with boller, might as well give the new guy a shot...not to mention he didnt look too shabby last season even playing in some horrible conditions. i think the new coaching staff will roll with whoever looks best preseason which is great news for a guy who is used to seeing boller no matter what. :-b
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Baltimore Ravens